Black Pepper Employee Reviews

talking and seeing customers happy when in a new outfit.
Ladies clothing (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 October 2018
black pepper as a company gave and encouraged you to use your skills and to move forward with what was happening with in season's trend, and i enjoyed to support adding to their charity.
Pros
self satisfaction in a job well done.
Cons
being left to learn new proceedures.
Not a nice place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 August 2018
Look out if you have an opinion. The present management want people that will never question any command given. For example,
Managers are expected to do 10 hours per week without pay or time in lieu. Run Morning Tea events for customers using OUR own resources for example. No support from Upper Management and if they don't like you they make up stories to push you out. Work place culture DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO. The hardest part of the job is understanding management and what they want. The customers were the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Cons
Salary very low
If the Top Management don't like you, they make up stories and scenerios to push you out.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 July 2018
The culture at Black Pepper is one of Nepotism.They like to employ YES people and if you have a different opinion they find ways to get you out. HR and Upper Management are good at Gas lighting. Communication is non existent from Head office Upper Management to Area Managers. Not a very nice company to work for. The pay is pathetic and they expect you to do a lot for nothing.The directives from Management is confusing and inconsistant.
Pros
The customers.
Cons
The pay scale
The company is a friendly place to work for
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wagga Wagga NSW8 January 2017
I work with a great bunch of people. Been taught all aspects of retail and the managers job. The customers are lovely and always happy that we were able to help them with what they want
Good workplace
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Tea Tree Plaza SA27 December 2016
Good workplace.
Customers were older and enjoyed the spoiling we gave them.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the customers.
Management was helpful.
Learnt about the different brands and fabrics used in clothing.
Pros
Enjoyable workplace
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun work place
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hervey Bay QLD25 July 2016
Helping Customers with excellent service, cleaning and keeping the shop tidy. The hardest part is sometimes it is very quiet and the mosst enjoyable part is the customers. They can be lovely
Pros
Good discount on clothes
Cons
Quiet at times
Productive and safe enviroment
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD22 May 2016
This company is a fun and safe working environment that i enjoy being employed at.

The team i work with are lovely and easy to work with.
Pros
Enjoyable enviroment
Cons
not enough hours
Not rewarding of hard workers
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Moonee Ponds VIC3 March 2016
I have worked for this company for nearly 3 years and for most have found it has a good roster for Managers to have a work, life balance but I feel they fail when it comes to encouragement of staff. There are no rewards for exceeding budgets or in house value. For this I think it lets it staff down as they do not feel valued and there for loose interest.
Pros
Weekends at home
Cons
Not appreciative to any Managers.
Relaxed retail environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warriewood Shopping Square, NSW17 November 2015
Typical day included; opening the store, counting the float, setting up the displays.
Greeting customers and assisting with choice of garments, fabrics and styles.
Ordering stock from the warehouse.
When promotions were on, telling customers of the specials
Entering customer details for the database VIP cards.
Writing up banking or stock for returns.
Vacuuming and keeping the shop clean and tidy.
General ad hoc duties.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having happy regular customers and a good rapport.
The hardest part of the job was the irregular shifts and short notice work.
My co-workers were lovely and the management were fine.
Pros
Discount on clothing and merchandise
Cons
Lack of communication about changes in work availability
Great customers and company culture
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hornsby NSW14 June 2015
A typical day at Black Pepper is serving our lovely mature customers with our lovely clothes. Some customers are happy to browse whilst others seek my help outfitting them. I merchandise stock around the store. I take the initiative to change the "stories" around to refresh the racks creating more attention. I help the manager where needed. Once the customer is happy I process the sale using cash or EFTPOS for each purchase. I give the customer my personal attention throughout their visit. I don't need to be micromanaged as I take the initiative.

I have learnt when a customer is only too happy to browze and when a customer needs my help. I have learnt how to merchandise our stock to company standards, dress the mannequins and work independently. I am aware of company standards meeting my KPI's throughout my shift. I acted as manager for a period of three months. This entailed managing two staff members, rostering, merchandising and training staff, reports and liaising with my area manager. I have learnt a new computer system, transfers and receiving stock processes, company policies and procedures.

The management at Black Pepper are fantastic. Managers are always very positive and helpful. I regularly received positive feedback from the manager and area manager regarding my performance. It is a very happy and positive working environment.

I work well with my manager and co-workers to achieve good results. We all work as part of a team.

The hardest part of the job would be being disappointed if our store does not make budget for the week. I will work
  more... hard to exceed our store's KPI's to put our store back on track.

The most enjoyable part of my job are the customers. I love helping the ladies with their clothes and enjoy their excitement that they have with their purchase. Many of my customers that come in enjoy having a chat.
Pros
Great discount on clothes
Cons
Not getting enough hours