Blacktown City Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Blacktown City Council Employee Reviews

4.3
Work–Life Balance

productive fun workplace

blacktown city council was a great place for me to gain work experience in the plumbing industry, i was well taught and was able to practice and be shown how to properly do things

Child care worker

I worked with children so every day was different. Interacted with children, did nappy changes, fed the children, programming and planning activities for children to engage in play and extend their knowledge.

Good

Good place to work. The pay conditions are one of the best in local government areas. The staff and facilities are good. Transport is close at Rooty Hill depot. And a 10 minute walk if situated at Riverstone depot.

Great experience

Working with BBC's trade's team was the best experience possible especially for a single young man without any dependants,hard week's work well worth it to relax at mums on the weekends, unfortunately I got tonsillitis and had to take time off during 6month trial,and never made it full-time.nextime 🤞

Pit Cleaning

I start the day cleaning pits in my allocated area,s . We do what we call partitions. We go from street to street and clean the pits in those streets to make sure they are clean

Pros

n/a

Cons

n/a

it was a different place a long time ago

different management made the place a dog eat dog atmosphere. it used to feel like family. it all turned sour when they implements the new computer system and the new GM

Pros

leave entitlements

Cons

people

Working for Blacktown Council is great

I have enjoyed my last 13 years at Blacktown Council. i have learnt a lot and feel that i have gained experience and had been given a lot of opportunities to develop my career

Fun Volunteering

It was fun volunteering for Blacktown City Council. The tutors were friendly and so were the staff. Staff is always supportive and would help to answer your query anytime and will not put you aside.

Friendly

Good learning opportunity with excellent supervision and flexible working environment. Friendly workmates with supportive attitudes for sharing knowledge.Good place for starting and continuing career.

fun workplace

I learned to deal with people. i didnt find any hard things until now. the working environment is really good and people are very friendly and helpful.

Jobs at Blacktown City Council

See more jobs

Good place to work.

Jobs varied over the years from caring for children to running the centre. I learned all aspects of early childhood and education as well as workplace health and safety, administration and communications. The management varies depending on who is in. Generally as a policy driven company responses can be predicted. The hardest part of the job is completing the 'same' paperwork several times for different departments. The most enjoyable part of the job was ongoing learning and self improvement opportunities.

Pros

No limit to opportunities.

Cons

Paperwork.

Busy

Very busy, yet great work place and nice people to work with. I enjoy the experience I get here, and I think that the work is quite good for my career ambitions.

Pros

Snacks

Cons

They do the best to ensure safety for all people in the area

They do the best to ensure safety for all people in the area and ensure all workers are treated fairly and get the same pay as everyone else no matter what their race is.

Bureaucratic but trying to do better

Culture clash between old school staff, many who have been there since teens and staff from commercial cultures. Lack of attention to proper procedures and too much corner cutting.

Pros

very good award with flex and overtime

Cons

bureaurcratic resistance to corporate "can do" not helped by a crash or crash through CEO

Very good centre

working with blacktown city council was good the owners were very helpful. if I ever had a problem they would help me out as much as possible. they would give me enough notice for shifts

Glenwood High School Library

Putting books a way using the decimal systems. Tiding the book shelves. Scanning the book barcodes. Dusting the book shelves. Packing the books into boxes for stocktake. They are good too.

Cons

8am-3pm

Experience filled job opportunity

As an admin assistance I was at a desk all day which wasn't my type of career at this point in my life. As I was covering the position for someone on long service leave it was easy to complete the two months without too much stress. I was thankful for the opportunity and experience which helped me clarify what I was seeking regarding employment and a career.

Pros

Approachable Manager

Cons

Brain numbing work

Great experience.

It was an unpaid program that I entered as Youth Ambassador. I loved the culture that I was introduced to and learned a lot about the role of the Local Government and its function across multiple situations.

Pros

Everything.

Cons

Nothing.

Healthy work environment with above average wage.

Blacktown city council Sydney Australia is one of the biggest council's in NSW Australia. The call center environment is unlike any other of its kind.

Pros

High wages

Cons

not flexible hours

Great Employment benefits

A typical day at work is busy and an 8 hours work allocated is not enough. I have learned so much at work including; how to deal with difficult customer, marketing strategy, time management and etc. Most of co-workers are team player, senior staff refuse to play their role during busy time. Hardest part of my job is the long hours work and not enough staff provided by the management so I have to carry on and do and responsibilities to deliver on what is expected from me. The most enjoyable part of my job is everything. I love events and like to be challenge.

Pros

good salary, flexible working hours

Cons

not enough staff to give assistace within our units

Fun, Friendly and enjoyable.

Supportive staff and a fun working environment. Working outdoors in nature and helping maintain native plants. Learn new things everyday, staff always happy to share their knowledge. A wide variety of work not the same thing everyday.

Pros

working outdoors, seeing the results/impact of your work alomst imediantly.

Cons

Some early starts, weather can have a big impact on the job e.g. heat, rain, cold.