Bombardier
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Bombardier:

Bombardier Employee Reviews

Australia14 reviews
Pop up site arrangement at the Maintenance Facility to complete the installation of New Trains for QLD Rail. Site was not designed for such work scope and time frame imposed the by company.
BT is an excellent company with good work-life balance.The safety standards are also high. The top management is also aproachable. The knowledge input is also high
Pros
Good work-life balance, good salary
I don't recommend BT.
I signed because Bombardier is a famous name, because my interviews were very positive and because I had no job at that time.

I did a real mistake that I regret. Now a day I am waiting to learn enough and get experience to quickly move to a real company were I can be happy to work in.
Pros
Projects are interesting and challenging. Colleagues are nice.
Cons
HR are terribly bad, no training, no career plan, no management, very bad compensation and conditions, no recognition
A locomotive manufacturing company that really a hands-on job. Everyday I want to come to work to learn new things. I was lucky enough to work in this esteemed company. It gives me interest in acquiring more skills and experience. I worked with different employees with their own unique way of making things done easily and safely. The management provide us the needed tools and equipment needed for the job. Safety is paramount in doing our daily tasks. Everyone is adhere to it. My job is hard as I did not know yet but as I go along, it becomes easy and i found comfort and sense of understanding because there's always someone like me who are there to help and assist you in doing the job.
Pros
Equal opportunity and respect for everyone
Cons
Bad mouthing
BT is a global company around the world manufacturing aeroplane and train in variety.I Believe that this company is forefront of excellence and creativity in rolling stock.
Pros
75 year experience in manufacturing
Cons
hard to get the better position
Only due to the position moving interstate did the role become untenable as the local market became increasingly restrictive thus positions were rationalized and redundancies were introduced.
Forward looking senior leaders who have the interests of the company and employees well balanced. Growth industry which is supported by a global approach to solving issues and delivering projects.
Starts with toolbox meeting and job allocation from service coordinator. I've learnt to work efficient and productively over a shift and to get tasks done safely and as correctl. Management, helpful and encouraging in productive and safe work. The workplace culture at Bombardier is excellent with a wide variety of cultures. The hardest ting is to keep to scheduled time for jobs so trains can run on time and the enjoyable thing about working there is that it does have a great work culture.
Pros
Great atmosphere and free coffee, tea and milo
Cons
Good place to work, great bunch of work mates on my team. Challenging overhaul and maintenance work on passenger trains and refurbishment of bogies.
Pros
Early start, good conditions
Cons
Lack of tools
Excellent team environment built up over many years with people who took ownership of the job and all that it entailed. Constant feed back and feed forward of information resulted in a high quality product produced well under budget.
Pros
Excellent consultation with management resulting in excellent place to work.
Cons
Local success lost to global ethos.
Reporting to supervisor on arrival to discuss the jobs for the night.

Deciding on work procedure with other co-workers so everybody knows who's doing what and where we are working for a safer working environment.

Communicating with management reguly on any updates on the job.

Hardest part of jobs is making sure trains get out on time for their daily runs.

Most enjoyable part, working under pressure and completing everything that is thrown at us for the night shift.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Night shift
Greet workmates & start work, review current progress against projected completion date. Main task was building, wiring & testing Main Electrical Lockers for train driver cab. Keep Foreman up to date with progress. Learned to work quickly & accurately to a high standard. Had a great team who supported each other. Due to absence or modifications we often had to swap roles to complete more urgent work which sometimes meant doing overtime. Being unable to complete a job due to missing parts. Clean, friendly relaxed atmosphere & being able to work unsupervised.
Pros
new clean factory. close to home & town. r.d.o. variety of different work.
To perform duties marked out on the inspection sheet, measuring and changing brake pads when needed, changing gear box oil, general condition of under carrige, the wear on discs and wheels.
I have become familiar with most jobs on the inspection sheet and can carry them out with confidence and safety.

My co-workers all team together to make sure the train is ready for traffic at the end of shift.
Pros
one bbq every couple of months
Cons
lack of work which makes the shift long
I worked at this company for 2 & a half years and it great.
It is a great family orientated business,with a good social club that has family outings though out the year.

The working hours are great,work conditions are very good,management do a great job, the product that they produce is high quality standard.
Pros
bonuses, awards.
Cons
short breaks, break-up parties.