BlueCross
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

BlueCross Employee Reviews

Australia14 reviews
I left the work as I was bullied by a group of people and no body took an initiative to stop them properly.

The quality of the care is good and facilitation to.employees is fair too.

My manager verbally warned the person who lead bullying towards me and it did not stop. It took me a whole year to give my residence a chance again and again which served no purpose and hence I had to leave as I was mentally suffering too much.
management not respectful of work life balance. always had veiled threats when you say you cant work. end up working every day for WEEKS no rdo etc. No team building exercises. staff formed cliques based on what area you worked in most (eg high care, dementia, ward xyz etc) so when you worked somewhere other than usual you dont know the residents well enough to give best care. and staff can be cold to you.
I learned that you cant trust any one. A lot of the people that I worked with were only in it for the money and not really there for the residents. I love working in Aged care.
Pros
Residents were so kind and caring.
Cons
People are very clicky
Working for Bluecross it’s great, I fit my work and life balance, salary is good, if you are a good worker you get plenty of hours, staff it’s very helpful, if you have any concerns, you can call them, if you need counselling you got 5 free session a year.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not enough permanent shifts, not enough long hours shifts, lots of 1 hour shifts
Always opening opportunities for job seekers and volunteers. A company that provide ongoing training for employees, with aims to protect the client’s safety and satisfaction with the service provided.
Management needs improvement
The ratio for pca is too much- needs improvement in order to give best care possible

Staff shortage mostly experienced which makes it hard to give the best care
Pros
Love the resident
No support, bullying staff, save your time and skills for another place
Manager racists

CCC with no qualification En with cert

Teaching and guiding other nurses wrong procedures for wounds etc

No time to have your say no one listen to you

It’s a mess there

Always watching camera sitting hours looking monitor to see what staff doing on floor

There is no trust there

This is Cheltnam Autumdale lodge branch only

Others are better management
Pros
Residents are best part
Cons
Do not get pay if worked over hours can never finish on time
Blue cross is one of the best facilities i have work in, they have developed my skills and capacities to a better workers, kudos to bluecross and sapphire. may it grow more in service
I started at bluecross as part cleaner and I got very good work environment and very supportive staff members there. After couple of months my manager promotes me to as a cleaning supervisor. I love working there because I have very balanced work and personal life while working there and I got some good friends from there as well.
I love the people I work with and the residents, just don't like management. There is not much more I can say.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the residents I get to work with.
Pros
Staff are great
Cons
Management bad
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BlueCross?
Good place to work although a distance to and from work, have to be quick on your feet and good at multitasking in this position as a food services attendant.
BlueCross at Sandringham Victoria was one of the best Nursing Homes I have worked for. very friendly & understanding, especially when it came to my retirement form the company due to on-going problems with my shoulder.
I truly miss this place.
The managers are rude and I would never work for this company. No support, bullying staff, save your time and skills for another place
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Bluecross engages their staff in decision making. They have regular meeting with staff. The whole staff from different departments work together as a team and come out with one goal
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Its is far from my home