Blue Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Blue Care Employee Reviews

When I started everyone knew everyone,PCs and managers knew each other, friendly and supportive. Ended up with no one knowing each other and not being able to talk to someone when needed, could never get through on staff phone or office phone, felt isolated and unsupported. Turned very toxic and ugly, no one wanted to help you,always more worked piled on you every day,. Ended up being very stressful experience. I had no opportunity for advancement, each time I applied for a position it was given to someone else,even though I had more qualifications.
Pros
Lovely clients and some staff members
Cons
Long hours, pay rate low
Bluecare have been an organisation in QLD for many years and have provided excellent health, personal, and domestic care and many other service to many people around Queensland.
Pros
Friendly, supportive team
Once thought this company was a forever job. It is nothing other than a racketeering "not for profit" company that seeks to bleed it's lovely customers dry. Upper management in Brisbane head office actually believe they are above everyone else and have complete disregard for the employees in the field, and are nothing more than dictators trying to PLEASE the board of Directors. Please stay away, and spread the word to your family and friends - This company DOES NOT CARE about YOU!!!
Pros
Salary sacrifice
Cons
Too many to list here 😠
Position keeps changing so you have no idea what you'll be doing from one day to another. It's not what you know but who you know which gets you the job or promotion. Cluster office has a manager who is a bully and has admitted with pride that she makes people cry. It's no use complaining up the chain about it as they are all big mates and will target you for complaining.
Pros
Blue Care is a major well known branded age care company. There actually are some wonderful, friendly staff who work there in various departments and facilities.
Cons
Staff Training not adequate, Managers don't follow Mission & Values Statement
very stressful job. worked on the southside.Starting 7am and not getting home until dark.I found management to be rude, bullying and not supportive of staff.Your lucky to even get a break, as your clients end up overlapping regulary, and more jobs pushed onto you in the morning.Your roster would change daily after already organizing your time the night before.I went from being a happy, and healthy person, to being sickly underweight.I was a yes person until this job was the cause of a breakdown.Forget approaching managementI was told if i cant do the job, someone else will.Up to 4-5 housecleans in a typical day.This is a business not the caring church based organisation that they sell themselves as.
Pros
Not enough
Cons
Too many
Bluecare now has a shocking culture that implements a regimen of deprofessionalization, a managerial culture of fear, the buck stops at the bottom, lack of transparency, ethics is a foreign country and the profit motive subsumes everything else. It used to be a wonderful organisation with a high reputation for ethics, care and professionalism. No longer.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Appalling management
It is a yes man no man job We had a wonderful management team always listen to you, but no judgement. Since new management they dont want to listen to you. If you have a voice this company isn't for you If you like to be spoken down to by all means its go for it
Pros
The residents are beautiful
Cons
N/a
Interview is great. Promised heaps of hours . Was told the manager was great. I've tried to raise a few issues and each time I'm told it will be sorted. Still the same and nothing resolved.
Pros
Clinets are great and love them all
Cons
Dont want to answer
Firstly I do like working for Bluecare, however, the hours are all over the place and no time to fit anything in such as doctors appointments etc, by the time you get home and do what you gotta do cook, homework etc its time for bed. There is far too much cleaning, it can be stacked with 90-minute cleaning jobs all day, which are not necessary, whoever is saying that these houses need that long obviously have not cleaned a day in their life and are only thinking of $$$$$. Your feet at the end of the day are just aching along with your back feeling the joys of cleaning constantly. My teamleader is amazing though and so are the staff even though the pc's have been segregated from the rest of the staff because of the covid 19 bs saga. The pay is not the best, but there is salary packaging so that's a plus. Bluecare is very flexible when it comes to your scheduling but I am starting to feel more like a personal cleaner than a carer.
It wasn't a bad place to work. Friendly people, not bad work culture. WAs fast paced and could be hectic at times to complete the work required of you.
Rate of pay is competitive for the industry. if you're happy to be a "yes" man, you will do great, if you believe in standing up for yourself, your rights and your residents, you will be disappointed.
Good support, Good communication & easy to talk w management . Always has a continuous education that's really helpful. If you have a problem you can always talk to the manager. They will there when you need it
I enjoyed working with the clients very much but other then my time with them, there was not much else positive. There was poor to no communication between the different departments and upper management. And when this caused a problem it was normally the carers that the blame fell on. Scheduling can be a nightmare, always changing your start and finish time even half way through your shift, and overlapping client visits leaving carers to sort it out. Team leaders seem to have their inner circle and not much time for carers outside that group, some of them often rude and abrupt when you phone in for advise or to report an issue.There was no work home life balance.
Long hours, short lunch breaks if any, the hardest part of my job is trying to fit everything into the time allotted. I enjoy the laundry and cleaning, not so stressful
Pros
Free bread, jam and butter
Cons
It's been a good experience to have a job that involves kindness in humanity. You get to learn a lot about people, places, culture and experiences in life.
great company to work for, great staff, good management, friendly working environment , busy fast paced working day plenty to keep you working, meeting new people.
Blue Care are an amazing company to work for. I have been with them for nearly three years now and have advanced within the company easily with ongoing training and support. Would highly recommend them.
When I first started with the company it was great and I enjoyed the job for many years, however, with the integration of the nursing home and community, new managers were employed. These managers are making staff feel bullied and harassed all the time.
Busy with good peers, easy to learn systems and procedures, good wholesome feeling when you help customers, some leadership problems that need to be addressed
Blue-care is just a money making company with no genuine care factor for the elderly. I discovered that telemarketer companies cold call clients enticing them to government funded (free) services. They have to qualify for the funding prior to being approved. Then domestic p.c's are sent to them providing rip off services. Management is poor, unfair to clients and workers.
Be very careful and always watch your back. Management is very poor, clients are great and other staff are good, as you need that, because you have to watch yourself otherwise.