Boral Employee Reviews

Employer of choice
Quality Manager Qld (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 May 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Boral. Would happily work for this company again in the future. Development and advancement of staff, work life balance and above all integrity.
Pros
Integrity, development, security
Casual Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Isa QLD13 January 2019
Great place to work, they really look after their employees, productive management, easy to talk to people, provide a safe workplace, help you advance yourself with inhouse training.
Love it here
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW28 November 2018
Been with Boral for 14 years and never spent more than 5 years in a job previously. If you work hard there are rewards if you dont there probably isnt. It is a busy place which I like anyway and the people are its greatest asset. Systems that are in place are not always the best but it has a great safety culture and is a good place to work.
Fantastic Organisation to work for.
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 November 2018
I loved my 10 years with Boral Timber and the only reason I left was to relocate from Sydney to Bundaberg. There was always a great culture due to its inclusiveness of all staff.
I would love to work for Boral again in my new location given the opportunity.
Pros
Care deeply about employees
Cons
None that I experienced.
Safety V Profitability
Northern Region Health & Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD8 July 2018
When the new CEO from the US started, his first order of business was to remove staff that did not generate profit. This included a number of successful safety people.

Say No More
Pros
Great People
Cons
Managers are tools
Currently working at Boral Concrete Coomera Queensland.
Agitator Driver (Current Employee) –  Driver Coomera27 April 2018
Working with concrete and maintaining concrete trucks is a dirty, dusty and noisy environment. The team effort and camaraderie is excellent. And the pay is rewarding. We service all types of construction from foot paths to multi story buildings. Currently we are contracted to West Fields at Coomera. lt will be one of the largest shopping centers in Australia. A high volume pour will be 300 to 500 cubic meters. Each truck holds 7.5 cubic meters and the travel distance is 4 kilometers. So typically we will start loading at 0600 and run continuously until the pour is completed. Through out that time we will adhere to time and rest requirements and negotiate high traffic volume particularly during the school hours of 0700 to 0900. In addition we service our on going customers with house slabs and drive ways. Coomera is the the fastest growing area in Australia. The continued redevelopment means that we also service the civil engineering and pioneering stages. The versatility and skill set required comes from years of experience in agitator operation combined with 13 years of Army training. l enjoy the fulfillment of high demand and high responsibility.
Pros
autonomous tasking.
Cons
unknown finish times.
team is what i missed about it...
Machinery Operator and a forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Jindera NSW2 April 2018
good place to work. just sad that they didn't when to far...they end up closing down. I did learn a lot on how to work by myself at the best of my ability.
Pros
30 minutes lunch was ok with me
Cons
love the hours...long hours did help alot with my family
productive and good team
Clerical assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA19 March 2018
Amazing team leaders and fun people to be with. Hours were really good and they helped me learn about working in a professional workplace which has helped me a lot!
Fantastic company to work for
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Marulan NSW15 February 2018
Boral is a great company to be an employee of. Family, work life balance and old fashioned values are still in place. Flexibility and security can be had with this market leader.
long hours,night shift and day shift
Crew Member/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rowville VIC12 February 2018
My time at boral was great there are some hard workers and great company be prepared to pick up someone else job as there is always someone away in your crew and high management is pretty pathetic.
if your a casual be prepared to be watched and judged by high management
Pros
good money and a casual
Cons
higher managment is a joke and unprofessional
hard work but challenging
Batch Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  cobar nsw australia26 January 2018
strict
adheres to guidelines,
competitive,
overtime optional
workplace culture is mixed
a lot of diversity with the customers,
growth for management positions
hardest part is having to learn the contrast with all the types of concrete they produce all day
Standard workplace
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Springvale VIC2 January 2018
Team is well organised
Culture is great
Safety is excellent you know you will ve safe and go home safe.

They train you in all aspects of tile produce.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Dirty
awesome place to work
Maintenance support Planner (Current Employee) –  south au3 December 2017
Boral is a great place to work, very rewarding and the pay is fantastic.
Great work life balance is encouraged and they are very family friendly.
Anyone would enjoy working for Boral
Pros
work life balance
N/a
Customer Service and Internal Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Shepparton VIC30 November 2017
Factory environment male dominated, great friendly environment, National Company, ample parking, towards the north end of Shepparton, developed my sales and built relations with trade roles
fun team to work with
AP/Assistant FA (Former Employee) –  City of Sydney NSW8 November 2017
I was working as a contractor for 9 months, my job was to sorted invoices for payment, coded & batched requisitions and inputted data in the system, made sure that all cheque requisitions were coded & batched for end of month closing.
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
Trustworthy Company with excellent product and service
Warehouse Leading Hand (Current Employee) –  Geelong VIC4 November 2017
USG Boral are well respected within the trade and are an internationally diverse company who consistently exceed set targets and deliver a quality product. The company is also innovative, forward thinking and a world leader in lightweight plasterboard
Pros
Excellent Product and job security
Cons
Division between office & warehouse staff with lack of PD available to the latter
Procurement
Purchasing Officer / Contracts Administration (Current Employee) –  New Berrima NSW24 September 2017
Busy and challenging environment. Learning and development available to permanent members of staff. Living close the area was a definite plus. If offered a permanent position I would have accepted
Operater/lead hand (Former Employee) –  Herons Creek NSW19 September 2017
Liked working there the people treated me good made long life friends left because of personal problems with family and good work hours just needed more money
Pros
BBQ once a month
Cons
Overtime every afternoon and weekends
Good place to work and met a lot of good people there.
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Pooraka SA27 August 2017
A place I would work again and miss in a a sense. And the logic of the company was 95% been to different companies an they all say one thing but our the opposite of there company values.
Good brand and a good place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Kelvin Grove QLD26 August 2017
Good brand and a good place to work, it has a good work life balance, you are trusted to do your work and you are not micro managed. you can work from various site locations and opportunities to go into different roles.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boral. Our community is ready to answer.