Boost Juice

Australia340 reviews

Clear
3.6Work–Life Balance
2.9Pay & Benefits

Good for a first job but not as a long-term job

Working at boost was fun if you made friends, but also it got very stressful very quickly if you work at one of the busier stores. While it would be laid back and enjoyable sometimes, overall the experience was not very fulfilling or enjoyable as it became repetitive. Good if you want job experience.

Pros

Free drink at the end of your shift

Cons

Paid the bare minimum wage

learnt alot but too little pay

-was watched by managers on cctv -very little pay-they hire people as part time but only give casual hours so they can pay you even less-very lovely co workers -management doesn't do anything about harassment

Pros

free drinks if management likes you

Cons

little pay

Boost Juice insights

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things

Good place to work while in high school

It's a good place to work as a teenager as they only have shifts during the day and often give out short shifts of around 3-5 hours. Managers try to skimp out on giving 10 minute breaks. Pay is low compared to other jobs.

Pros

One free boost a week

Cons

Can be understaffed during unexpected busy times

Convenient for a highschool student

The work environment is suitable for younger employees and is a typical fast-food workplace. Mostly busy so the work hours didn't feel long and time consuming.

Pros

One free drink per shift

Cons

sticky

Low pay, inconsistent shifts (randomly between 3 and 28)

Nice coworkers, Easy job and nice benefits (free drinks). Extremely inconsistent shifts, low pay, asked to cover shifts with little notice

fun

It was very fun and enjoyable. Friendly staff, and good hours. Very fast-paced and can get busy, with lots of work to do. Pay is good and so is the management

Terrible work place, people always quiting due to bad management and rude staff

It was a very demanding job that resulted with no benefits and underpayment. Breaks were never given correctly (would receive proper amounts of breaks for hours worked). Management is poor and rostering is difficult to read. Would not listen to concerns or give you time off when asked well in advance. Instead give you shifts specifically when you couldn’t work and expect you to be there or take it into responsibility yourself to find someone to cover. Always hiring due to staff quiting regularly. Would not appreciate you or your work and expect more that what’s required. Owner is rude and doesn’t value his employees.

Pros

Nil

Cons

Long hours, No breaks, Underpayment, Rude management, No benefits whatsoever, No discount or free things.

fun workplace overall (because of the boosties) but bad management

Managers were rude when I worked there 2019, at that stage I was still very young and it was my first job. Often dreaded working with them.Fun atmosphere and great workers though!Pay was good, and good benefits.

Pros

Boosties, good atmosphere, benefits

Cons

bad management, overworked, understaffed

Fun workplace however horrible managers and pay

I personally loved working at boost juice and getting to know new people in the beginning but the management and store ethics were horrible it ruined the job. The pay is ridiculously bad and you don’t get paid weekend or public holiday rates which is pathetic I think. Wouldn’t recommend working at boost unless you’re desperate

Pros

- making new friends - easy

Cons

- horrible management - bad pay - overwork you

competitive and overall pushes workers to work harder and better which creates personal growth.

I think it's super easy as soon as you get used to the job and if you do well compared to others you can make advancements like getting a better wage and more.

Pros

free drink after shift and getting laundry fees for free.

Cons

limited shifts when you first start.

I didn’t mind the job to be honest, there’s always something to do and I enjoyed making drinks.

I had two training shifts (3 hrs each) and then I had to work a 5 hour shift ALL BY MYSELF, my first shift and I’m on my own, it was very overwhelming

Pros

Did get discounts on drinks

Cons

Working by yourself

fun but you're underpaid

It's good for beginners but definitely only use it for job experience and find a job with actually good pay and penalty rates. Other than that, it's a pretty fun job for the most part.

Pros

fun environment

Cons

underpaid, no penalty rates

Fun, fast-paced

Great for a first job. Very good training and super fun interview. At the beginning, management were super nice and friendly, however around the end of my time at Boost, management became more demanding and unkind. Staff discount is pretty good, however the pay is not great for under 16. Nice team members and clear jobs/responsibility. Overall, taught me a lot for future jobs.

Pros

Discount, fun culture

Cons

Short hours, low pay

Fun first time job with flexible hours

Working at boost for three years the store I went through went through 3 managers. But the environment and people I worked with was A++. Easy work with decent pay. Great first job, but really depends on the store you work at.

Pros

Free drink and culture

Cons

High turnover rate

terrible management, great multi-tasking experience

the job itself was a great high school/uni student job for a good amount of work and life balance, fun job, make great friends, cute uniform and good music to work to. however, boost stores are owned by franchisees and everything is determined around how good the franchisee is. i've seen too much responsibility placed on young boosties when management should be doing it themselves. over working without pay. firing/ghosting workers when they get 'too old = expensive.' i understand owning a small franchise is expensive, but taking cheap shortcuts, giving young workers more hours, cutting older worker's hours and not paying overtime is not the way to go. also i'm pretty sure i didn't get super, nor did my co-workers. great experience though and gained good interpersonal skills.

Pros

free medium boost, each shift

Cons

poor management

Very bad management, terrible hours, bad pay

Only good first job for the experience to get better jobs down the road. Hours were extremely long, I worked about 10 hours on Saturday every week for about a month as well as 5 hours on Thursday. I did numerous shifts over 7 hours multiple times during the week with only a half hour break. The pay is very bad considering it gets very busy and you are always on your feet. Management is bad, always yelling at the staff and complaining. The team leaders also made the younger staff do everything while they went on their phones.

Pros

Good music, great girls to work with

Cons

Very long hours, extremely bad pay, terrible management

Working at Boost Juice

Working at Boost juice was a pretty smooth job, there was a lot of communication between Mangers and Co-workers. The pay was pretty substantial, would recommend to others.

Fast pace and very cultural.

I have a great experience here at Boost Juice! However, 3 times I have had to work up 7 or 8 hours without no break while everyone got a break. I'm 16

Busy workplace with a fun team

Paid very poorly on part-time, but ultimately is given the benefits of holiday and sick pay. it can be a very fun environment when working with a good team.

Fun and Active

Lively atmopsphere, perfect for people with a strong work ethic as there is always something to do. Fun, easy work once you get the hang of it. Pay may vary.

Pros

Cruisey work with good music

Cons

Minimum pay

N/a

Working at boost is a lively and fun environment, however there are little to none benefits - min. wage and Xmas parties YOU pay for. The team is fun and making smoothies is fairly simple, however management can be troublesome if you aren't liked enough to be given "prime" shifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boost Juice. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Boost Juice with