Bolton Clarke Employee Reviews

I was a former employee, working as an assistant in nursing, with medication duties. Always short of staff management were nasty, and never assisted.
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD7 January 2019
I found that management in Townsville were nasty, intimidating, and never got on the floor to assist, and there were times when there were only two staff to 30 and one had to do medications. If your hurt they treat you like you have committed a crime, and management from Brisbane speak to you rude and bully you. Not a nice environment to work, and when the residents have essentials taken away , and required to do your job , the care suffers . So much for a non profit , I wouldn't recommend working there.
Customer Service Consultant - Call Center
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Eight Mile Plains QLD2 December 2018
A typical day at work answering between 60-80 calls a day I learned to be more patient with others. Management were the biggest reason why many staff leave the contact center management have introduce many house keeping rules that restricted staff from having fun at work. Its a toxic work environment and it gets even worse if you choose to stand up for yourself. If your like me " Looking for an organization to grow with" I don't think you will find the answer here. Remuneration is here is low I don't think you'll ever reach your dream of owning a home or travel the world with the money you earn from here its honestly shocking to know that these organizations still exist today and paying employees under the minimum wage.
Pros
Cons
long hours at work and low paying
Contact Center Eight Mile Plains
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eight Mile Plains QLD13 November 2018
There is no room for growth, staff work against each other rather than work together. High turn over each month. Worked here for two years and the only best thing was getting paid and the people who were in the same position as me who I really enjoyed working with. I also enjoyed speaking to carers over the phone they are the Champions of this business they really take the cup when it comes to hard work. The contact center is the main point of contact for the entire business so there is a lot of transferring involved if you work at the contact center. Clients are easy to deal with and are always a pleasure to talk to. The business is always short on staff and often call you on your RDO to cover a shift. Your generally rostered from anywhere from 6am to 10pm and sometimes have to do night shifts. Weekend work is a compulsory plus you don't get any public holidays off as this is a 247 contact center. Toxic workplace and staff are always restricted from many information.
Pros
People and making money
Cons
Low paying job
No support
EEN (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 October 2018
I was just given a list and said it was up to me to work it out.
I had to find staff who i could double up and do competencies. How on earth can i do that esoecially with being casual and not knowing where and ehen ill be working
Had to do a buddy shift with a nurse who wouldnt contact and was incredibly nasty and rude and i ended up not doubling up. She obviously hates going around with a new staff member. Wonder what she has to hide?
Most were lovely but my area supervisor was a bully
Pros
Salary packaging
Cons
Double booking clients, Being sent off hours earlier than planned shift Bullying, No continuity with patients. Computers and phone always not working
Work life balance culture, Supportive people, Good place to work
Senior Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Kilda VIC7 August 2018
Life at Bolton Clark is memorable. Good people, Employee Friendly policy, Fair culture.

It allows people to move in different role to explore their capability.
Education limited.
Registered Nurse Division 1 (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 May 2018
I personally would like to see more in house education and in-services held.

Its important to be educated not only through our own means but via the department itself.
Pros
Not sure.
Cons
Not sure.
Innovative and supportive community
Office Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 January 2018
Was a great place to work; highly enjoyed working with the management and and all staff. I was fortunate to learn a lot from many of managers during my time there.
Bolton Clarkle
Aged Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Bolton Clarke10 October 2017
I worked there for 7 1/2 years and I learned a lot of skills that has helped me to be a better person.
Empathy is the most important quality I have, being able to understand other people by putting myself in their shoes.

Mainly I worked nightshift and I enjoyed doing dayshift too.

Nightshift came with a lot of responsibility and the and the added pressure of looking after 30 rooms and 60 rooms by myself. Which at times was a bit too much.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
Long hours in night shift