BMC Software Employee Reviews

It pays well
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 July 2019
It used to pay very well but at significant life cost. Long hours required to provide 24-7 coverage was stressful but lots of vacation time made up for this.
Good
Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra16 July 2019
Best Company to work with. Provide very good employee benefits.
It is top 10 best places to work as per 2019 Survey itself talks a lot about it. It has work-life balance too.
This was a hostile Work Environment
Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX11 July 2019
Management knew they were going to go private and did not care who stayed or left. Unable to grow revenue year after year. This was a combative work environment. They knew very little about building and empowering teams. Tenure was all that mattered and the seniors wore it like badges rather than promote diversity of work experiences.
Pros
Few
Cons
Me first Sr, Mgt. attitude
Very profession place
UNIX System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 770421 July 2019
Very willing to invest in their people. Very professional. unfortunately, I was forced on disability. And had to stop. The intense travel, wore on me and my family
Large company benefits with smaller company decision autonomy
Director, Solution Marketing (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX27 June 2019
I enjoyed working for BMC for 3 years. Shortly after leaving they were sold to KKR and there have been some management changes. Several of my former colleagues say that the job is still good and rewarding.

BMC is trying to transition from an old product line with significant technical debt to a new more modern set of offerings. Some of the newer SaaS offerings are doing well but not yet well enough to offset declining business in traditional enterprise software. This transition will take several more years and during that time, they will struggle to maintain revenue. They are especially vulnerable when competing against open source or more mature SaaS offerings.
BMC was a good company to work for when I was there.
SQA Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX24 June 2019
Busy most of the time. I had good managers while I was there but we worked very hard.

The hardest part of the job was training our offshore resources to do our work.
the most enjoyable part of the job
ERP AX Developer (Current Employee) –  Bengaluru, Karnataka23 June 2019
good cooperative mentality and team work, ability to learn new things ,feel free to contact any person at any time.enjoyable moments even though the work load time also
Beautiful working enviroment
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX17 June 2019
Fun, energetic beautiful environment to work. Follow employees are helpful and charismatic while paying close attention to detail of software development.
Advanced Top Company
Technical Software Analyst/Developer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX7 June 2019
I started at BMC as a contractor after 6 months I was hired as a permanent employee. In my time at BMC I worked on a data transfer product, was moved to a software developer on a storage management project. This I can say was best part of my career as a programmer. As a group we had a job to do and everyone was involved. I was given lead way to became involved in projects which were extremely rewarding at all levels. If you needed assisted there was always someone available with never a complaint.
Safeguarding your career
Associate Data Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  India29 May 2019
The company definitely gives a stable career for those who look for a long run career in a particular organization. Though, there is a problem where people get into shell and keep doing the same job over and over for years.
9 July 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad to see you recognize that BMC offers a stable career for many individuals.

A lot to learn in BMC Software
QA / Mainframe Tester (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX24 April 2019
At BMC Software, every day, he is learning new technologies, since he is one of the main companies in software development and generates new tools for different platforms. In my case, I am working in the Z / Os environment, and it is a lot to learn every day.
Pros
Great environment
28 May 2019

Thank you for your review. As we innovate and work on the latest technologies, we love to see our employees constantly learning and growing both professionally and personally at BMC.

Good company to work for. maintain work life balance
Senior Product Developer (Individual Contributor) (Current Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra14 April 2019
Good company to work for. a person can maintain work-life balance. many benefits apart from good paypacks and great office infrastructure. There are many initiatives within company which can propel your career.
28 May 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to see that you enjoy the many things that make BMC a top employer such as our benefits, compensation, flexibility, and opportunities for growth!

Productive and challenging
Staff Product Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX8 April 2019
Pleasant work place. Projects are challenging with new technologies to work on. Management was available and listens. Most enjoyable was the new project
28 May 2019

Thank you for leaving a review! We are so glad you'd describe us as a pleasant workplace. We also appreciate you noting your positive experience with management.

Fast paced with great people
Global Support Leader (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TX5 April 2019
Long work days because the company is run like a start up. Very limited resources causes the wearing of many hats. This in to a place "grace" is given. You must improve your own skills on your own or get pushed out.
Management has a strong skill set of management. Leadership is lacking.
Hardest part of job is supporting products with little testing and limited industry demand.
Limited advancement and salary improvement. Restructure every April to cut costs and fund the small amount of salary increases.
Great benefits and people make part of each day or week enjoyable.
Pros
Benefits, People
Cons
Long work days, management
7 June 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience as a Global Support Leader. We are glad to see you recognize the people and benefits at BMC as pros! We appreciate you sharing your feedback and hear your concerns. We will share these with the appropriate teams.

Responsibilities
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL5 April 2019
Assisted with preparing the servers for installation of the product. Also assisted with some of the implementations of the product and provided further specialized support.
Senior and Staff Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA27 March 2019
I was initially hired by Remedy and started my programming career there. When BMC acquired Remedy I was integrated with the new company.

The workplace and culture became more corporate but was still a fantastic place to work.

I spent 14 years with Remedy/BMC and my experience has been positive.
Good workplace
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra18 March 2019
Good workplace. Great place to develop skillset as a software developer. Great quality of work. Good work-life balance. Extremely helpful team members and mentor.
Good
Sr QA Engr (Former Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra25 February 2019
Good company to work with. Employees are very friendly. Environment is good. There's work life balance. Management people are very supportive. Lot of extra curricular activities.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Career growth
too long ago - no longer applicable
Chief Architect, Multiplatform Systems Division (Former Employee) –  מחוז תל אביב16 February 2019
It has been too long since the time I had been working for the company that BMC bought. My experience at the time is no longer applicable to the company today.
Great company, excellent work environment
Senior Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX12 February 2019
Each workday is a new and exciting challenge at BMC. The collaboration between Support teams is amazing. The various software applications developed by BMC are fun to support.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMC Software. Our community is ready to answer.