Blue Care Employee Reviews

Blue Care has become a very stressful place to work.
Personal Carer (Former Employee) –  Queensland13 April 2018
When I first started working for Blue Care as a Personal Carer, it was an absolutely amazing place to work. Then a couple of years ago, the company intregated. I loved my work, and I loved my clients. I always possessed, a strong work ethic, emboided in certain principles, that have guided my work behaviour, leading me to high quality work. My work ethics included, dependability, responsibilty, adaptability, honesty, and intregrity.
In the last 6 months, I have found this a very stressful place to work. Long hours, wrong scheduling travel times which always fell on deaf ears, when other actions were submitted.The carers, have now become Professional clock watchers.
I have also found, that I can no longer go on representing a company, Whose management, has No Respect, or Care factor, for its clients or staff.
Clients have now become $ signs, and the Carers are now Robots.
The Morale is very low. Carers are now Isolated completely from Management.
It saddens me that Blue Care has now lost its values for which they once were. Its all about the mighty dollar now.
Blue Care needs to realize, that without their hard working carers, and their clients, THEY WOULD NOT HAVE A BUSINESS!!!
Pros
Beautiful clients
Cons
Long Hours, no respect or care factor. No compassion, No Intregrity.
Productive and charismatic team members
Work Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD21 March 2018
Typical day was meeting new people and exploring their past as they would allow us to sit down and chat. I was to help maintain their living quarters. However, as I enjoy cleaning, I excelled in it and would have to find myself doing an activity to keep myself occupied.
Pros
free drinks, free company
Cons
boredom
enjoyed the other staff and residents
Personal Carer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 March 2018
No Management at all. Very hard work but very rewarding with the staff and residents. Not enough people working there, expect too much of us with no rewards. Didn't even have a staff xmas party.
Pros
no free food at all
Cons
very busy all the time
caring
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD30 January 2018
i only helped run the bingo twice a week while i recovered from a back injury. the people where nice and caring, and they seemed to generally like there jobs.
Pros
improving peoples lives
Cons
dont know
personal carer
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD18 January 2018
don't work for this company, top heavy management and don't care about their workers and only think about making a profit so their managers can have flash cars etc.
Enjoyable and forfilling job
Personal Carer (Current Employee) –  Crows Nest QLD12 January 2018
I enjoy the work I do and the people I meet and support ... even tho the work can be hard it is very rewarding to know that I have been able to assist older people or people with disabilities to continue to remain in their own homes
Pros
Helping so many People
Cons
Can be hard work
personal carer- assisting our aged care (Former Employee) –  Coomera QLD11 January 2018
All staff and managment were very helpful and caring,first day at work was alittle daunting but i felt at ease as my trainers were fantastic.Very caring environment and clients were a pleasure to look after.
No job security and not rewarding
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 January 2018
Have hated my time at blue care. Roster constantly changes (including on day) so can never plan or make appointments and being bullied my managers if say no to a change. Forced to take a pay cut and do extra responsibilities and told "be grateful for the learning experience". Always rushing when with clients with the 'pay by the minute' culture. Watching a client sit out in the garden drinking a cup of tea while you scub mould out of their shower with a toothbrush. Being bullied by clients into doing things you are not meant to be or they put a complaint in against you. I have worked in community and management and seen both sides. Be aware of what it is really like to work in aged care and in organisation such as blue care.
Pros
Salary packaging was great for take home pay
Cons
No job security, low wage
Enjoyable environment
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Tweed Heads NSW19 December 2017
I volunteered my time at Blue care for a two year period. I enjoyed being a friendly visitor and doing arts and crafts and getting a feel for the environment.
Pros
Loved it
independent working
Personal Carer-Permanent Part Time (Former Employee) –  Gympie QLD13 December 2017
I had a good time with Blue Care as I was working in the Community by myself.
The management is very supportive. Regular meetings and training is done on Saba, which I think is unpersonal and not effective as hands on training.
Great feeling of really helping the elderly.
Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Carramar WA4 December 2017
During my nursing placement in Blue Care, I have learned how to provides personal, physical and emotional support to older people who require assistance with daily living such as bathing, dressing, grooming, mobility and ambulation, feeding, and taking vital signs and BGL.

