Booz Allen Hamilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Booz Allen Hamilton Employee Reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Showing all 2,341 reviews

Competitive workplace

Booz Allen Hamilton has a competitive workplace culture, success is directly dependent on your assigned team and their network However, external relationships provide an opportunity to expand your network

Pros

Brand name company

Cons

Growth opportunities

Great culture to work for

The company goes above and beyond to take care of employees. Work experience is so variable based on client and job leader it’s hard to be specific about quality of work life balance.

Good Company but your experience is 99% determined by clients.

Overall a good company with benefits and opportunity but your experience is way more dependent on your team and clients. Very heavy client facing and can be hard to be promoted

Great diversity and workplace culture

Definitely appreciate the work/life balance but can be difficult pending the project you're on. Also, managers have a lot of control over the type of work you can do or if you can be elevated to a higher role. There are some bad apples as managers that won't care to do that or just have favorites but then there are also some outstanding managers that support you. Great benefits.

Great firm with wonderful colleagues

Booz Allen is a fantastic firm that pays well and treats all team members with respect. Like all management and technology consulting firms, contracts come and go, so turnover is fairly common. Fortunately, Booz Allen has a solid program in place to help those "at the beach" find new positions.

Ymmv

Some people love Booz Allen, some people hate it. If you buy into a heavy emphasis on “culture” and “values” in your workplace, you’ll probably love it. If you’re a junior employee who comes in at the beginning of your career, you’ll think it’s a great place that really cares about you and your career advancement. As a mid-career entrant to Booz, I’ve found that the firm’s emphasis on “goals” and “ development” is heavily skewed towards indoctrination of junior employees and discounts much of the skills and knowledge that experienced hires bring to their roles. There are a lot of inexperienced managers at Booz and it shows in the way they deal with clients and day-to-day operations.

No work life balance and full of burocracy

I don't think I would ever consider working at Booz again. Sixty hours a week is very common, and due to the high workload, it is tough to take any PTO. The pay was at or below average given the yrs experience. Their mid-level was very good, and I never had a bad manager, but the Sr. leadership did not know a thing about the staff they oversaw and made the work increasingly difficult as time went on.

Great work life balance

I learned a lot using the most advanced technology tools. It also provided tuition if you are interested in pursuing computer degree. Workplace culture is great. Most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to work with talent people.

Friendly people to work with, a variety, and high praise,

It was a place to look forward to working with,Management was supportive and appreciated my efforts. I would welcome another chance to work with them. I was a temp and released since the contract with the agency ran out.

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, friendly people to work with.

Cons

They did not offer me a permanent job, although they appreciated my efforts.

Good Company with great work life balance.

Lower salaries than competitors, but has government hours which is commensurate with the pay. Professional development can be slow once you hit Associate. It's all networking after that.

love it

people are there, the time passesyou get paid after you workthings happen there that are neat and smella lot of characters and caracatures are there

Work Life Balance/ Flexibility

Booz Allen Hamilton is absolutely a great choice for the work life balance aspect. They are extremely flexible and understanding which is very helpful for those with a family and/or small children.The biggest issue is compensation and opportunities for promotion. As a contractor you must carefully negotiate your salary upfront or else you will be severely underpaid and raises are pretty much annual cost of living adjustments….For example an experienced worker with a graduate degree was paid in the lower 40’s annually. Also I worked there for over 4 years and never received an opportunity to promote…That is based on “who you know” (Even after repeatedly expressing a desire to grow).

Good compensation, friendly environment, job security based on govt contracts

Good compensation, I had a great boss at BAH but you are at the mercy of whatever customer you work for. Good lateral cooperation in BAH and lots of training opportunities, especially to become a Project Manager (PMP training). Job security based on government contracts but they work hard to move you onto a new contract

Great place to learn

Clients are all government agencies. If that's where you like to work, it'll be a great place to start. It's an enjoyable place to work. Do not have any negative thoughts.

It was great

Wonderful fantastic place I can’t say anything negative about it. They treat you like Smfamily and make sure you are secure in doing the job. Will provide help if needed

Good company to start your career at

Booz Allen is a good place to start your career, the work-life balance is pretty good. However, the lack of growth opportunities, interesting projects, and non-competitive salary do not make it a place I would like to stay in the long term.

Pros

Work Life Balance

Cons

Lack of interesting work

Great Company to Work for

Booz Allen is a wonderful company. Management takes care of their employees and want you to succeed. They offer work life balance schedule. I left Booz not because of the company but the Prime's employees weren't skilled. A lot of the workload fell on me and the Prime employees weren't willing to learn and there was a lot of hypocrites on the Prime which was the driving force on why I left the company. Otherwise, Booz Allen is great.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Horrible Prime Contractors

Unbeatable culture

Booz Allen Hamilton is a people centric company with an amazing culture and a leader of industry. Cannot say enough good things about the standards this company sets

Awesome place to work at

Awesome place to work at, lots of room for growth and explore other areas. Management is great and always willing to help when questions arise. Great work atmosphere!

productive place

Productive place, learning ability, its good that they adapt to new situations. Nice colleagues, nothing to complain.In addition to this

Booz Allen is a great company to work for.

I enjoy working at Booz Allen Hamilton. Overall the only downside to the company is the lower comparative pay to what other companies in the same industry pay. The work/life balance is great and the benefits are great and they truly want you in a role that is a good fit for you where you can grow and succeed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Booz Allen Hamilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Booz Allen Hamilton