Bolton Clarke
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bolton Clarke Employee Reviews

Australia87 reviews
This company ha some real issues as it often puts profit before care and hires under-qualified staff as a cost savings. It was formed by two companies merging now they forgot their beginnings and sold their veterans out by getting rid of them and refusing to provide care to them.
Bolton Clarke suddenly cancelled temporary contracts (via a recruiter at KBH) for administration officers just before Australia went in lockdown. The company expected immediate starts due to high demand from clients that require urgent nursing services. The office atmosphere was tense and hostile when we started. The 'trainer' refused to clarify information about procedures around dealing with COVID-19, scheduling, etcetera despite being asked multiple times.
My work at Bolton Clarke is ok but the hours and the pay is not great and you can’t live off the pay they provide you, I barely get $500 a fortnight during my rostered shifts but if I get called in, my pay is slightly increased but doesn’t happen often.
Bought out by RSL and then closed our W.A. office and Adelaide. For months they new closing the office and strung the staff out till a week of office closing
. Full of cover ups .wrongful stand downs/sackings.There is not enough staff to assist residents .The pay is not appropriate .Management would be awarded no stars if it was allowed .there is very low staff morale and rumours .The management admits they do not care about there staff because they are a dime a dozen.Hr are useless and agree with management so there is nowhere to discuss your concerns .There is no gloves etc most of the time .If u are looking for somewhere to work that doesnt listen to staff ,care about staff or that egages in ametueur management this is the place for u
I could see management in our department at Bolton Clarke really cared for the stuff under them and were working very hard to create an environment that was pleasant for staff. I throughly enjoyed working along side the staff and loved how they looked out for each other. All in all it was a great experience and if the pay rate were a bit more competitive I would definitely work for them again.
Cons
Great co workers, awesome themed days for residents and staff alike
For years I enjoyed my job, the freedom to do my job the way I liked but after returning from a holiday, I found my runs had changed and I no longer had my regular clientele.
I spoke out of line and regretted what I had said but there was no forgiveness. I ended by resigning.
No Support & bad culture, bullying, no training on the job, low staff morale, time poor, clinical decision making old school, not allowed to implement new ways.
started with lots of hours then nothing but if you are not Australian you will get lots of hours to many workers there that order you around while they sit around and you get told that you will be permanent time in 3 months yer right
Would not recommend anyone to work there .
There is nothing else to say i would not recommend people to go there. To many people think they are the boss. To many lazy people .people who carnt even speak good english and are very rough with the residents.
Badly managed .short staffed .Favouritism .Low rate of pay .People being employed with little or no education .annual leave knocked back sometimes for over a year .
Whilst I enjoyed working for Bolton Clarke for the majority of the time, there were periods where the work environment could be quite toxic.
There was no stability with management, turning over in short time frames. The salary was quite low compared to other providers even with the salary sacrifice option.
Staff often understaffed and told to deal with it. Rushed stressed and unhappy staff working for minimum wages - having to deal with unhappy residents who are often waiting too long to be attended to due to there not being enough staff to complete the major amount of workload there is. Staff often missing out on correct amount of breaks or not having breaks at all. A lot of staff gossip.
Bolton Clarke’s call centre is a great place to gain skills in customer service, triaging, working within crm systems and much more. Great diversity and excellent staff members that value each and everyone.
Five EENs have been bullied and harrassed and some RNs and some Pcws. Until they have been nervous wrecks and resigned as they could not take anymore. This was done by management.
One year ago it was stated they were not employing anymore EENs by management .Ever since then the nurses targeted were given heavy workloads and set up to fail. Then even tho this was caused by those in charge the nurses got the blame. And it was put on their record.

I really have never experienced this in my 40yrs as a nurse.

RNs and EENs always each shift work overtime and NEVER get paid for it . Also on an evening shift sometimes dinner breaks dont happen.

And on morning shifts its rare to have a lunch break. The work load for RNs and EENs is so massive.

Now they will have personal care workers looking after the medications and other cares that EENs used to do for the aged. And this is whats been on tv.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Unfair
I loved the 5 years I worked there,
but bullying is a big problem between the staff!

You start by receiving more hours work then you can handle & then get cut down to almost nothing......

because favouritism gets you the shifts you want, not hard work!
My role at Bolton Clarke - at Home Support has been working with field staff with scheduling, supporting and assisting with needs.
Also work with alternative teams; Service Coordinators/Case Managers for client care.
I worked in Melbourne as a nurse. Not a healthy company to work for. Isolating, no support and stressed. Health care provided was reflected by how management treated staff. It surprises me that it appears to rank higher, however the star system does not appear reflect all comments.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Total lack of support
i have just retired from work as a personal carer for the aged care after twenty years, it was wonderful working with the elderly residents ,theywere just like one big family to me ,i will miss them . It is a shame that BOLTON CLARKE do not seem to care a lot about the care staff , under staffed, very basic facilities for carers, pushed to get extra work hours from carers that are already very tired from vorking extra hours , no overtime paid . IF someone is away sick or on leave they are not replaced . they need more staff and better pay and conditions . everything looks beautyful on the outside ,
hard to get hours needed to make good money or even money to pay the bills. hours arnt consistent. are understanding of family commitments and happy to accommodate
excellent team, great work ethics, person centered. great management. The range of clients and carers was well balanced, and we all achieved some great goals.The most enjoable part of the job was the reassurance of being part of a caring team that considered staff to be a valued part of the companys success. also the availability of a familiar voice on the end of the phone, whenever there was a crisis.
Pros
fantastic team.
Cons
not consistent hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bolton Clarke. Our community is ready to answer.