Box Hill Institute
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Box Hill Institute Employee Reviews

4.1Work–Life Balance

Good environment and friendly staff.

There is good life work balance at Box Hill Institute. It provide you discounted services for hair and beauty services, pet grooming, VET, discounted flowers, food, etc.

Pros

Job stability

Cons

Car parking is not free

Management hirarchy

It's a nice group of people bit atmosphere varies a lot subject to line of accountability and old friendship network. Managers spend lots of time in sustaining a culture of looking good at all cost.

Pros

Opportunities to progress in certain circles

Cons

Low paid, long unpaid hours, keep everyone happy culture

The management, Administration staff, and peer educators all worked together with common goals.

Working within the campus I was contracted to was a rewarding experience. All people working in that environment had the one goal of delivering high quality product to its clients. The focus was on continual improvement and this fueled individual efforts to engage and deliver beyond expectations.Support from management was a key factor in successful outcomes.

Pros

Good community of educators

Cons

Sometimes simple things would get a little out of control and make for a longer day.

Lovely staff and grounds.

My review of Box Hill Institute is that I loved working there, unfortunately the students thought they knew more than the teachers and complained if they got something wrong and failed. Management thought the opinion of the students was worth more than sending safe practitioners out into the community (nurses). "Students At The Heart".

Pros

Team work, colleagues

Cons

Long hours, management

Great colleagues and teachers to work alongside

Every day is never the same as you could be providing outreach to clients, and working in the classroom with students. The team we had was one of the best teams I had as we provided support to one another and communication was always open and honest.

Wonderful place to work

Box Hill Institute gave us plenty of benefits and took care of us as Ambassadors. the area I worked in was well organised and enjoyed their jobs which made the job more exciting.

Was once a good place to work due to a supportive team. However new management made the workplace even more stressful with a dictatorial approach

The life of an Educator is a demanding and unforgiving role, with very long & unpaid overtime hours, encroaching on weekends & family time. Yet if you love what you do and are good at it with proven results, your experience, passion , dedication and creative ability will count for nothing as the 'customer is always right'. This new approach to educators, by newly appointed managers will be it's down fall; ( introduced as a new method to keep students at the Institute for financial gain) and will only continue to get worse due to a huge dip in student numbers. The culture of encouraging students to actively 'blame educators' when faced with poor results is laid squarely at management's feet, and has led to the development of a spoilt monolith that will not be tamed or be put back in it's bottle.

Potential but not on the move

Great, mostly warm and friendly kind people. Little to no investment in technology which holds the organisation back and forces high performing folk into administrative low level roles.

Pros

Health culture across most of the organisation.

Cons

Very hierarchical, with a lack of accountability observed at mid to senior leadership levels.

New Style of workplace with conflicting management

Though an amazing place to work , struggles with changing managers and supervisors , as well as unclear guidelines and pay cycles made the Institute hard to work for at times .

Pros

Food

Cons

management

online work

mostly managed online with clear cut instructions on what work had to be done, very organised with profession trainers who monitor your work and gives good breaks.

Nice IT environment to work in. Great IT team to provide IT services all over the institution. Serving the student and teachers with IT related issues. Great place to work as an intern.

Not what I expected.

The manager of the department is only interested in the students being happy not in their academic progression. Some members of the staff are narrow minded and classify people into boxes without a reason.

A Day in the Office

Arriving early morning with a cuppa and switching my computer on is the morning ritual. Then comes the best part to Plan the day if its a Monday then a template for the whole weeks to do list is created. Office-works is great for manufacturing such great office supplies. The planned goals are then put into practice. By mid-morning I usually enjoy my morning snack and get back to helping clients from all walks of life. By the time its Lunch hour, I get my soothing melody music and enjoy lunch in the sun. The afternoon goes by helping clients, organizing papers, liaising with teachers and by the end of the day the planned tasks has already been completed and I head back home in the metro.

Pros

Great work content making me feel energetic at work.

Cons

Less Pay.

Very productive and fun

Great company dealing with public education. Lots of on the job training and great team environment. Excellent learning facilities. Dealt with all aspect of accounts payable,

Pros

Close to public transport

Resources are not great and had to work very hard to meet the targets. Lot of changes of have taken place within short time that effected many people.

Pros

RSL Box Hill

Cons

Job insecurity

Well what can I say...

If was to say anything good about Box Hill it would be the:- Students were Great and worked hard to achieve great outcomes.

Pros

progressive

Cons

no recognition

A great Institute to work for.

I held different management positions at Box Hill Institute. The management has a culture of encouraging and grooming staff to move into higher positions within their capacity. A great place to work.

Always work & support from colleagues

Amazing people to work with. Management is good but communication is poor. Absolutely love the students and helping them each day. Was only employed as a casual so couldnt comment on some parts of the institute

Pros

colleagues

Cons

communications

Great work culture but internal politics and lack of funding interfered regularly

I did really enjoy my time at Box Hill institute; the people were friendly and more than willing to help out if they could. I was often encouraged to offer my opinion on subjects I was knowledgeable on as well as how best to proceed. I was also mentored (when the opportunity arose) by the project director. However I found that internal politics and the TAFE funding cuts slowed many processes down which frustrated me somewhat. Over all if I was given the option to do it over again I wouldn’t hesitate.

Pros

Great support network

Cons

Somewhat slow getting things approved

Unusual culture

Most positions are under review, I am on a casual contract - job security is missing for me as my contracts have been on a 10 or 6 week basis. I enjoy interacting with students from various schools on different levels, assisting them with pathways into degrees

Productive place to be a part of

Clean environment, doesn't smell like it holds animal facilities so it is very hygienic, the staff are very compliant. I learned how to clean animal housing for the lab animals. How to manage the animal housing in terms of replacement, enrichment, monitoring behaviors and food cycles. Well managed facilities. Co-workers were well-informed and very compliant. The most enjoyable part about the work experience was the satisfaction of a job well done, reiterated by the supervisor.

Pros

Peaceful work, allows one to work in a calm manner.

Cons

Not all animals are cooperative.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Box Hill Institute. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Box Hill Institute
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?