Blue Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Blue Care Employee Reviews

Australia155 reviews
Love meeting new people and hearing about the past
Firstly I do like working for Bluecare, however, the hours are all over the place and no time to fit anything in such as doctors appointments etc, by the time you get home and do what you gotta do cook, homework etc its time for bed. There is far too much cleaning, it can be stacked with 90-minute cleaning jobs all day, which are not necessary, whoever is saying that these houses need that long obviously have not cleaned a day in their life and are only thinking of $$$$$. Your feet at the end of the day are just aching along with your back feeling the joys of cleaning constantly.
My teamleader is amazing though and so are the staff even though the pc's have been segregated from the rest of the staff because of the covid 19 bs saga. The pay is not the best, but there is salary packaging so that's a plus. Bluecare is very flexible when it comes to your scheduling but I am starting to feel more like a personal cleaner than a carer.
Not a bad place to work
It wasn't a bad place to work. Friendly people, not bad work culture. WAs fast paced and could be hectic at times to complete the work required of you.
Great team to work with, poor management.
Rate of pay is competitive for the industry. if you're happy to be a "yes" man, you will do great, if you believe in standing up for yourself, your rights and your residents, you will be disappointed.
Good Company to work for
Good support, Good communication & easy to talk w management .
Always has a continuous education that's really helpful.

If you have a problem you can always talk to the manager. They will there when you need it
The clients were amazing
I enjoyed working with the clients very much but other then my time with them, there was not much else positive. There was poor to no communication between the different departments and upper management. And when this caused a problem it was normally the carers that the blame fell on. Scheduling can be a nightmare, always changing your start and finish time even half way through your shift, and overlapping client visits leaving carers to sort it out. Team leaders seem to have their inner circle and not much time for carers outside that group, some of them often rude and abrupt when you phone in for advise or to report an issue.There was no work home life balance.
Long hours, short lunch breaks if any, the hardest part of my job is trying to fit everything into the time allotted. I enjoy the laundry and cleaning, not so stressful
Pros
Free bread, jam and butter
Cons
Very challenging work and environment but you learn a lot.
It's been a good experience to have a job that involves kindness in humanity. You get to learn a lot about people, places, culture and experiences in life.
enjoyable community work
great company to work for, great staff, good management, friendly working environment , busy fast paced working day plenty to keep you working, meeting new people.
Great Company
Blue Care are an amazing company to work for. I have been with them for nearly three years now and have advanced within the company easily with ongoing training and support.
Would highly recommend them.
Stressful place to work
When I first started with the company it was great and I enjoyed the job for many years, however, with the integration of the nursing home and community, new managers were employed. These managers are making staff feel bullied and harassed all the time.
Busy
Busy with good peers, easy to learn systems and procedures, good wholesome feeling when you help customers, some leadership problems that need to be addressed
Terrible management
Blue-care is just a money making company with no genuine care factor for the elderly. I discovered that telemarketer companies cold call clients enticing them to government funded (free) services. They have to qualify for the funding prior to being approved. Then domestic p.c's are sent to them providing rip off services. Management is poor, unfair to clients and workers.
Poorly Run and managed
Be very careful and always watch your back. Management is very poor, clients are great and other staff are good, as you need that, because you have to watch yourself otherwise.
Rewarding and stimulating
I normally started at 7.00am with a list of clients on my phone to visit which included many different duties. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the clients in their own homes. At times the hardest part of the job was to fit in my duties in the time that was allocated to me per client. I noticed that the culture in the workplace was hard at times and some staff were bullied.
Nice work enviornmnet
Was a typical workplace. team atmosphere , welcomed by most staff. enjoyable and sad . No two days are the same. Nurses and staff are knowledgeable and willing to help. Training is involved on company computers available on site to keep your skills tuned .
Encouraging and supportive Management
I did not have experience but i had the desire to work in home care and I was given the opportunity with training and encouraging/supportive staff and management
Was there 10+ years
Was fun to work there at first but ended up being very stressful. There was little support for the staff. I loved working with the elderly. There was always different stories from the residents.
Good place to work with nice care and respect for the elderly residing there.
I had a good time there gaining personal carer hands on experience, while understanding and experiencing the indigenous culture as well. The care given was extremely professional and the slightest issue was addressed in a short time. The staff gets updated on the residents in the handover, and the changes are updated in their system as well.
A typical day working as a personal care worker with Bluecare.
A typical day started out usually between 7am and 9am I would receive a roster on a BLUECARE provided mobile phone the afternoon or early evening prior to the next day’s work, roster included person or clients name address and description of care needs to be provided. After a few months I would start to receive more permanent clients which I had built a rapport with. I enjoyed working with persons in need of care it was mostly received by these people with great appreciation which made work satisfying and feeling like I made a difference in those lives .
Great long established company
The people you work with across bluecare are great, the work although challenging is very rewarding at the end of the day , love seeing new clients and getting to no new people.
Cleaner not a carer
Only the chosen few seem to get the balanced jobs as in Respite, shopping, appointments the rest get almost full on cleaning and I mean hugh homes and all day or you shower all day. They should share jobs around as some get 4 and 6 hour respite and shopping and become attached to there client and the client to them. Don't bother complaining because it is all up to the scheduler, they are in charge. Unfortunately Blue Care has changed over the last few years from dream job to nightmare. No public holidays off unless you apply for leave. Pay is basic. Scheduling is all over the place.