Boeing
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Working at Boeing: 68 Boeing Reviews

Australia68 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Found 68 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,547 reviews

This is a workplace

Casual shift work suits me. The staff at my store and my co-workers are mostly good friendly people. Most customers are good to meet. As a delivery driver I can work at a safe pace to meet my schedule. Its a physically demanding job good for my fitness. Driving around the rural scenic Central Coast region is enjoyable.

Good people and developing culture. Low salaries when compared to industry with minimal career progression. If you can handle well through constant stress, this is your company.

Pros

Good culture, great people

Cons

Long hours, low pay, slow work flow

Very poor management culture

Very poor management culture, HR comply with management objectives, not what is right or wrong.Senior management are out of touch with how their direct reports are managing their teams.Narcissistic behaviour is flourishing well.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Very poor management culture

Horrendous. Save yourself the pain and don't bother

Be prepared to sacrifice everything. Boeing in Australia has adopted an American style of culture and have an expectation that you will live to work. You'll be expected to work very long hours, be paid lower than the market for a similar role elsewhere and offered very little training that is relevant to your role.

Pros

Rostered days off once a month, working from home

Cons

Long hours, no support, live to work culture

Avoid at all costs

Former longterm employee. The most toxic disgusting company to work for. Management are incompetent and the culture is horrific. This is an honest warning for anyone who wishes to work there. Your mental health is more important than a job with this disgusting company.

Pros

Cons

Leadership/management

Working for Boeing with poorly trained managers is painful

I was unfortunate to work with a team of incompetent and unskilled people. I often wondered how they got where they were. Very much a retirement village for ex-military members.High levels of discrimination evident in respect to age and whether or not you served in the military.

Pros

Cons

working with ex-military

Good enviorment

Very good best tech better team work good knowledge latest tech. Good pay. Very good environment very good safely provided. Good Melbourne job. Best company i have worked

Cons

Some parts are excellent.

If you get to work in the right part of Boeing it can be the best job you have ever had. However with most jobs, working with the wrong people will kill you. Some in Boeing have not "left" the military behind and still a very arrogant attitude, those people don't assist with a forward looking company.

Pros

Diversity of work available

Cons

Some people that have never left the military.

good interim job

It was a good job while I was studying. I worked nights so I cleaned the hangers and offices in my allocated areas. I usually worked with another worker so the time went fast.

Done

Productive and interesting, I was made redundant when they lost the super hornet contract to another American company and I was a permanent Temporary at that point in time. I found the work challenging and yet very stimulating .

Fun working here, good money, lot of overtime, good learning.

Fun working here, good money, lot of overtime, good learning. Flexible shifts, Very good canteen. Except for only having job secured rest all facilities are good.

Great to start but got worse over time

Great culture to start but in my department there was a bullying culture. If the right management was in place then maybe a better company to work for.

Nothing enjoyable.

Doing same thing everyday. Aircraft qualification/experience doesn't count much here. People with no aviation background can lead the work cell. Lots of eyes watching over you.

Long and diverse career over decades

I was blessed with a long and rewarding career with Boeing. My role became redundant with changing priorities in the region. I would join the Boeing family again if the right opportunity presented.

Not a bad company to work for.

Good Company, good people and interesting work. The Boeing Company is well respected and usually you work on Defence related projects or civil aviation.

Pros

Interesting work

Cons

Some bad management over time

Experienced Aircraft Maintenance Engineers

Great work Great Team Best Employer I have worked for Genuinely Honest Boss and Co workers Whom are highly skilled and dedicated in their specialised fields

Great company ,great products and good benefits

Overall a great place to work, the usual Management issues and opportunities don't always go to those best suited. The type of Manager you have will determine if it is a great place to work or just a good place. Becoming a place that rewards sycophantic behavior. Very good salary and conditions

Has a culture that is toxic due to specific individuals. Management will not step up and do anything about it. BDA generally is good to work for, average money, good EBA conditions. Not a company of choice unless specific people are removed.

An excellent company to work with

Enjoyed working with cross-functional team and Project team. Boeing Australia was the first SAP implementation and then subsequently we implemented in Boeing Canada.

Toxic Culture

I have seen the good and the bad being involved in many projects. My most recent experience at Amberley in the ACEA team showed me the worst of this company. Management have created a culture where employees feel they cannot speak up for fear of reprisal. They are not wrong, because whenever someone does speak up they are immediately shot down in flames and very publicly. Some employees have left because this behavior became targeted and persistent towards them and bordered on harassment. Others who remain get by by keeping their heads down. Leaders of this team were not worthy of the title.

Pros

38 hour work week and 9 day fortnight

Cons

Toxic culture tolerated and no action taken to address it

Friendly Environment

1) Early Morning start preparing for your daily routine of supplying parts for the assembly line 2) Handling the pressure of sudden emergencies 3) Great Management Fair and Open 4) Very diverse Culture too many to name 5) Shortage of Parts 6) Great and Fun Group of people to work with

Pros

Monthly BBQ's

Cons

No cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boeing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2K