Bloomberg Employee Reviews

Best place for freshers
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra20 May 2019
I started my professional life from this company, it's has been great , every day learned so many new things , from accounting to investments in markets and also About insurance.
Good place to work for steady pay. Not a ton of upside
Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NY18 May 2019
Bloomberg has great work/life balance and generous benefits. The downside is that the ability to ever make in the high six figures is extremely limited compared to Banks and Hedge Funds. Alot of folks, especially younger folks, get their training at Bloomberg and then leave for more challenging and lucrative roles.
Great place to network and build relationships; amazing benefits and work flexibility. Terrible management and lack of employee training; job advanc
Information Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NY15 May 2019
Great place to network and build relationships; amazing benefits and work flexibility. Terrible management and lack of employee training. Job advancement is not based on quality of work, dedication, and time put in. But rather you being in the right circles and above metric target. It’s all about numbers!!! BloomBorg...you are expected to be a robot.
Pros
Pretty fish tanks, free food, latest fashion tips and work flexibility
Cons
Poor management, lack of growth; hire under qualified outside personnel before promoting within, Metrics, your a robot
I just loved my JOB as a Data Center Hardware Engineer!
Data Center Technical Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, NJ13 May 2019
I was working at Bloomberg LP as a Data Center Technical Operations Engineer. The exposure there was huge, I was responsible for all Data Center Operations such as Administration/Troubleshooting multi-vendor severs and networking devices on both hardware and OS level.

Its an Amazing Place to work at and i had a great time working in team .Wish to work again if given an Opportunity.
Pros
Free food, lot of exposure and Experience
Cons
Lack of training new employees . Wont hire people based on hard-work and Talent
Good company with Bad and Inexperienced managers.
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJ28 April 2019
Bloomberg is a good company but your career will not advance much as it has very inexperienced managers. Usually the interns get hired and mostly they became managers. Since they haven't seen or worked in other companies, they have very limited views. This is a major problem at Bloomberg.
Pros
Free Lunch, work life balance
Cons
Inexperienced managers, Less opportunities to grow
Young Kids...Zero Leadership...No focus....Reactionary
Technical Project Manager / Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  New York, NY22 April 2019
Bloomberg is a fantastic place to work and grow, however you have to be willing to sacrifice to be successful. Social networking across the organization is the key cultural factor. If you market yourself constantly you gain favor and thrive, but if you put your nose to the grindstone and work hard you can be left behind.

Bloomberg hires a lot of kids with no real world experience. This is the downfall as senior level engineers are hard to find. So imagine coming up with solutions when you can barely tie your shoes. It creates waste and inefficiencies.

Some great things: There is always something to learn and constant training opportunities. Free snacks all day long, long work hours, flexible schedules, unlimited sick time, work from home. So many good things to talk about.

Some bad things: Lack of experience outside Bloomberg for many of the workers there. Lack of direction, lack of vision. The terminal looks and operates like a 40 year old software program and without the extreme integration of all their tools they would not be a market leader. As soon as someone comes along with a highly integrated suite of applications that was not build in the stone age they will lose market share and collapse. I have been there for a number of years and I regretted taking the job within the first 3 months.
Pros
Free Food, Flexible Work hours, Unlimited Sick Days, Training
Cons
Terrible culture.
Great employer to start your carrer
Starting as an Analyst (Current Employee) –  London21 April 2019
Bloomberg is a very fast pace learning mentality company, where one could easily spend his lifetime working in various department.
Great supportive culture but not much life work balance, at least in revenue driven departments.
Good medical
Salary average
Good company to start your career with
Market Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NY19 April 2019
Overall Bloomberg is a great place to work and I enjoyed my time there. The culture is very friendly and it's very easy to make friends among your coworkers. Only negative I had was the management for the specific team i worked with
Good job overall.
I'd rather not say! (Former Employee) –  London16 April 2019
A good job to have, but they don't offer permanent contracts, unfortunately... so you're in a constant renewal process.

Management is ok.

