Black & White Taxi Employee Reviews

Fun and friendly working culture
Taxi Driver (Former Employee) –  Coopers Plains QLD13 January 2020
Overall experience was excellent
12+ driving shift is a bit tiring
Salary depends on luck
Job is secured as a car is always available with Black & White
Management and office folks are super-friendly
Job Culture is a stress-free routine
Pros
Take a break anytime
Cons
No cons
i was a owner driver
Self Employed Taxi Driver (Former Employee) –  Driver24 September 2019
i drove for myself
started at three am
finished at 2.30 pm
did the paper work for me and my drivers
repaired vehicle when needed
and sometimes took it to someone to repair
enjoyed talking to customers
Driving for Black & White
Taxi Driver (Former Employee) –  Driver NT22 October 2018
The hours were long and the take home pay completely depended on other people.
If you need to take a weekend off then it was a big financial hit.
It was an enjoyable job while you were busy.
Working hard to fix the wrongs
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD29 September 2018
A very interesting industry. The last few years have seen a big change in the way taxis work and to watch the management team @ B&W take it on has been a pleasure.

There is no doubt they have some challenges ahead but the COO is an amazing man who is just the person to lead the tea I industry where it needs to be. He works hours that have to be seen to be believed. My only regret is I’m not able to still be there as part of the team.

A fantastic place to work and to watch them change the way things work has been great. I still stay in touch with many of the team.
Pros
A positive can-do attitude
Cons
There are still some drivers that are letting the team down but not many.
Black & White and Yellow Cab driving is legalised slavery
Slave for Black and White (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD28 March 2018
A civil war was fought in America to end slavery but slave trade mentality is still inherent in the human psyche ... for example if an industry can find a way to opress people for their own advantage certain industries will do it. The taxi industry is one ... Uber eats and Airtasker are others. Day shift working off a cab rank is about $8 an hour
Pros
Better than being homeless and sitting in the gutter but not much better
Cons
Industry model originally designed for the wealthy to feed off the efforts of the poor
its good company to work
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Qld8 March 2018
Its good company to work but some stage is not good like south side they don't have work . Now they loosing work in north side or city as well . They some work left in city hotels these days
very long hours of work
Taxi Driver (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 January 2018
early start at 4:00 am and finish at 4: pm (12 hour shift ) looking for jobs on your own because the call centre is feeding only the cars owned by the management
Pros
nothing free
great staff very friendly
Taxi Driver (Former Employee) –  Perth WA7 December 2017
Staff always happy to help. Very friendly. Having been self-employed I only interacted with them for business purposes such as cashing taxi vouchers as well as receiving jobs through the taxi onboard computer
Pros
very flexible
Cons
No cons
Rewarding company
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD22 November 2017
I worked for the company for nine years. I started as a Call Service Operator taking calls then to a Radio Operator and my final role was a Shift Supervisor. As a Shift Supervisor my role involved assisting the drivers, and managing the general running of the Call Centre. Talking to customers was always very satisfying for me, I most of the time shared a laugh with them especially their senior customers. It was a very rewarding role I had for many years. Due to changes over the years in the Cab industry, you were often challenged in a positive and rewarding way.

Due to my length of time with the company, the Management team changed through out the years . The chief Manager at present is a motivated manager with constant goals, he is also a very supportive Manager and great motivator to work for and with.

I enjoyed many years working with Black and White and grateful for the rewarding role I was appointed to as a Shift Supervisor.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Overtime was cut
Cab Driving
Taxi Driver (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 October 2017
Is a very hard way to try and make a living. The Queensland government ruined the industry by selling of a flood of taxi licences so they could get the revenue.
Pros
Able to choose your own hours.
Cons
Have to work very long hours to make a living.
Owner Operator
Customer Service Operator/Owner (Former Employee) –  Beenleigh QLD25 August 2017
I owned the fruitshop. Did the buying,setting up and selling. It was hard work 7 days a week and was situated next to woolworths so difficult to compete. It was difficult to make ends meet.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Competing against large supermarkets
productive and fun loving
Taxi Driver (Former Employee) –  Perth WA23 May 2017
working long hours, money is not good enough, not any sort of benefits, on the other hand it was great expierence working with disable people and got to know about their life
Pros
learnt working with wheelchair customer
Cons
long hours less salary
Long hours for little reward made harder by Uber
Driver (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 April 2017
Although I have loved doing this job for the last 10+ years it has gotten to the stage where it it getting too hard to make a living with Uber impacting my income by approx 40% so it's time to find another job.
Pros
You are your own boss
Cons
Long hours for little reward
Long hours but a good supportive bunch of co-drivers and job security.
Taxi Driver (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD4 February 2017
Early out of bed 2am - start at 3am... I enjoyed meeting and learning from the many different cultures I travelled with. Taxi drivers know what the public feel about any topic you like to name.. politicians could learn from the drivers knowledge.
Pros
Cons
Many
Busy Call Centre focused on delivering the Best Possible Customer Service
Shift Supervisor, Shift Monitor (Current Employee) –  11 Dryandra Rd, Eagle Farm, 40093 November 2016
Busy call centre with a lot of specialised areas overseen by the Shift Supervisor. Continuous monitoring of calls holding to ensure we can answer the calls in a timely fashion. Supervision of jobs dispatching to drivers is also critical to ensure passengers are picked up in a timely fashion.
Black and white
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD28 June 2016
12 hour shift meeting people friendly conversation wash and clean taxi passenger transportation and baggage handeling
Pros
in air con
Cons
long day not much money
Friendly work environment
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane8 October 2015
* Arrive 20 mins prior to start time
* Make Coffee and Log in
* do first quarter of work day
* have 1st break
* continue pattern until all finished
* fill in all paperwork

The most enjoyable part would be knowing I have done my job well and above expectations and assisted co-workers along the way.
Pros
Variety
Cons
no outside area for non smokers
Childish place to work
Maxi Taxi Driver (Current Employee) –  Toowoomba17 September 2015
As with anywhere, there are people that are not suited to your personality, but Black and White Cabs takes it to a whole new low, if a driver doesn't like you they will start vicious rumours about you and anyone else they don't like, this has caused a lot of dramas for different drivers.

If you keep to yourself and don't associate with any other driver, it is not a bad place to work, I love the job but hate the people I work with.

I would not recommend anyone take up cab driving as a career as the pay is not guaranteed.
Pros
you can go anywhere you like.
Cons
long hours/little pay
fun and prodective
taxi driver (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba, QLD20 January 2015
I started work in back and white while I was studying at the university
I started one day a week ,the work was fun for one year
the job was a chance to get to know people and know more about the area
as I was working with black and white Toowoomba they use to manage the work and I was happy dealing with the company
the hardest part of the job when I was taking drunk people and we are on the middle of the road asking me to stop they want to vomit and I can not stop so they do it in the cab
the most enjoyable part is when I get a long distance job to the airport or Brisbane where I get good money for that
also when I use to drive the maxi it was a lot of fun spicily on Friday and Saturday nights as I use to work at night most of the time I use to get big tips from the customers .
Pros
any time i can go home, doing my own business
Cons
get the taxi on quite days
freedom
Taxi Driver (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba, QLD6 January 2015
The good aspects of this job are you get to be your own boss, work when you want, as hard as you want, take breaks when you want and go where you want. You get to meet everyone in town which can be a lot of fun. Conversely it is very seasonal. Sometimes you have to work extremely hard to make hardly any money. I've done many 12 hour days and come home with less than $100 which can be very disheartening.
Pros
freedom