Bio-Rad, Inc. Employee Reviews

Planner (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CA8 September 2019
My co workers are nice.
I learned a lot using SAP.
There is a work life balance.
My manager was so supportive and there’s a teamwork.
The GM and head of the departments were approachable and supportive.
Surrounded by incompetence and setup to fail.
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Benicia, CA31 August 2019
Pay and benefits above average. Often stressful due to repeated chaos as a result of poor communication, incompetence and apathy at every level. Feels like being setup to fail.
I like working here
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CA 9454731 August 2019
Working in a laboratory setting is something new to me. Nevertheless i enjoyed it. My co-workers were willing to help me out whenever i need assistance in my assigned task. Everyone helped each other and they made sure i felt comfortable in the workplace.
Imploding
Sales (Current Employee) –  Europe29 August 2019
Once an excellent company that valued its employees it's now one that fails to see what's going wrong. Very poor management, especially at a more senior level. Hapless and unhelpful is now making them victimize employees rather than acknowledge the issues at a higher level. Very sad
Competitive environment
Research Associate III (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA28 August 2019
The lack of vision of the use for the newly acquired technology made it difficult to work there, but the company overall is a good company. Once they figure out what they want to do the group will be much more effective.
Pros
Good company, benefits
Cons
Poor work environment
Very interesting place to work
Production Assembler (Current Employee) –  Hercules, CA28 August 2019
The employees are diverse and down to earth. The management is very flexible. Your request are granted 80-90% of the time. That makes for a better environment if you have little ones to drop at school or pick up.
Great Company & Vision to be a part of!!!
N/A (Current Employee) –  Hercules, CA27 August 2019
I recommend pursuing this company for employment 100%!
The vision, dedication to community involvement, employee appreciation & development, leadership, and integrity of this company are just a few highlights to be admired - and truly an extra benefit in any job offer received!
Great place but poor manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CA13 August 2019
People are very nice and culture is great. I think they need to do a digital transformation if they want to remain competitive. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Motivating place to work
Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CA12 August 2019
Great place to work, management and team are motivating, big team player environment, everyone is very helpful and respond well to questions. Also good work life balance
Productive and fun working place
Quality Engineer / Product Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CA26 July 2019
Place where things can get done on time, but definitely a feeling of needing to be a go-getter and promote communication. A great place to get a foothold for one's career in needing to leap off to other places.
Empresa com ótimo ambiente e estrutura.
Análise físico-química (Former Employee) –  Laboratorio Controle de Qualidade/Piloto22 June 2019
Empresa com ótimo ambiente e estrutura. Colegas educados e noção de trabalho em equipe forte. A cultura da empresa é excelente.
Pros
Refeição na empresa
Cons
Gerência precisa lidar melhor com o material humano.
Poor Management
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CA30 May 2019
work was stressful, everything was a different scenario for processing orders. They wanted to much work to be completed on a daily basis as well as follow up on orders/work from previous days that haven't shipped for whatever reason. The expected you to get and understand everything first time. you got help, but unless it was an coworker you wouldn't. Management would fix problems but wont explain what the to fix it and just tell you that you did it wrong. when there were teams meets or one on one meets. The supervisors or managers wouldn't really listen to your question or suggestion, if at all. HR wouldnt even take on your behalf about the managers/supervisors listening to you in meetings. . Most times they would just cut me off mid-question or answer. instead of showing you what was wrong they just gave you a list of errors and asked you yourself to reviews if they are your error or not.
Pros
good Coworkers, nice offices and atmophere
productive
Field Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Delhi28 May 2019
Nice company to work with . there are lot of things to learn , work life balance is there with secure job . Mangement and team is too good . team work is appreciable.
grosser Zusammenhalt zwischen Kolleginnen und Kollegen
Industriemeister Lagerwirtschaft (Former Employee) –  München17 May 2019
goods manufacturing practice
wird gelebt
sehr positiver arbeitsalltag
Pros
Essens Bons, Getränke frei, viele Firmenveranstaltungen
Cons
Schliessung der Bereiche Logistics und Manufacturing
Great People, Great learning opportunities
Regulatory Affairs Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Hercules, California6 May 2019
Great People who come together to build a great work culture, Great learning opportunities especially for those seeking to advance in their career and grow.
Not a great place to work
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA22 April 2019
In the 2 and a half years I was there, it was pretty bad. It's very fast paced which i dont mind. But once a mistake was committed it came down to he said she said and the management always took the word of the person with more seniority. Management pins blame on the most vulnerable person.
Pros
Cons
Too much gossip, tries to overwork people
29 April 2019

Dang it! We hate to read this type of review, but thanks for keeping it balanced (many people would have tried to make a point by giving fewer stars). We do appreciate the feedback. While it's impossible to speak to your specific situation, please do know that we have a fair and vigorous investigation process that we believe is fair. We certainly hope you engaged that process while you were with us. Too bad things didn't work out, but we wish you the best of success in your career.

Muy buena empresa para laborar
Comprador/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Ciudad de México, D. F.12 April 2019
Excelente ambiente de trabajo, excelentes personas
old school - needs more life
ERP Training Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CA3 April 2019
Place is stuck in stone age and needs to have innovative leaders to encourage the company to stay with the times when it comes to retaining their people, technology, and efficiency. I guess age and work culture differs between departments. Some people were very uptight and took their job too seriously.
Pros
some fun people and some friendly
Cons
behind the times in tech, older workforce
29 April 2019

First off, thanks for taking your time to submit this review. We appreciate feedback. We try to use it to make ourselves better and increase our understanding. You're probably right that work culture can vary between departments and "micro-cultures" can develop. That can happen (and does happen) anywhere, to be honest. Our experience is that Bio-Rad is a pretty easy-going work culture and most of us don't take our jobs too seriously. Seriously!

Our relationship to tech can also vary per roles and functions, but we're not Luddites by any means--sometimes we question the value that technology and change brings, which is something every organization must do as they evolve. But change we must and we get that, too. Most arguments are about the direction and speed--not about necessity.

Our very best wishes to you.

Evolution professionnelle
Directeur de site (Former Employee) –  Roanne (42)2 April 2019
Très bonne entreprise familiale en forte croissance et optimisation de son organisation
All positive
Sr. Recruiter/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  California16 March 2019
The first company I have worked at in a long time that has had a great work environment that focuses on teamwork. Not pointing fingers of blame, but more, how do we get to our goals together. The company works on training and improving overall communication and ethical behavior to keep up on a great overall work community.
I love going to work everyday and love what I get to do and who I get to work with.
Pros
A long list of positives.
Cons
No work from home policy.
29 April 2019

Sweet--you must work in our department!

All joking aside, your review is appreciated and a bit of a shot in the arm. The work from home issue is definitely something we've been looking at--mostly on a departmental basis. Some roles lend themselves better to remote working and some teams are more able to support it. Bio-Rad in general is a very sociable and relationship-driven culture and we like that. It helps us retain and grow the good things that you mentioned. But we're looking, too, at where things are going and adapting where adaptation is needed. We hope you'll stick with us and be a positive force for the good changes we see in our future!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bio-Rad, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.