Boral Employee Reviews

Love it here
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW28 November 2018
Been with Boral for 14 years and never spent more than 5 years in a job previously. If you work hard there are rewards if you dont there probably isnt. It is a busy place which I like anyway and the people are its greatest asset. Systems that are in place are not always the best but it has a great safety culture and is a good place to work.
Fantastic Organisation to work for.
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 November 2018
I loved my 10 years with Boral Timber and the only reason I left was to relocate from Sydney to Bundaberg. There was always a great culture due to its inclusiveness of all staff.
I would love to work for Boral again in my new location given the opportunity.
Pros
Care deeply about employees
Cons
None that I experienced.
Casual Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Isa QLD13 January 2019
Great place to work, they really look after their employees, productive management, easy to talk to people, provide a safe workplace, help you advance yourself with inhouse training.
Safety V Profitability
Northern Region Health & Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD8 July 2018
When the new CEO from the US started, his first order of business was to remove staff that did not generate profit. This included a number of successful safety people.

Say No More
Pros
Great People
Cons
Managers are tools
hard work but challenging
Batch Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  cobar nsw australia26 January 2018
strict
adheres to guidelines,
competitive,
overtime optional
workplace culture is mixed
a lot of diversity with the customers,
growth for management positions
hardest part is having to learn the contrast with all the types of concrete they produce all day
team is what i missed about it...
Machinery Operator and a forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Jindera NSW2 April 2018
good place to work. just sad that they didn't when to far...they end up closing down. I did learn a lot on how to work by myself at the best of my ability.
Pros
30 minutes lunch was ok with me
Cons
love the hours...long hours did help alot with my family
long hours,night shift and day shift
Crew Member/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rowville VIC12 February 2018
My time at boral was great there are some hard workers and great company be prepared to pick up someone else job as there is always someone away in your crew and high management is pretty pathetic.
if your a casual be prepared to be watched and judged by high management
Pros
good money and a casual
Cons
higher managment is a joke and unprofessional
Currently working at Boral Concrete Coomera Queensland.
Agitator Driver (Current Employee) –  Driver Coomera27 April 2018
Working with concrete and maintaining concrete trucks is a dirty, dusty and noisy environment. The team effort and camaraderie is excellent. And the pay is rewarding. We service all types of construction from foot paths to multi story buildings. Currently we are contracted to West Fields at Coomera. lt will be one of the largest shopping centers in Australia. A high volume pour will be 300 to 500 cubic meters. Each truck holds 7.5 cubic meters and the travel distance is 4 kilometers. So typically we will start loading at 0600 and run continuously until the pour is completed. Through out that time we will adhere to time and rest requirements and negotiate high traffic volume particularly during the school hours of 0700 to 0900. In addition we service our on going customers with house slabs and drive ways. Coomera is the the fastest growing area in Australia. The continued redevelopment means that we also service the civil engineering and pioneering stages. The versatility and skill set required comes from years of experience in agitator operation combined with 13 years of Army training. l enjoy the fulfillment of high demand and high responsibility.
Pros
autonomous tasking.
Cons
unknown finish times.
Fantastic company to work for
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Marulan NSW15 February 2018
Boral is a great company to be an employee of. Family, work life balance and old fashioned values are still in place. Flexibility and security can be had with this market leader.
Challenging enviroment with a great skills training system
Shift Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Queensland15 May 2013
A typical 12 Hr shift involved on call for breakdowns. If the plant was humming along nicely, then there were on going projects to work on. These involved constructing upgrade equipment to be install on a regular shutdown day, or installed at the end of year Shutdowns approx 3 to 6 Weeks.
The management were approachable and they listened to their staff. The maintenance staff worked well with the production, as everybody realized that a producing plant was easier on everyone. So problems were attended to as quickly as possible.
The hardest part of the job was working with some antiquated equipment. before it could be replaced.
The most enjoyable part was the project work, seeing a job from construction through to installation. Then Start up seeing everything working and realizing what you had achieved.
Pros
The shift structure
Cons
Long hours on major breakdowns
Production of Asphalt and spray for Roadworks.
Senior Business Analyst / Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Welshpool28 October 2013
Typical day at work is checking daily production stats and comparing to weekly forecast for the whole month. If differences exist, discuss with project manager concerned. The remainder of the day is managing a small team of 3 clerical admin personnel whose responsibilities are to ensure daily job records are registered in the system, Overall team function is to record project costs and to invoice for projects worked for the period to the customer. A task of mine is to communicate project margins to senior management.

