Bird Rides Inc. Employee Reviews

Bird Rides is an awesome innovative company
Shipping Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Compton, CA4 August 2019
Environmentally friendly company using scooters as a last mile ride option. Innovative and eco friendly company. Bird Rides is a great place to work. Several warehouses in the LA area.
Pros
Free Friday lunch
Cons
Not enough parking
Very fun and chill warehouse environment
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Venice, CA30 July 2019
Excited to go to work everyday, coworkers are great, work some repetitive but challenging so you never get bored. Management is horrible with communicating. Very little upward potential, and when there is it all dependent on favoritism and not actual work ethic, output or drive.
Pros
Very flexible with scheduling
Cons
poor management and communication
Bad management!!!
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL30 July 2019
VERY bad management... UNREALISTIC expectations. EXTREMELY Bad communication. They want you to pick up more than 25 -30 scooters a day to bring back when in reality there is only 10 - 15 that you can bring back! They fire people for no reason at all and dont even have the common courtesy or respect to call you and let you know the reason as to why you got fired or let go... I had to call to find out. Managers have no clue how to run a company but expect the world from us! It is absolutely the worst company to work for... I wouldnt even waste your time applying!!!
Competitive
SCOOTER CHARGER (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA15 July 2019
It is a competitive job to get as many scooters as you can as they show up on the map. In order to capitalize on this, you need to continually check the map for scooters that are showing up around town. You have to do this with a relatively low number of scooters showing up, and other people who may beat you to a scooter/scooters therefore resulting in a loss of money.
Decent hourly pay, TERRIBLE management.
Fleet Technician/Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA1 July 2019
Management rarely knows what they're doing, they take the "strong man" approach to management which rubs employees the wrong way on a daily basis. 2-3 months is "long" employment at Bird, mechanics get into fights over nonsense, supervisors curse at employees daily. They expect top notch results with limited resources without providing overtime. Each day working there is the day you may get let go without warning. Take the job if you need the money at the time, by all means pay your bills, but NEVER stop looking elsewhere.
Fun place to work
Operations (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CA18 June 2019
It was great working with others my age, non corporate enviroment and perks included snacks and daily lunch from various restaurants. Very casual and fun
Pros
free lunch, provide laptop and very fun
Cons
pay rate and supervisors
Lack of knowlege from most new managers. BIRD is BURNING invertors CASH like no tomorrow
Bird field tech (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL8 June 2019
This is a new company in South Florida. New management has little to no management skills. They are being told to crank out numbers for books to look good for investors. Quality is suffering and damaged birds are being band aid fixed and put out on street for unknowing customers to get injured. When you see this and say something your demonized and told its fine. Im the one out in the field not you BIG BOSS. Im offering constructive comments. Not to hurt you but to help you,me and evey other person that likes the job. I see LIME, BOLT & GOTCHA guys setting up, planning & responding better then BIRD. You really need to get you act together or BIRD & your target contract workers (temp guys/gals) will all be without a paycheck. Then its back to managing the fry machine.
Shady place to work. Management will abuse you. Incompetent management.
Fleet Driver (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA5 June 2019
Unprofessional behavior from the Manager. Takes hours to respond when he does nothing all day but sit at his computer. Does not work or help any of our coworkers. He frequently looked under the influence. Didn’t even have the decency to fire me. Instead he didn’t show up to work and blocked me. He had some random lady call me. She said he fired me, and gave no explanation. She called me long after I was already at work and did not get paid for my work that day. I frequently missed lunches and breaks. They do not pay you for working overtime even when they make you stay late. Never missed one day of work and was never late. We started in a storage locker, and I helped them build a warehouse. I went above and beyond the job description and was fired for no reason. YOU ARE A TEMP EMPLOYEE, NOT A BIRD EMPLOYEE. They do not care about you. YOU WILL BE FIRED FOR NO REASON AND GET NO EXPLANATION AS TO WHY. THEY BLOCK AND IGNORE YOU.
Pros
Free scooter rides
Cons
Management, unpaid hours, unprofessional
Bad management
Fleet Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN3 June 2019
This was a decent job. Working out in the open with no set location to be. Scanning scooters and riding for free, cant beat it. When you try to reach the lead operators that's when it gets tricky.
Self paced work
Scooter Charger (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CA28 May 2019
The job was fun and added a few easy bucks to my wallet. Communication was fast from the management but ultimately not up to par. A great job for a college student or anybody who needs an easy side gig.
Pros
Easy, Self Paced
Cons
Manual Labor, contractor compensation
Fun work place
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Compton, CA21 May 2019
Awesome co workers bad management and leads. Two vacation days a year. Tree sicks days. Free lunch every Friday. A bad attendance policy. Test scooters and build
Pros
Ot and free lunch on Friday
Cons
Manager and lead
was a great honeymoon, but the marriage ended early.
Sr.Manager of Global Operations/Logistics (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CA15 May 2019
Was originally a fun place to work, but over time grew and changed to be all rules and micro managing. Also, too many chiefs and not enough Indians. No direction for the big picture.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
no breaks, high stress, micro manage
Worst company you could work for
Operational Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX13 May 2019
Bird has 0 job security. They will fire you for no reason at all! The pay is pretty good but the management is horrible! It can’t get any worse than this company. They fired my 2 friends because they requested off. They could’ve disapproved of it but they didn’t. They just fired them just for asking off on a weekend. A manager put his hands on me and pushed me out until I stopped him and demanded he doesn’t touch me again. I will be pursuing legal actions in that case because when he squeezed my shoulder, I felt a lot of pain inside. I went to the doctor and they said my shoulder is dislocated! Do not work here, I promise it’s not worth it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Communication, Job Security
Very immature company
Fleet Driver (Former Employee) –  Venice, CA9 May 2019
They use contractors like toilet paper there. They have no idea how to manage workers. I have never worked for such a careless company in my life. If you say anything to hurt management feelings, they delete you.
Pros
Cons
Immature management, you're not a Bird employee, cheap mindset
Fun place to work with lots of employee appreaction
ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Compton, CA 9022123 April 2019
My typical day at work i would deal with scooters all day. I learned how the rental scooters out there worked. The management could use more experience. The most enjoyable part of the job were the free meals given every Friday.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
wages
It's a job, and it beats amazon delivery in pay, and work life balance
Fleet Technician Driver (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX22 April 2019
If your looking for something short to long term to pay Bill's this is a great stop gap. 40 hour work weeks outside of special events when allowed to work as much as possible.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Temp agency no chance of permanent
Good an fun job
Recovery Agent (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CA12 April 2019
I like working for bird great pay an the hours are good for anyone that want to work when they want.The staff is also great. Quick and helpful response when you need them.
Bird flew away
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Antonio Tx6 March 2019
Bird scooter company fired all mechanics in 1 day and sent out a fake notice saying we had 1-2 weeks of work left. In reality there was no more work for anyone. The notice was just to keep the company from looking bad on paper.

