Box Hill Institute Employee Reviews in Box Hill VIC

online work
Lightmare Traineeship (Former Employee) –  Box Hill VIC14 November 2018
mostly managed online with clear cut instructions on what work had to be done, very organised with profession trainers who monitor your work and gives good breaks.
Client Support Advisor Intern (Former Employee) –  Box Hill VIC3 September 2018
Nice IT environment to work in. Great IT team to provide IT services all over the institution. Serving the student and teachers with IT related issues. Great place to work as an intern.
Always work & support from colleagues
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Box Hill VIC7 February 2016
Amazing people to work with. Management is good but communication is poor. Absolutely love the students and helping them each day. Was only employed as a casual so couldnt comment on some parts of the institute
Pros
colleagues
Cons
communications
Great work culture but internal politics and lack of funding interfered regularly
Technical administrator - Reporting and SMS (Former Employee) –  Box Hill VIC9 November 2015
I did really enjoy my time at Box Hill institute; the people were friendly and more than willing to help out if they could. I was often encouraged to offer my opinion on subjects I was knowledgeable on as well as how best to proceed. I was also mentored (when the opportunity arose) by the project director. However I found that internal politics and the TAFE funding cuts slowed many processes down which frustrated me somewhat. Over all if I was given the option to do it over again I wouldn’t hesitate.
Pros
Great support network
Cons
Somewhat slow getting things approved
Unusual culture
Marketing Officer - Schools Relationships (Current Employee) –  Box Hill4 December 2014
Most positions are under review, I am on a casual contract - job security is missing for me as my contracts have been on a 10 or 6 week basis. I enjoy interacting with students from various schools on different levels, assisting them with pathways into degrees
Productive place to be a part of
Assistant and cleaner (Former Employee) –  Box Hill, VIC28 January 2014
Clean environment, doesn't smell like it holds animal facilities so it is very hygienic, the staff are very compliant.
I learned how to clean animal housing for the lab animals.
How to manage the animal housing in terms of replacement, enrichment, monitoring behaviors and food cycles.
Well managed facilities.
Co-workers were well-informed and very compliant.
The most enjoyable part about the work experience was the satisfaction of a job well done, reiterated by the supervisor.
Pros
Peaceful work, allows one to work in a calm manner.
Cons
Not all animals are cooperative.
Useful insight into TAFE Administration
Admin Assistant/Timetabler/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Box Hill, Vic.29 March 2012
I loved working here and found the staff friendly and approachable, realistic and genuine, unlike some of the University staff I have met in the past, who can sometimes be a little self-important.
Pros
cheap parking social events, lots of contact with students, pleasant offices
Cons
lack of fulltime ongoing roles, due to financial cutbacks at tafes