My other tasks are weekly forecasting, quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting.

The hardest part of the job is ensuring the systems interface with each other and transaction drilldown in Oracle.

Management team are good to work with.
Pros
Good team to work with
Cons
No additional benefits, Hours can be long, System interfacing can be an issue during critical periods such as month-end.
focus on productivity & quality none personal environment
National technical engineer (Former Employee) –  brisbane22 September 2012
I've worked for the company for some time and was able to compare it to my previous employer CSR, both are very much the same, wanting productivity/quality.
In my role a typical day would be to ensure production/quality targets are meet and that the various projects that I am managing are on schedule.
Management like all companies are focused on their objectives and are mostly from other industries placing their trust & relying on your expertise to oversee the technical aspects of the business.
The hardest part of the job was trying to engineer the equipment to cope with the ongoing increase demand to productivity, quality & insistence in raw materials.
Being responsible for all aspects of engineering, tunnel kiln & dryer operations I always enjoyed seeing my changes whether mechanical or program come together to deliver a great product.
Pros
none that i could see
Cons
very long hours, on call 24/7 365 days for over twenty years.
A good company to work for ,but at the end of the day your ony a number in the system
Concrete Agitator Driver (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD22 March 2015
Boral is a company that has nothing but profit as its focus , Middle management can only be described as incompetent at the best. Boral are extremly saftey concious, and continually train there staff in all proceedures which I feel is nessesary,middle management turns a blind eye to what it takes to get a job done.They certainly have no reguard to the wellbeing of its employees.I found the work enviroment good and easy to do
Pros
Free uniforms although its takes more than three months to get replacments
Cons
very long hours at most times
Trustworthy Company with excellent product and service
Warehouse Leading Hand (Current Employee) –  Geelong VIC4 November 2017
USG Boral are well respected within the trade and are an internationally diverse company who consistently exceed set targets and deliver a quality product. The company is also innovative, forward thinking and a world leader in lightweight plasterboard
Pros
Excellent Product and job security
Cons
Division between office & warehouse staff with lack of PD available to the latter
Productive and enjoyable workplace. Friendly staff and Management. Considerable emphgasis placed on Occupational health and Safety of Employees.
Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  Prospect, NSW5 April 2014
I have learned to take on many challenging tasks within my defined role. Worked with very co-operative workmates and management. Most enjoayble part of the job was achieving objectives set by corporate head office on time, despite working with multitude of legacy systems.
Pros
Team bonding sessions
Cons
Long hours worked at month end and year ends to meet corporate deadlines.
Overall a way to keep us out of mischief and a new learning experience.
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  Scoresby, VIC19 September 2015
I was an occasional helping hand at my mother's company that she has now since left. I would help with filing, mail outs and basic office organisation. The work was predominantly mail outs as opposed to anything else.

I was under management of one of my mother's co-workers. She was easy going and showed me how everything worked and gave constructive criticism and tips on each task I handled. I was teamed with a couple of the other workers' children and we really didn't talk much, just concentrated on our individual tasks but the adults just left us to our own devices.
I had quickly instructed the others on a idea I had which was to share the load and divvy up allocated roles.

I think the most enjoyable of the day was when we had counted up all the mail outs we had completed and it was satisfying to find out that we had completed over four thousand between three people and in the space of five hours, which was approx. the same amount as always.
We got paid one hundred each so it was worth the paper cuts.
Pros
Free lunches and handsomely paid for a seven year old
Cons
Paper cuts and long hours
Standard workplace
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Springvale VIC2 January 2018
Team is well organised
Culture is great
Safety is excellent you know you will ve safe and go home safe.

They train you in all aspects of tile produce.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Dirty
awesome place to work
Maintenance support Planner (Current Employee) –  south au3 December 2017
Boral is a great place to work, very rewarding and the pay is fantastic.
Great work life balance is encouraged and they are very family friendly.
Anyone would enjoy working for Boral
Pros
work life balance
Excellent work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 July 2017
Boral an national company with many different building products. Advancement could be made Through the company by showing initiative and willing to work hard.
Pros
Company car etc
productive and good team
Clerical assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA19 March 2018
Amazing team leaders and fun people to be with. Hours were really good and they helped me learn about working in a professional workplace which has helped me a lot!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boral. Our community is ready to answer.