Location clean and welcoming!
Pros
Free lunches, fruits, drinks.
Cons
Schedule starts way too early.
Discrimination and Lame Work Culture
Sr ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NY11 April 2019
This review is for 120 Park Ave
I worked as a contractor over here for 4 months.
I was very disappointed with Bloomberg work culture.
Bloomberg needs a massive change in their work culture to create a fun work environment.
No fun at work.
Day one i was asked not to talk in my native language to my friends (Against the law). Was asked to talk in English at workplace.
No work from home allowed for consultants, whether it is a bad weather, sick and have doctor’s appointments. (Discrimination between employees and consultants)
Not social.
People are stressed, but because of the $$ they stick here.
My Advice is to create a fun environment where people will love to come to work, so that we do not think about Friday on Monday morning.
If you are a social person, trust me this is not the place for you to work. You will end up getting depressed and started having mental problems, affecting your well being. Just what happened to me.
In the end i took my decision.
Snacks and soup were good. Good luck
Pros
Free Snacks
Cons
Very bad work culture, no fun at work, no social, you cannot keep your personal goals going, lame work culture, no work from home for consultants(no matter what)
Decent Culture, Mess Corporate Structure, Limited upward mobility
Financial Data Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ11 April 2019
Externally recruited to fill a contract role in the Global Data center in Skillman. While I did enjoy the people I met here, the corporate hierarchy here is a mess and it all begins with HR. If you are trying to secure a FT position, taking on a temp role there will do little to nothing to boost your standing.

The culture was a bit slow for my liking. There is little sense of urgency and the stakes are very low in some departments. While this may be appealing at some point down the road, I found this to be a mundane atmosphere after a few months.
Pros
Free meals, secure campus
Cons
muddled hierarchy, lack of urgency, disjointed communication, disorganized HR dept.
Interesting work and gives you a good feel for news and politics on a daily basis.
Production Technician, studio technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC3 April 2019
Good place to use your work skills in the television and video production field. It is also a good place to learn new skills and techniques and learn new equipment.
The overall company is great, but experience was bad
Associate Equity Research Analyst, REITs (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJ29 March 2019
I have peers that love their time at Bloomberg, but I was not lucky enough to join a team like that. I work 11-14 hours a day and am unable to have a life outside of work. The culture in many departments is good, but my experience was very bad. I would still recommend the company to anyone, but I would warn people about my department.
Junior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Skillman, NJ27 March 2019
Not very interesting place to work and a lot of dysfunction and lack of management. New employees given very little instruction. Only good thing was the free cafeteria food and snacks.
Solid office work.
Financial Document Translator (Former Employee) –  Skillman, NJ27 March 2019
Worked as a temp through an agency for the company. Flexible work schedules, leave work at the office. Terminals are efficient and the company is open-floor plan.

Financial Analysis requires document indexing and translation. Leadership was not as clear in regard to what they were supposed to have workers do, and language barriers can create frustrating interactions.
Pros
Free Lunch and snacks.
Cons
Unclear goals, unlikely temp-to-hire.
Tech-Ops - Consultant (Former Employee) –  120 Park Avenue, New York26 March 2019
Bloomberg is a great place to work as consultant but better as employee if you want their medical and year end bonus which
is above the industry average.
Pros
No micro management
Cons
No WFH for consultants
phenomenal work sites
Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  120 Park Avenue18 March 2019
have been trying to progress for awhile now, lack of opportunities is stressful, am now in the middle of management turnover, now have a chance at a new start with new management.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
lack of career development
Very distinctive culture
Managing Editor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA13 March 2019
At Bloomberg, employees word hard in a fairly rigid culture. Management is generally good, if constantly changing. Colleagues are knowledgeable and mostly collaborative. Collaboration is a highlight here -- a highly changeable culture is the most challenging aspect.
Fun Work palace
Team Member - Asset Management (Former Employee) –  Bengaluru9 March 2019
Learnt alot new things, good for starting my career here, the most enjoyable part is i got to learn about stock market, the hardest part of the job for me was doing night shifts.
Productive and Good Wrokplace Culture
Administrator Support (Former Employee) –  Capital Square5 March 2019
Never felt like i was going to work as i enjoyed everyday of my service. The officers and colleagues were like a big family with no airs and politics.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bloomberg. Our community is ready to answer.