Blizzard Entertainment Employee Reviews

Highly Recommend, but very Situational
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA8 July 2019
Within Blizzard, there are many different groups and sub-groups. Many of them hold very different dynamics, but overall, Blizzard is a great place to work.
Blizzard Entertainment was incredible, highly recommend.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA8 June 2019
Incredible people, incredible executive staff and overall amazing place. It has so many amenities and privileges. No where else has a so many Corgis in one place!
Great people. Tough work load.
Event Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA14 May 2019
Very meeting heavy and poor work/life balance. People are amazing to work with and the culture is enjoyable. Lots of perks provided but tough to take advantage when you work all the time.
A Fine Place for Ambitious People
Senior User Experience Designer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA21 April 2019
Blizzard is a fine place for outstanding people. The atmosphere is "implicitly competitive" -- relaxed and welcoming, but hunger for praise is rewarded.

Blizzard is the most supportive and stable environments in the video game industry.

Some disciplines are under-represented at a team level. Support for cultural diversity is strong.
Pros
Growth Encouraged, Nerd Culture, Diversity, Casual Workplace
Cons
Stress, Transparency, Strategy
Great all around working environment
QA TEST ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA18 April 2019
Worked there for a limited period in my life and left due to school. But truly amazing hard working individuals and I am glad to have said that I was apart of this team at one point.
Pros
Very little "CRUNCH" time when it came to game releases
Cons
Worked on a project for months and had it eventually scrapped
What other gaming companies should strive to be
PURCHASING ASSET COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA11 April 2019
Typical day consisted of answering numerous emails and tickets, and going in and out of meetings.

I improved upon myriad work skills, from Microsoft Office suite products, to time management. I learned a great deal about hardware and software, asset management, contract negotiation, software compliance and more.

My managers were all wonderful, and I would love to work for any of them again.

The culture is unique in how much passion everyone held for the products that were released.

The hardest part of the job was managing last minute "fire drill" type requests. The most enjoyable part was working with a company I have admired since I was a kid.
Blizzard
Designer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA11 April 2019
Blizzard is a great place to work. Fun projects, great people, great benefits in Irvine, CA. The hard work pays off when you see the worlds you have created and the audiences you entertained.
Pros
Great Benefits, great projects
Cons
Little work/life balance
Not the best time to ask
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA4 April 2019
Was part of the "Blizzard 800" group that was laid off in Feb 2019. Did not expect to be let go. Many folks who were laid off had been there for many years and were dedicated and talented.
Blizzard is a great company to work for
Manager, Project Management, Planning and Support (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX4 April 2019
Working in Blizzard CS has been a pleasure. The company believes in its core values and uses those to drive everything that it does. Within CS we have driven ourselves to be the best in our industry and in Customer Service in general. We may sometimes make the wrong decisions but we learn from our mistakes and move forward. We accept that mistakes will be made and we encourage everyone to learn from them. That is why Blizzard has moved the needle on what is expected from a game companies CS.
Blizzard forever set the bar for Company Culture
Tier 2 Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA11 March 2019
Never before have I worked at such a fun company who truly embraced and embodied their core values, as posted on their website.

Even though I was working in a call center taking support calls, we were still a part of the company and got a lot of the perks. If it weren't for the low paycheck, people would stay forever, and many had been there for many years even when I got there.

If you ever get the chance to apply for Blizzard, I highly recommend it, despite recent struggles and the second, recent round of layoffs. It is full of incredible people and geeks and nerds from all walks of life. They take care of their employees, and while the opportunity for advancement is very challenging (because everyone STAYS there!), it is absolutely worth the experience.
Pros
Being a part of such a cool gaming company that lives and breathes its amazing culture
Cons
The support staff were paid a low hourly wage
Customer Service Representative at major Video Game Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX11 March 2019
Work 4 hours taking tickets. Have an hour long lunch. Then another 4 hours of tickets. Co-workers are fun and enjoyable to talk to. The company pays low but expects high quality. The incentive is that there's a certain prestige for working for Blizzard.
Pros
Working for a Video Company
Cons
Micro-management, constant change in expectations, no room for advancement
Hello
Global Training Ambassador / Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA27 February 2019
I'm just typing this here to get past the required number of characters so that I can continue with what I was working on. 150 characters is more than I thought.
good enough.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX30 January 2019
Looking for a 13 dollar an hour job in Austin working customer service? Laid back place to work, metrics are EASY to reach if you're not an idiot. No drug test, no hassles. Show up, do your job, and enjoy all the perks of working with Blizzard.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX28 January 2019
Blizzard is heavy on gaming culture. The place feels more like college than an actual job. This leads to people staying around longer than most companies, which ends up bottle-necking advancement.

I'm just trying to skip these reviews
Lead Animator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA22 January 2019
I'm not a writer, so I am not up for writing all of these reviews for public scrutiny (I should've misspelled that one, huh? Just to see if anyone caught it).
Foundation is cracking - used to be amazing
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA18 January 2019
Blizzard was a dream company to work for a few years ago. Since then, there has been a great deal of change. It is still a great company, but there is a very high risk that this will slowly decline over the next few years with recent movement. That being said, there is also a chance it will bounce back better than ever with fresh perspective and new blood. If you're open to the risk, stop on by - you might love it! If you are looking for steady security, wait a bit before considering Blizzard.
Pros
Great benefits, gorgeous campus with amenities, employees are excellent humans and professionals
Cons
See above
Working for a legendary game studio
Customer Service Champion (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX15 January 2019
Within my 9 years of service, Blizzard Customer Support has grown into a well-organized, intelligently-run department. In my role, I was given a lot of opportunities to make a difference in the organization. It wasn't always easy, but my teammates made it much more bearable.

I left the company happy and in a position to pursue other options safely. Given the right set of circumstances, would absolutely rejoin the Blizzard family.
Pros
It's a great company and culture to work in. The people I worked with were great.
Cons
At least in Customer Support, the hours can be rough on personal life, since the need for our presence covers all hours
Supervisor Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Cork1 January 2019
Blizzard is an amazing place to work, particularly as a Gamer loving Blizzard's products.

The people in Blizzard are kind and smart, there is a lot of passion due to most of the employees being gamers themselves
Pros
Overall great, all aspects of the job or the compensations
Cons
Limited career opportunities for the Cork Office (mostly Customer Support)
Fun and Amazing company
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX31 December 2018
People are great, laid back culture, everyone can grow and learn new things. It's a fun workplace environment with endless opportunities to connect and develop meaningful relationships.
Blizzard Entertainment is an awesome place to work
Director of Security (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA14 December 2018
I have been working with Blizzard Entertainment for a while now and they take very good care of their employees, vendors, and guests that come to the sites. They have great incentive plans and all employees enjoy working for the company.
Pros
bring dog to work, wear whatever clothing I want to wear
Cons
Nothing that I have found so far.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blizzard Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.