Blue Illusion
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Blue Illusion Employee Reviews

Australia13 reviews
Sometimes stressful when headoffice need procedures or some work done ASAP
Good team, good incentives fun customers, some not.

enjoyed working and trained very well
Pros
Clothing allowance
The Blue Illusion culture is all about its customers and community. Customer service is the best in the business.
An amazing company to work for...you work hard but the rewards are there. They look after their staff and its a lovely calm environment to work in.
Pros
A good bonus system
Cons
Weekend work
start early in the morning 8:00am and rearrange stock, change displays around, basic house cleaning. when busy keeping the stock (clothing and accessories) neat and presentable when customers have finished looking at particular items. when not busy a lot of mail runs and rubbish run are done, with bank runs every now and then. then finishing around 5:00pm.

i learnt heaps about time management and keeping on top of small but important aspects of the store. how to work on the feed back i get from the manger of the store and even customer feedback.

the hardest part of the job was cleaning the floor boards as they aren't protected from scuff marks, resulting in staff members having to scrubbing the floor on all fours. also cleaning the mirrors, which i found difficult but eventually got the hang of it.

most enjoyable part of the job was the customer experience and helping and talking to many different new people about their adventures. (many of the customers shop at blue illusion are people who are going to be travelers.)
No support from head office, bullying from regional managers, lots of pressure, badly made products and cheap fabrics for high prices . No work life balance whatsoever. Give 150% with nothing in return.
Great people to work with.
Management easy to get along with.

Co-workers are lovely.

I would like more hours as I am only causal that is the only reason I am looking for work. I work 9 hours one week and 16 the next week.
Blue Illusion is a fun place to work, I enjoy developing relationships with customers and assisting them in selecting suitable garments. I feel comfortable In their clothing.
Pros
Free garment once a month
Cons
Short notice
I have worked in retail fashion for many years. Worked with Blue Illusion for 3 years. I saw many good people (in store Managers) treated very poorly. I did not note any loyalty from head office management and little support and words of encouragement when sales were slow. Likewise, very little appreciation for good results when sales were going well. I was working mainly on my own in a small store where my days were busy with styling customers and many daily administrative and stock related tasks that occupied my shift. I learned that a workplace must have a supportive management culture which needs to be passed down by senior management towards the people who are at the coal face of their business. Otherwise, the retail staff feel under valued and despondent, and often don't perform at their best. Working in this sometimes negative environment, has made me realise how fortunate I have been in my previous retail positions.

The supportive, professional and positive senior management style in my pre Blue Illusion years has helped to define my work ethic in the retail industry as a professional, productive and strong team member contributing towards a common goal......within a positive work culture.

There is nothing hard about this type of job. You must like people and be a team player. Initially, learning the computer procedures can be a little challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting and getting to know customers and offering them great customer service. Also, going the extra mile to meet people's needs.
Pros
Clothing allowance
Cons
Reduced shifts. Found "the French" association a little cringeworthy.
This company talks about people and culture but what they really mean is "management bullying people! An employee resigned after the manager made it so hard for her to come to work(e.g cut hours, nasty comments, sometimes no communication at all). She notified head office and the Retail Operations Manager at the time and she didn't even get a response to her email. This also happened to myself but I was replaced while away on holidays. So if the manager has a friend who wants your job, your on the way out! Head office doesn't care!
Cons
Culture of bullying!
This company soley focuses on revenue within the company than customer satisfaction. I worked in the company for a reasonable amount of time and found the management to be poor and unreasonable with expectations with sales targets. We were encouraged often lied to customers about how the garments looked with bigger sized ladies (which is their demographic). I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone they sell cheaply made garments and accessories for a stupid amount of money to later put it on sale at the end of the month. Honestly for what it's worth you are all better off buying at Kmart at least you know there you pay for what you get. Don't work here...
Pros
Free staff uniform every month
Cons
Pushy sales environment, poor management.
Good company to work for.
Supportive Regional Managers.

They do a lot of fund raising for charity

Really nice group of girls throughout the stores.

Learnt new systems.

They strive to make shopping for the customer a pleasure.

They set goals and KPI's and reward staff if the meet targets set.
Pros
Uniform allowance and half price clothing
Cons
for casuals most shifts are only 3hrs per day
My current position of Assistant Manager allows me to confer with my Manager and State Manager in management of the team, team training in sales and assisting with purchasing and merchandising of the store. My position is exciting as the store is achieving exciting growth in sales due to quality service, great product and amazing product exposure.
Pros
Good team environment
Cons
Carindale is further from home than Indooropilly
During a typical day at work, my duties entailed:

- banking

- cleaning

- posting mail

- calling customers to notify them about their orders

As this was my first job, I learned about responsibility and time management.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with my hours being reduced.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having the privilege of getting to know the ladies I worked with. All my co- workers (especially my manager) were very understanding and helpful.
Open the store, count the money draw, turn on the computers. Fun place to work, I love the people I worked with especially the customer, love the fashion,