Boeing
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Boeing:

Boeing Work–Life Balance reviews

Australia58 reviews
I was blessed with a long and rewarding career with Boeing.
My role became redundant with changing priorities in the region.

I would join the Boeing family again if the right opportunity presented.
Great culture to start but in my department there was a bullying culture.
If the right management was in place then maybe a better company to work for.
Good Company, good people and interesting work.
The Boeing Company is well respected and usually you work on Defence related projects or civil aviation.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Some bad management over time
Boeing is a very clicky group and culture controlled by head office in Brisbane. If you were required to come to Brisbane from Oakey on your time if head office come to Oakey it was on company time
negotiation for contract extension were always protracted and did not guarantee any security or continuity of employment
Pros
very few
Cons
Long hours on your time with little help
My managers who used to be Shift Workers were out of touch and has become yes persons. The hours were long and tedious.

Arrive and wait for things to happen.
Pros
Freedom within work to do other things
Cons
Annoying out of touch managers who used to be doing the same job
The company, overall, is a very good and safe place to work. Although there are these "usual" red tape things wherein depending upon the department you are assigned where there is hardly anything to improve, otherwise.
Pros
Management is normally very understanding, my superiors are very capable, has this flexible RDO per month.
Nonstop activity with a broad spectrum of responsibilities, stimulating working with professionals. A challenge to complete a work package with endless review.
Pros
Broad experience, high responsibility
Cons
Slow to respond to change
Fantastic company to work for in general, very interesting work although being a production facility can get a little repetitive at times. Boeing is a company that does a lot of its training in house with exception of ohs and first aid so there are plenty of opportunity for higher learning and advancement.
As with any large company i believe there are to many levels of management and the lower level managers always seem like they have something to prove.

I would say Boeing has a very old engrained workplace culture which is difficult to change.

The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing i contributed to making aerospace history on a daily basis.
Very little change, very little advancement. There is an attitude of "that's the way it has always been so that is the way it should stay". There is minimum room for innovation.
Great to work on the Wedgetail program - was like working on the set of Star Trek. Very professional people and management. Loved going into work everyday with new challenges to over come!
Pros
Exciting new technology every day.
Cons
Some long hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Boeing?
excellent company to work for highly recommend was a great experience the traing was of a very high standard the management were always helpful and a had a excellent understanding of there role and always provided all the information required and the ongoing support to make sure everyone's skills were up to date highly recommend Boeing and wish them every success
Pros
staffs needs were always a priority and saftey was number one
Cons
afternoon shift was very difficult and difficult on family
Boeing Aerostructures Australia definitely promotes work/life balance, with flexible working hours. What i like the most about the company is that the manager I have really knows the process and can understand the situation.
A typical workday starts early. Shift meeting with managers, crew meeting, safety and OH&S. The job requires you to be switched on always lots of activities (preparations, measuring, assembly, installation, drilling countersinking use of hand tools etc..). Management is constantly changing so the hardest part is adapting and constantly be aware of changes so you won't waste thousands of dollars worth of product. The satisfying part of it is meeting the the set targets and looking at the finished product that you're a part of.
Pros
good salary
Cons
long hours lots of overtime
Boeing Hawker de Havilland provided many challenging opportunities, to self develop yourself. advanced composite technology involvement being one aspect of the job that I enjoyed.
Pros
Career develpement
Great work and the culture is exceptional, the work ethics are very high and the people are great to work with. Management encoureged indevidual development and always included everybody in the decision making.
Pros
flexable work hours
Cons
outstanding company, day to day is never routine. Constantly learning more and more everyday about the aviation industry.
Pros
Good Medical Benifits and pension
Everyday at Boeing is fun and the working environment is excellent and full of friendly people.At Boeing is non-stop learning. Everyday you learn something, you will get educated at Boeing once you're employed.The management is supportive to employees and they keep us up to date in all aspects like day to day work, productivity and efficiency, EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) company status, technology, time flexibility, what is happening currently and what lies ahead in the future. The management overall is superb. We are one big family at Boeing Aerostructures Australia.The hardest part of the job is when you are trying meet the target or schedule problem arises unexpectedly and the most enjoyable part of the job is when everything is on schedule everybody is happy and having a good laugh.
Pros
Highly Skilled workers
Cons
Long Hours
I start my day by looking up on the workorder what is left for me to do from the last shift,checking if all the their work was stamped completed. Making sure every detail is in the right order and nothing in the job is non-conformance then know where to resume.
All the people are busy right off at the start except those with a bit of issues in their job and discussing with inspectors how to go about. A few trying to chase some material and tools needed or replacement materials reported defective from the last shift.

Supervisors going around giving support and lifting up spirits with encouraging remarks and jokes making sure everything are in good shape and running smooth. Else emergency meetings are in place to inform so as to sort out and to educate the team and the floor.

Everyone are friendly and jolly. except a few who prefers to work alone and engrossed in his own world and just left them to themselves. But everyone are accountable for their jobs.

I learned to adapt to different situations with the team or just alone.

in times of ease and in times of crises. Anyway, the support groups ( supervisors and inspectors) are always there to ease out any creases.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when we receive commendations for a job well done or when we exceed some expectations and we are rewarded with a free dinner and awards by the management.

I can not leave my family here in Sydney for some personal reasons else I would still work for the company in Melbourne.
Pros
Good company, fun and enjoyable workplace.
Cons
Long hours and long weeks.
Everyday is always exciting
Lots of things especially the aerodynamics of the plane

Very good

Good, always work as team
When we have to bit the dead line of producing the products
When we have bettin the dead line of producing the products
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Managing employees performing engineering & technical activities in the area of structural engineering.Develops & executes project & process plans,implements policies & procedures, & sets operational goals. Acquires resources, provides technical managements & lead process improvements. Provides oversight & approval of technical approaches, products & processes. Manages, develops & motivates employees.Engages the team to promote innovation toward creating new value opportunities & increased productivity.
Pros
after completing the target we are getting the movie tickets / friday pizza
Cons
continue long hours to work
Boeing is a big company spread all over Australia and around the world. There is so much opportunity to advance within the same building, country or around the world.
Pros
career opportunities, worldwide multinational
Cons
not new and spritely