Blue Care Employee Reviews

community based so we got to know our regular clients
Cleaner - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Beenleigh QLD9 November 2018
I loved my clientele, when working in the community, we learned alot about each other and I was grateful to provide them with my services whilst employed with the company, they looked forward to my visits either on a regular or fortnightly basis, I provided them with support and cleaned their house to take the load off them and which allowed them to stay comfortably in the home, I had a good repore with majority of my clients which I still on occasions pop into see them when I'm within the vicinity, they are surprised to see me but very pleased for the visit
Pros
lovely people, flexibility, the working enviornment changed hour or being community based, having cuppas with my clients
Cons
some grumpy clients not many, rate of pay was pretty ordinary, no company car
HR Processes unsatisfactory
Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD14 September 2018
I was accepted for position as Clinical Nurse and a proposed starting date. I was stood up twice 'citing paper work was not yet complete' then 2 weeks later company changes their contract offer and declined my position. ( Never in my career have been I neen treated in this manner). It is unacceptable BlueCare, and I will not be applying to this company in the future.
Cons
Poor Timeliness on Communication
It is a full on company, with a lot to learn, if given a chance.
Administrative Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Caboolture QLD22 July 2018
My typical day at work, would to login to the procure apt so, we can reach the CRM.
The phone would be ringing as soon as you are there. We answer at least 70-100 calls and there are Three receptionists to answer these calls from clients, asking when the Nurse or Cleaners would be arriving.
We might have to book transport for certain clients.
We would have to make notes to send to the schedulers, rostering Crew, to let them know of a clients, cancellations or to place a hold on their schedules, as they might be on holidays or not home on that particular day.
Pros
The Day goes fast.
Cons
Very full on, hard to understand some clients accents.
Bullying was tolerated by management. Nothing was done even though management were aware of it.
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elanora Heights NSW5 August 2018
Management aware of bullying in the workplace by certain Carers and nurses but did nothing productive to stop it. Witnessed rough handling and bullying to residents of certain Carers.
Pros
Residents and most staff nice and friendly
Cons
Witnessed ongoing bullying of staff and residents
Good working conditions
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Blue Care Wynnum23 November 2018
I would do the cleaning for clients in the community and the work culture was good. The hardest part of the job was the cleaning in the hot weather and the enjoyable part of the job was helping the clients.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
A lot of casual shifts
Good work, pay could be better
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 November 2018
This is a great job for people who are passionate about helping and caring for the elderly. Its a tough job with not the best pay but you can work your way up. If you didn't like a client you still had to do it, but staff are great and supportive.
Rewarding Job
Hospitality All Rounder/ Personal Carer (Current Employee) –  Mareeba QLD18 July 2018
I learned to care so much to people not related to me.
I love the people I work with and love to come to work everyday because of them. But the hardest part of the job is the other staff that bully instead of supporting each other.
Pros
lovely people
Cons
short hours
Depends on area
Assistant in Nursing (Former Employee) –  Brassal QLD11 May 2018
I worked for one in brassel in Ipswich and found the company uncaring to new staff when it came to bulling from older staff they lacked proper investigation and the good stafff that where caring for new staff were put under pressure to complete there tasks even with new staff beside them and where not praised countless times they were under staffed even though they keep employeing new casual which still left casual fighting for shifts
Pros
Cons
It was a wage
Care Factor Zero
FINANCE OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD14 September 2018
Management couldn't care less. Don't know who you are or what you do after 12 months employment. The merger has destroyed the original purpose 'CARE'

Not BlueCare....it's now NoCare
Pros
Basic Income
Cons
No security....contract only
Lovely people
Endorsed Enrolled Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oxenford QLD28 August 2018
Great company with a great mission.

Generally has a good atmosphere to work in, where everyone hels each other .

Very professional and caring people to work with.
Pros
Good peopple
Cons
odd hours
good staff
Hospitality Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 December 2018
enjoyable a typical work. very helpful staff. doing some educational training. learning and improvements my tasks. the clients are good. work as a team.
Fantastic facilitators for student placement.
Occupational Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Cooroy QLD27 August 2018
I worked alongside the Occupational therapists and allied health team at blue care for four weeks during my third year block placement.

Bluecare ensured that I had multiple experiences to assist develop my understanding of OT including multiple home visits to clients. My supervisor ensured that we were able to meet our learning goals and provided us with multiple exposures to community occupational therapy.
I learnt the benefit of community exercise programs for older adults; including hydrotherapy and tai chi.
I was taught how to recommend equipment, apply for equipment grants, and discuss with nursing staff when to refer to OT regarding equipment safety. Multiple opportunities were made available to discuss equipment with providers and attend in-services.

Furthermore much focus was placed on pressure care and falls prevention as the majority of our caseload were on my aged care packages. Students were invited to join the allied health team at a regional conference addressing falls prevention.
great
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Former Employee) –  Ipswich QLD26 September 2018
loved workig here, and providing support when needed, all staff are welcoming and so are the residents, would recommend working here its a big family.
Productive and charismatic team members
Work Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD21 March 2018
Typical day was meeting new people and exploring their past as they would allow us to sit down and chat. I was to help maintain their living quarters. However, as I enjoy cleaning, I excelled in it and would have to find myself doing an activity to keep myself occupied.
Pros
free drinks, free company
Cons
boredom
enjoyed the other staff and residents
Personal Carer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 March 2018
No Management at all. Very hard work but very rewarding with the staff and residents. Not enough people working there, expect too much of us with no rewards. Didn't even have a staff xmas party.
Pros
no free food at all
Cons
very busy all the time
No job security and not rewarding
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 January 2018
Have hated my time at blue care. Roster constantly changes (including on day) so can never plan or make appointments and being bullied my managers if say no to a change. Forced to take a pay cut and do extra responsibilities and told "be grateful for the learning experience". Always rushing when with clients with the 'pay by the minute' culture. Watching a client sit out in the garden drinking a cup of tea while you scub mould out of their shower with a toothbrush. Being bullied by clients into doing things you are not meant to be or they put a complaint in against you. I have worked in community and management and seen both sides. Be aware of what it is really like to work in aged care and in organisation such as blue care.
Pros
Salary packaging was great for take home pay
Cons
No job security, low wage
Great feeling of really helping the elderly.
Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Carramar WA4 December 2017
During my nursing placement in Blue Care, I have learned how to provides personal, physical and emotional support to older people who require assistance with daily living such as bathing, dressing, grooming, mobility and ambulation, feeding, and taking vital signs and BGL.

The most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of older people and talking with them, especially when there is an improvement in their health conditions.
Pros
The staffs work effectively as a team
Cons
Not all staffs provide Person-centred care.
Enjoyable and forfilling job
Personal Carer (Current Employee) –  Crows Nest QLD12 January 2018
I enjoy the work I do and the people I meet and support ... even tho the work can be hard it is very rewarding to know that I have been able to assist older people or people with disabilities to continue to remain in their own homes
Pros
Helping so many People
Cons
Can be hard work
personal carer- assisting our aged care (Former Employee) –  Coomera QLD11 January 2018
All staff and managment were very helpful and caring,first day at work was alittle daunting but i felt at ease as my trainers were fantastic.Very caring environment and clients were a pleasure to look after.
Plenty of work available.
Personal Care Worker and Allied health assistant (Current Employee) –  Community17 November 2017
Life work balance is your choice as you can have all work and no life or minimum work and more life .. the work is there if thats what you want. Lots of salary benefits with salary sacrifice etc. Good Luck.
Pros
Job security and salary benefits.
Cons
Can be long hours between 6am and 6pm.