Bolton Clarke Employee Reviews

good work life balance
DOMESTIC ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD7 May 2019
hard to get hours needed to make good money or even money to pay the bills. hours arnt consistent. are understanding of family commitments and happy to accommodate
Great. caring environment to work
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  sunshine coast25 April 2019
excellent team, great work ethics, person centered. great management. The range of clients and carers was well balanced, and we all achieved some great goals.The most enjoable part of the job was the reassurance of being part of a caring team that considered staff to be a valued part of the companys success. also the availability of a familiar voice on the end of the phone, whenever there was a crisis.
Pros
fantastic team.
Cons
not consistent hours
The management is only worried about cost cutting
District nurse (Current Employee) –  Melbourne East VIC15 April 2019
The managers are al bullies. They just want to save the cost to the company and has little to no compassion for the clients and the nurses. They expect the nurses to attend to an unattainable number of visits saying “you have scope”. They don’t have common sense to look at a nurses list and see if this is achievable realistically. It’s all about money. Don’t be fooled and don’t join this company. You’ll end up losing your passion for nursing because they don’t care about their employees.
Pros
Salary packaging
Cons
Everything else
Great Place to Work
Veterans Home Contact Centre Consultant (Former Employee) –  Eight Mile Plains QLD29 March 2019
Management is very caring and supportive of staff. Day goes really quick due to being busy. Workplace culture is fantastic.
great clients to work with. Lots of lunches.
Pros
Onsite parking.
Cons
Non
Avoid
Personal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Murrumba Downs QLD13 January 2019
Poorly managed facility with staff left short and residents left without activities. Only enjoyable part of the day was attending to the residents who need our help and support.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everything else
I was a former employee, working as an assistant in nursing, with medication duties. Always short of staff management were nasty, and never assisted.
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD7 January 2019
I found that management in Townsville were nasty, intimidating, and never got on the floor to assist, and there were times when there were only two staff to 30 and one had to do medications. If your hurt they treat you like you have committed a crime, and management from Brisbane speak to you rude and bully you. Not a nice environment to work, and when the residents have essentials taken away , and required to do your job , the care suffers . So much for a non profit , I wouldn't recommend working there.
Customer Service Consultant - Call Center
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Eight Mile Plains QLD2 December 2018
A typical day at work answering between 60-80 calls a day I learned to be more patient with others. Management were the biggest reason why many staff leave the contact center management have introduce many house keeping rules that restricted staff from having fun at work. Its a toxic work environment and it gets even worse if you choose to stand up for yourself. If your like me " Looking for an organization to grow with" I don't think you will find the answer here. Remuneration is here is low I don't think you'll ever reach your dream of owning a home or travel the world with the money you earn from here its honestly shocking to know that these organizations still exist today and paying employees under the minimum wage.
Pros
Cons
long hours at work and low paying
good starting point
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Ipswich QLD13 November 2018
RSL Care offered me a wonderful starting point to my career as a personal carer. they were able to allow me to work with in the many different areas of the facility which taught and gave me a wide range of skills that i was able to walk away with, ready for my next job.
Teamwork makes a difference
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Waterford West QLD13 November 2018
Start with a handover which allows you to create a rough plan for the day. Time management is key in this industry. Teamwork is vital, you have to be a team player to get work done, be reliable to others when in need to get the job done. I enjoyed face-to-face work with other people, this keeps the job fun and interesting as you learn to work with different personalities and attitudes and learn to get along with every individual.
The hardest part of the job is when there are staff who are not team players and you feel like you are taking more weight on the shift. This is easily dealt with once you have spoken kindly to the other team member. Communication is the key.
Pros
Fantastic team
Cons
Back-to-back shifts
Contact Center Eight Mile Plains
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eight Mile Plains QLD13 November 2018
There is no room for growth, staff work against each other rather than work together. High turn over each month. Worked here for two years and the only best thing was getting paid and the people who were in the same position as me who I really enjoyed working with. I also enjoyed speaking to carers over the phone they are the Champions of this business they really take the cup when it comes to hard work. The contact center is the main point of contact for the entire business so there is a lot of transferring involved if you work at the contact center. Clients are easy to deal with and are always a pleasure to talk to. The business is always short on staff and often call you on your RDO to cover a shift. Your generally rostered from anywhere from 6am to 10pm and sometimes have to do night shifts. Weekend work is a compulsory plus you don't get any public holidays off as this is a 247 contact center. Toxic workplace and staff are always restricted from many information.
Pros
People and making money
Cons
Low paying job
No support
EEN (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 October 2018
I was just given a list and said it was up to me to work it out.
I had to find staff who i could double up and do competencies. How on earth can i do that esoecially with being casual and not knowing where and ehen ill be working
Had to do a buddy shift with a nurse who wouldnt contact and was incredibly nasty and rude and i ended up not doubling up. She obviously hates going around with a new staff member. Wonder what she has to hide?
Most were lovely but my area supervisor was a bully
Pros
Salary packaging
Cons
Double booking clients, Being sent off hours earlier than planned shift Bullying, No continuity with patients. Computers and phone always not working
Lovely staff
Endorsed Enrolled Nurse (Current Employee) –  Banora Point28 August 2018
Great staff, great to work with. Everyone assists each other where they can
Great atmosphere with lovely residents, where a friendly culture has been formed and maintained.
Pros
Stable income
Cons
Odd hours making life balance difficult
Work life balance culture, Supportive people, Good place to work
Senior Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Kilda VIC7 August 2018
Life at Bolton Clark is memorable. Good people, Employee Friendly policy, Fair culture.

It allows people to move in different role to explore their capability.
Customer Service Consultant - Bolton Clarke (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD22 July 2018
Positive culture, encouraging management, fun varied work environment, weekend pay penalties available,plenty of training and advancement opportunities.
Education limited.
Registered Nurse Division 1 (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 May 2018
I personally would like to see more in house education and in-services held.

Its important to be educated not only through our own means but via the department itself.
Pros
Not sure.
Cons
Not sure.
jobs
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tweed Heads NSW4 April 2018
great place to work with a great team of nurses
managemnt was always there to help with anything you required
work place culture senistived
worked in catering
Community Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunshine Coast Australia22 March 2018
Very rewarding role with challenges at times. Great to be part of an organisation creating great experiences and outcomes for aged and disability clients in Australia. Great culture.
Pros
Good support
Not patient focused
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Ipswich QLD6 February 2018
Terrible, poorly run, inadequate staff and no job security.

Residents poor health due to not receiving needed care or supervision, minimum interaction.
Pros
Non
One day recalled
KITCHEN-HAND (Former Employee) –  South Brisbane QLD30 January 2018
Didn't do much, and I don't think I stayed with them very long, as I recall.

Got the job first time trial & found the specific place of site work, rather dark, dingy and really dull to work coldly amongst.
Pros
Got the job.
Cons
Didn't do much, and I don't think I stayed with them very long, as I recall.
Innovative and supportive community
Office Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 January 2018
Was a great place to work; highly enjoyed working with the management and and all staff. I was fortunate to learn a lot from many of managers during my time there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bolton Clarke. Our community is ready to answer.