Biogen Employee Reviews

Cambridge site closed
Manufacturing Associate 4 (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA5 June 2019
The Cambridge manufacturing site closed 31DEC16. I can't add anything to that. Need to keep typing to reach 150 character minimum. Like all companies there was good and bad.
Very very un organized
Whatever they decide the day of (Current Employee) –  Massachusetts30 May 2019
The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing honestly. I’ve over 25 years experience doing the type of work I’m doing here. There is no direction or guidance.
If you are not of a certain nationality your basically a nobody in my opinion.
Pros
Free condiments
Cons
Lack of direction
Great Company to Work
SR. CLOUD/DEVOPS ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NC28 May 2019
Biogen is great company to work because there is lot of opportunity to learn new tools and do proof of concepts.I have learnt new tools in Biogen. Work and life balance also really good at Biogen.
was great
Director Global Quality, Training and Development (Former Employee) –  NC28 May 2019
I enjoyed my time and my team at Biogen, the senior management however, left a lot to be desired. The head would rotate his senior leadership team to ensure constant change, without any measurable improvement.
Pros
people
Cons
sr. leadership
Productive work place
Co-op (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MA20 May 2019
1) The work environment is very good.
2) The colleagues at work are very helpful and supportive.
3) The team bonding is good and everyone is treated with respect.
4) The working conditions and lab facilities are excellent.
Fun place to work, depending on the area.
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Zug, ZG7 May 2019
Too many meetings and need to work overtime specially in operational areas.
Excellent facilities, as well as culture and working atmosphere.
Obsolete system and not much attention into it yet.
Pros
Free breakfast, plenty of social hours and opportunities to network.
Cons
Extreme amount of meetings, obsolete system to work with, overtime can go extreme and is not measured and paid as it is part of salary as per contract.
Jong en dynamisch met veel mogelijkheden
Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Hoofddorp30 April 2019
Een dynamisch bedrijf waar veel mogelijk is. Jonge mensen en veel binding tussen de werknemers.
N/a
Universal Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NC18 April 2019
Biogen is a diverse company that I have enjoyed working at over the past 5 years in the patient service department. The culture and D&I is a very important part of what they stand for.
Cons
hard to advance, favorism
Good company questional leadership
Associate Scientist III / Physical Biochemistry (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA11 April 2019
I was a great company when I started. It began to shift about 2 years in and became more about money then patients. Biogen then began bringing in managers with no managerial experience who were "yes" men.
Management turmoil
Director (Former Employee) –  Durham, NC10 April 2019
Multiple shakeups in upper management has lead to a deteriorating work force confidence. No management vision, inactive vision and poor communication.
Pros
Great salaries
Cons
management disorder
The company promotes a caring and empowering company
Risk Evaluation Mitigation Strategy Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NC7 April 2019
It is a call center environment with job options other than being on the telephone. The hardest part of the job is the telephone coverage that is required. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist patients in anyway possible.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Must start on the later shift.
Good to work with Biogen
Salesforce Developer/Admin (Current Employee) –  Weston, MA25 March 2019
Learned so many things working at biogen management was very friendly and work place was tremendous the hard time which i suffered was didnt get the leave the most enjoyable time was every friday after lunch we use play games sometimes wee party outside with management.
Pros
dfjsdflksdlfs
Cons
snjkfskflslfnsksncmlsn
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA25 March 2019
Biogen is a wonderful place to work. Salary, benefits, work/life focus, mission-- all very strong. There are some downsides, like advancement is often based on "who you know" rather than what you know, so that is frustrating, but overall a great place to work.
Pros
Benefits, work/life focus
Cons
limited advancement opportunities
Fantastic place to start your career
Quality Control Associate I (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC17 March 2019
Biogen is a fantastic company in all the ways possible. I was part of a great QC team and would have continued if I didn't relocate to NYC. I grew a lot there and was promoted ahead of time.
Best company to work for!
Chemical Associate I (Former Employee) –  Durham, NC25 February 2019
Manager: I never had a bad manager. They are patient, clever, and showed concern for their team members

Benefits: Great benefits

Work environment: Encouraging, recognizes hard work and appreciates good work ethic and integrity
Not for IT
Lead Computer Engineer, Platform and DR Services (Former Employee) –  Weston, MA6 February 2019
Great company to work for...unless you work for the IT department. IT management changes often so policies and projects get flipped just as often. They also like to declare total victory on major projects when the project just went live five minutes before.
Pros
Pay and compensation is great.
Cons
IT is poorly managed
Horrible culture, No company direction
Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NC1 February 2019
They will impress you with all of the free things during training making you feel like you're a part of something important. There are a lot of free things given but the training is mediocre at best.

I wasn't impressed with the managerial style and the company seemed to lack experienced managers. The culture is terrible on the manufacturing and Patient services side. I used to love what I was doing until they did a huge layoff and people that were there for 10 yrs were let go. While I had only been there for 4 years. It was a very sad day and I realized I was a number then. When I was there, the domino effect had already started and good people were leaving to find a better atmosphere. Sometimes the money isn't worth not having your peace of mind at the end of the day and only being regarded as a number and not an actual contributor to the company.
Pros
Free Soda, Donuts, company memorabilia, time off
Cons
working like you're on house arrest, you're monitored as to how long you're in the restroom, you can't take too long wrapping a call or you will get IM'd as to why aren't you on the telephone, the town hall meetings are a joke, it's a who you know in order to get promoted company.
Great Company!!
Accounting Supervisor/Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA21 January 2019
Love loved loved this job! Great team, great bosses all the way up to the VPs. Loved my clients and my peers. Building had every amenity you could dream of including a starbucks, gym, cafe with chefs waiting to cook up your fav meal, you name it! The company took great care of the employees and they in turn had no complaints putting in the additional hours when needed. Access to the best software tools and programs too. I can't think of any cons except that they unfortunately shut down the entire site when corporate decided to move the company in a different direction. It was great while it lasted though,
Pros
great amenities and work life balance
Cons
shut down facility
Productive and collaborative
SENIOR THERAPY SUPPORT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NC19 January 2019
Management was strong within this organization, along with their training and advancement programs. The organization motivated you to perform at your very best, and you enjoyed going into work every day.
Pros
Healthare
Cons
Fast Paced
Biogen
Manufacturing Associate III (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NC16 January 2019
Work always began with a shift exchange which ensured the incoming shift knew what was in process. Usually production would be in process and at times it would be in a fast paced environment. Each shift had a Team Lead and a Manager. The Lead delegated who worked on what piece of equipment of activity in the process. The Manager was always there for guidance and would be the decision maker should something go wrong. Throughout the time I was at Biogen I worked as a Manufacturing Associate (MA) and that is when I learned how to operate all the equipment in Large Scale Purification. Biogen granted me the opportunity to work on other projects unrelated to being an MA and I was able to establish new programs and work on providing a safer environment for MA's with the newest Biogen safety program. The hardest part of the job was when you had to think quick if something went wrong or there were stressful time constraints. My favorite part was knowing that the product I produced went on to helping someone in need.
Pros
Guaranteed raise and bonus each year, 401k match up to 3%, employee stock options, unlimited sick time, great insurance plan, lunch food was amazing, various employee events, so much more
Cons
Standing and bending over a lot, Can be very stressful, Easy to make an error and some errors are extremely costly i.e. loss of product.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Biogen. Our community is ready to answer.