Blue Care Employee Reviews

Revolving door policy to staff leaving and recruitment
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD1 February 2019
Clients/Residents great. Management from Ann Street, to GM to Service Manager out of their depth and do not care. If you go to work for them expect the worst and you will not be disappointed
Pros
Salary Sacrificing
Cons
Lack of respect and care for staff from higher up
employment
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Current Employee) –  Labrador QLD31 January 2019
I started work at Labrador gardens 4 months ago and i love it,everyone is so helpful ,management are very easy to ask for help
also plenty of gloves etc for your day to take care of you residents ,nd staff that really care about their work and residents
Think im really lucky to be given a chance to work there...Thank you so much !!!!!
not good
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gympie QLD27 January 2019
no reliable for work or security
wouldnt work for them again
communication un reliable

lots of cleaning to be done
lots of driving especially in your own car

most enjoyable is the clients you meet
Great Company
HOME AND COMMUNITY SUPPORT CARE WORKER (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD19 December 2018
Great company to work with/for, just lacks support and the care factor.
Great training but can never hard to get in touch with management.
Give you all the tools you need to do the job.
Response times are messed about for attending to client's
Pros
Meeting clients everyday
Cons
Lacks management support
A very well set up company
Personal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 December 2018
A very well set up company that looks after its workers well. The level of care to the residents is of a high standard. A typical day at work involves providing cares, assisting with meals and keeping documentation of care provided up to date. I have learned more than just basic care, I have learned how to identify pain in residents with dementia, how to resolve it and how to report. Management is very open with its workers and encourages dialogue. The workplace culture is very welcoming. The hardest part of the job is when a resident passes away. The company does offer to counsel staff members if a resident passes away suddenly in care. There is nothing as satisfying as seeing the smiles on the residents' faces when they say thank you for looking after them.
Pros
Better pay rates, Better staffing ratios
Cons
It takes a long time secure a permanent job
good staff
Hospitality Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 December 2018
enjoyable a typical work. very helpful staff. doing some educational training. learning and improvements my tasks. the clients are good. work as a team.
Ongoing changes have improved work loads and reduced paper work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stanthorpe QLD1 December 2018
New changes have improved client interactions and reduced in-home assessments.
Great team and working environment with good communications from all.
Ongoing training
Pros
Great support systems
Cons
Long hours at times
Good work, pay could be better
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 November 2018
This is a great job for people who are passionate about helping and caring for the elderly. Its a tough job with not the best pay but you can work your way up. If you didn't like a client you still had to do it, but staff are great and supportive.
Good working conditions
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Blue Care Wynnum23 November 2018
I would do the cleaning for clients in the community and the work culture was good. The hardest part of the job was the cleaning in the hot weather and the enjoyable part of the job was helping the clients.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
A lot of casual shifts
community based so we got to know our regular clients
Cleaner - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Beenleigh QLD9 November 2018
I loved my clientele, when working in the community, we learned alot about each other and I was grateful to provide them with my services whilst employed with the company, they looked forward to my visits either on a regular or fortnightly basis, I provided them with support and cleaned their house to take the load off them and which allowed them to stay comfortably in the home, I had a good repore with majority of my clients which I still on occasions pop into see them when I'm within the vicinity, they are surprised to see me but very pleased for the visit
Pros
lovely people, flexibility, the working enviornment changed hour or being community based, having cuppas with my clients
Cons
some grumpy clients not many, rate of pay was pretty ordinary, no company car
great
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Former Employee) –  Ipswich QLD26 September 2018
loved workig here, and providing support when needed, all staff are welcoming and so are the residents, would recommend working here its a big family.
leuk
Bejaardenverzorger/activiteitenbegeleider (Former Employee) –  Maleny QLD17 September 2018
verzorgende van bejaarden en activiteiten begeleiden,zoals spelletjes ,muziek en ontspannende entertainment
Pros
dankbaarheid clienten
Cons
hoge werkdruk
HR Processes unsatisfactory
Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD14 September 2018
I was accepted for position as Clinical Nurse and a proposed starting date. I was stood up twice 'citing paper work was not yet complete' then 2 weeks later company changes their contract offer and declined my position. ( Never in my career have been I neen treated in this manner). It is unacceptable BlueCare, and I will not be applying to this company in the future.
Cons
Poor Timeliness on Communication
Care Factor Zero
FINANCE OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD14 September 2018
Management couldn't care less. Don't know who you are or what you do after 12 months employment. The merger has destroyed the original purpose 'CARE'

Not BlueCare....it's now NoCare
Pros
Basic Income
Cons
No security....contract only
Lovely people
Endorsed Enrolled Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oxenford QLD28 August 2018
Great company with a great mission.

Generally has a good atmosphere to work in, where everyone hels each other .

Very professional and caring people to work with.
Pros
Good peopple
Cons
odd hours
Fantastic facilitators for student placement.
Occupational Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Cooroy QLD27 August 2018
I worked alongside the Occupational therapists and allied health team at blue care for four weeks during my third year block placement.

Bluecare ensured that I had multiple experiences to assist develop my understanding of OT including multiple home visits to clients. My supervisor ensured that we were able to meet our learning goals and provided us with multiple exposures to community occupational therapy.
I learnt the benefit of community exercise programs for older adults; including hydrotherapy and tai chi.
I was taught how to recommend equipment, apply for equipment grants, and discuss with nursing staff when to refer to OT regarding equipment safety. Multiple opportunities were made available to discuss equipment with providers and attend in-services.

Furthermore much focus was placed on pressure care and falls prevention as the majority of our caseload were on my aged care packages. Students were invited to join the allied health team at a regional conference addressing falls prevention.
Bullying was tolerated by management. Nothing was done even though management were aware of it.
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elanora Heights NSW5 August 2018
Management aware of bullying in the workplace by certain Carers and nurses but did nothing productive to stop it. Witnessed rough handling and bullying to residents of certain Carers.
Pros
Residents and most staff nice and friendly
Cons
Witnessed ongoing bullying of staff and residents
It is a full on company, with a lot to learn, if given a chance.
Administrative Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Caboolture QLD22 July 2018
My typical day at work, would to login to the procure apt so, we can reach the CRM.
The phone would be ringing as soon as you are there. We answer at least 70-100 calls and there are Three receptionists to answer these calls from clients, asking when the Nurse or Cleaners would be arriving.
We might have to book transport for certain clients.
We would have to make notes to send to the schedulers, rostering Crew, to let them know of a clients, cancellations or to place a hold on their schedules, as they might be on holidays or not home on that particular day.
Pros
The Day goes fast.
Cons
Very full on, hard to understand some clients accents.
Rewarding Job
Hospitality All Rounder/ Personal Carer (Current Employee) –  Mareeba QLD18 July 2018
I learned to care so much to people not related to me.
I love the people I work with and love to come to work everyday because of them. But the hardest part of the job is the other staff that bully instead of supporting each other.
Pros
lovely people
Cons
short hours
Depends on area
Assistant in Nursing (Former Employee) –  Brassal QLD11 May 2018
I worked for one in brassel in Ipswich and found the company uncaring to new staff when it came to bulling from older staff they lacked proper investigation and the good stafff that where caring for new staff were put under pressure to complete there tasks even with new staff beside them and where not praised countless times they were under staffed even though they keep employeing new casual which still left casual fighting for shifts
Pros
Cons
It was a wage