Boeing
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Boeing:

Boeing Employee Reviews

Australia57 reviews
Done
Productive and interesting, I was made redundant when they lost the super hornet contract to another American company and I was a permanent Temporary at that point in time. I found the work challenging and yet very stimulating .
Great to start but got worse over time
Great culture to start but in my department there was a bullying culture.
If the right management was in place then maybe a better company to work for.
Nothing enjoyable.
Doing same thing everyday. Aircraft qualification/experience doesn't count much here. People with no aviation background can lead the work cell. Lots of eyes watching over you.
Long and diverse career over decades
I was blessed with a long and rewarding career with Boeing.
My role became redundant with changing priorities in the region.

I would join the Boeing family again if the right opportunity presented.
Not a bad company to work for.
Good Company, good people and interesting work.
The Boeing Company is well respected and usually you work on Defence related projects or civil aviation.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Some bad management over time
Great company ,great products and good benefits
Overall a great place to work, the usual Management issues and opportunities don't always go to those best suited.
The type of Manager you have will determine if it is a great place to work or just a good place. Becoming a place that rewards sycophantic behavior.

Very good salary and conditions
Has a culture that is toxic due to specific individuals. Management will not step up and do anything about it. BDA generally is good to work for, average money, good EBA conditions. Not a company of choice unless specific people are removed.
An excellent company to work with
Enjoyed working with cross-functional team and Project team.
Boeing Australia was the first SAP implementation and then subsequently we implemented in Boeing Canada.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Boeing?
Toxic Culture
I have seen the good and the bad being involved in many projects. My most recent experience at Amberley in the ACEA team showed me the worst of this company.

Management have created a culture where employees feel they cannot speak up for fear of reprisal. They are not wrong, because whenever someone does speak up they are immediately shot down in flames and very publicly. Some employees have left because this behavior became targeted and persistent towards them and bordered on harassment. Others who remain get by by keeping their heads down.

Leaders of this team were not worthy of the title.
Pros
38 hour work week and 9 day fortnight
Cons
Toxic culture tolerated and no action taken to address it
Productive, always made feel welcome, easy access to upper management.
Felt valued & inclusive. Terrific work environment. Great team to be apart of. Encouraged to be who you are. Opportunities to up skill & take on courses.
Pros
Flexible work patterns
Cons
Job didn't last. Contract basis to Commonwealth
Boeing is a very clicky community controlled by head office in Brisbane
Boeing is a very clicky group and culture controlled by head office in Brisbane. If you were required to come to Brisbane from Oakey on your time if head office come to Oakey it was on company time
negotiation for contract extension were always protracted and did not guarantee any security or continuity of employment
Pros
very few
Cons
Long hours on your time with little help
Hmm
I wouldn't recommend, based on low-mid management unable to make decisions when presented with options and treating staff poorly. Staff don't get promoted within a project, have to jump to different projects. A lot of work is doing configuration and installing third-party software. Not much creation. Slow administrative pipelines
Shift work is hard work
My managers who used to be Shift Workers were out of touch and has become yes persons. The hours were long and tedious.

Arrive and wait for things to happen.
Pros
Freedom within work to do other things
Cons
Annoying out of touch managers who used to be doing the same job
Almost the worst experience in my 40 year career
Boeing overall is good. Certain projects in BDA need to be shutdown and restarted with new crew as its very much a "jobs for the boys" environment with untrustworthy and unskilled people becoming employed and promoted to management roles.
Complaints of unethical behaviour were ignored by HR department and "reorganisations" took place regularly to make the complainants redundant.

Despite the big facade of no tolerance for harassment and bullying, ethics etc at the end of the day you are just another cog in the big machine and when you get squeaky they replace you rather than performing the preventative maintenance.

Almost my worst experience in 40 years of my career - I would never work for Boeing Defence Australia again.
Pros
good salary
Cons
pathetic management culture, "jobs for the boys"
One of 160,000 employees
Could have been more relevant to the Australian workplace. I felt like another number and it was very hierarchical. I think it would be better if Boeing was a little more in touch with their companies outside of Seattle in the US.
Challenging and a very safe place to work with..
The company, overall, is a very good and safe place to work. Although there are these "usual" red tape things wherein depending upon the department you are assigned where there is hardly anything to improve, otherwise.
Pros
Management is normally very understanding, my superiors are very capable, has this flexible RDO per month.
Professional people doing important work
Nonstop activity with a broad spectrum of responsibilities, stimulating working with professionals. A challenge to complete a work package with endless review.
Pros
Broad experience, high responsibility
Cons
Slow to respond to change
management need ot remember a happy worker is a productive worker
i loved what i did at Boeing and the people i worked with on the floor but it was disappointing that the attitude and way most managers treated the people on the floor was so negative and belittling
over the years Boeing has lost multiple great workers due to this and also due to floor staff not being able to progress further in the company.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
managerment
Great company overall, although too much politics
Fantastic company to work for in general, very interesting work although being a production facility can get a little repetitive at times. Boeing is a company that does a lot of its training in house with exception of ohs and first aid so there are plenty of opportunity for higher learning and advancement.
As with any large company i believe there are to many levels of management and the lower level managers always seem like they have something to prove.

I would say Boeing has a very old engrained workplace culture which is difficult to change.

The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing i contributed to making aerospace history on a daily basis.
overall good place to work
learnt a lot about aeroplane building and the intricacies of the job,
the best part is like you are left alone to complete your task and quality of the job is utmost priority
A great place to work with good pay and attention to safety and quality
This is a great place to work with inductions and initial training done in a class room environment, with many small courses undertaken, mainly safety related, before anyone sees the factory floor. It's a very clean factory with great importance put on the safety of all employees. Quality is always of greater importance than quantity. I would recommend Boeing without hesitation, and would work for them again if the opportunity arose.
Pros
Emphasis on safety and quality, good pay rates.