The way things were managed was way out of control and I will be surprised if Bird does not go out of businesss.
Pros
On your own time
Cons
Too competitive, no managment, no training, no advancement.
Poor management, terrible communication, and will just hire new employees,no experience, with the same role, at a higher pay!
Birdwatcher (Ambassador) (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO2 March 2019
Expect far greater, than what they are willing to invest in there loyal full-time employees that have proven their hard work and rightly bring up increasing compensation. Then just hires people under you and gets rid of you.
Pros
Cons
No training, communication is a joke.
Terrible pay. Terrible management
Charger (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA2 March 2019
I signed up to be a charger and was told that they paid $5-$15 per bird, only to find out it’s actually $3-$7. Ok. After countless nights driving around looking for birds, and only capturing 2, I was quite frustrated. I then started reported two people who had cars full of birds at all hours of the day. Bird would always say they took this seriously,however, I saw the cars there almost daily for weeks. People taking birds before their release means that when you do go to get them, they aren’t there. Huge waste of time. Now they only pay $3 a bird which is still not fixing the problem because people will collect and hoard even more since they’re worth less. Not happy. Trying to pay off these stupid chargers I paid $30 for and then over it.
Pros
Potential to be a great company to work for
Cons
They don’t care about the people cheating the company, stockpiling birds outside of release hours, and damaging the birds by roughly throwing dozens into truck beds, They don’t followup on reports, Don’t care about employees as someone will do it for $1

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bird Rides Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8