Blue Mountains City Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Blue Mountains City Council Employee Reviews

Australia10 reviews
Again, you start the week doing something different with a different crew ,working in different area,s. There was plenty of variety thats for sure everyday
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Way to Many bosses and all the excuses not to work . if you like driving around in circles and feel this deserves to take rate payers money then this is the job for you.
Poor managment skills , even worse people skills. People in charge have not done the job.
Pros
good lifestyle job
Cons
feels like high school
Sewerage Management Officer
Excellent productive experience at Blue Mountains City Council, Katoomba, with good assistance in areas where I lacked local experience. (2011)

Excellent job oversight and management by the Executive Principal as well as assistance with management of office systems and report production which was all different to my New Zealand experience. Thoroughly enjoyable experience and follow up support.

Assistance with gaining local accommodation also which turned out to be absolutely suitable. I would rate this experience as thoroughly enjoyable, productive and the best.
Easy to manage areas within the buildings. Easy parking at locations . Easy to fill out time sheets and regular pays with out having to chase for payments
A wide range of diversity every day was different. Always interesting what you could find. This job was certainly a job where you never know it would take you
Enjoyed working within the Blue Mountains City Council on the Bush Regeneration Team, Noxious Weeds Team and Bushcare team. It was eye opening and a great experience.
It's twenty years since I worked there. A lot of autonomy. I was responsible and achieved a lot managing contractors in bush land areas. Very enjoyable work.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
This job was looking good - good pay, good hours, good coworkers. however, management was awful to deal with and not very understanding or accommodating to my needs.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management
Gained a lot of experience from my traineeship, showed me into the real working world.
Work wasn't so bad when you enjoyed who you were working with, enjoyable part of the job would be all of it although was split up during the day. First part was a busy customer service time, then admin work, a quick break, then bit more admin time then back to a busy period of serving customers.
Pros
within the council
Cons
wage - due to being a trainee
They are a very good company to work for,it has a great environment to work in but it gets very cold in the winter,but other than that ,its an awesome place to work
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
it gets really cold in the winter
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Blue Mountains City Council?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Mountains City Council. Our community is ready to answer.
Blue Mountains City Council Reviews by Job Title