The most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of older people and talking with them, especially when there is an improvement in their health conditions.
Pros
The staffs work effectively as a team
Cons
Not all staffs provide Person-centred care.
Blue Care
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Caloundra QLD26 November 2017
Typical day was just folding clothes and packing them away.

Checking details for out going linen and clothes trolleys.

Making sure correct trolley goes to correct home for delivery.
Pros
Security
Cons
Boss not so nice
Plenty of work available.
Personal Care Worker and Allied health assistant (Current Employee) –  Community17 November 2017
Life work balance is your choice as you can have all work and no life or minimum work and more life .. the work is there if thats what you want. Lots of salary benefits with salary sacrifice etc. Good Luck.
Pros
Job security and salary benefits.
Cons
Can be long hours between 6am and 6pm.
Productive and hard working staff ,great feeling of really helping the elderly to enjoy there last years
Assistance in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Labrador QLD31 October 2017
Great place to work love it
After 20 years In the industry it’s time to find a new career, and lighter duties.
This way I still get to use my great customer service to help the public
Pros
Flexible hrs
Cons
Mentally draining and physically hard
Not very good managment
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Current Employee) –  Hervey Bay QLD5 October 2017
Once was a good company to work for. Not so much now. Very dissapointed with management. Bluecare use to be a compay that cared about there clients now its just about the money so sad.
Never work as a community nurse for blue care
Community Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 September 2017
I worked as a community nurse and would advise anyone not to consider working in this role for blue care. There was no support, and inadequate training. There was a toxic blame culture by the nurses the!selves due to very poor management. The staff knew very little about wound care and did not practice evidenced based care.
Pros
Cons
No ongoing training. Poor work practices.
Productive and fun work place to be apart of,lovely staff
Hospitality All Rounder (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD23 July 2017
Hey my name is isiah, I've just recently resigned with bluecare and now I'm out looking for another job. I'm very reliable, respectful and can work in a team. My expirence with bluecare has helped me much, I was and all rounder such as
Laundry
Kitchen hand
Personal carer
Cleaner
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Had to work up to 12 hours some days
No career prospects no extension to contract
Customer Service Rep ( Residential & MAC team) (Current Employee) –  Caboolture QLD23 July 2017
I have enjoyed my time at Blue Care, my contract has expired with no prospect of career progression or extension .Minimal training, No career progression. ,Lovely clients that I wish I could have helped more.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No Career prospects, Minimal training, KPI's are unachievable, lack of mangement support.
Walking on egg shells at labrador gardens
EEN (Former Employee) –  Labrador gardens8 July 2017
Blue care is going through unwelcomed changes, and unfortunatley these changes have created a uneasy environment to work. Staff feel bullied from management and team leaders. Blue care has become an unsafe place to work as they are using agency staff to fill shifts or just work short. I dont know how Blue care can get away with this. Blue care use to be a safe and welcoming place to work unfortunitley this i feel will never return.
Pros
Love the residents
Cons
No support from team leaders or management
Still some positives but more task orientated approach
Clinical Nurse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD2 July 2017
Like many non-government organisations, Blue Care has undergone immense change with the introduction of CDC. Unfortunately this change has created so much uncertainty for all staff, especially long term staff as Blue Care seeks to revamp its image. While we have always worked hard, going to work was an enjoyable experience for most, with a supportive team and management. This is now sadly lacking and working those extra hours, once done willingly has now become a chore. Flexibility to provide client care has decreased, with a task orientated model replacing a holistic care model of care.
My earlier years with Blue Care were some of the happiest of my working career, and I have to acknowledge the extent of the knowledge I have gained and the peer support I have experienced being part of this organisation
Pros
Very little after hours or weekend work
Cons
Long hours, after hours on call work