Box Hill Institute
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Box Hill Institute Employee Reviews for Educator

Educator2 reviews
Australia2 reviews

4.1Work–Life Balance

Lovely staff and grounds.

My review of Box Hill Institute is that I loved working there, unfortunately the students thought they knew more than the teachers and complained if they got something wrong and failed. Management thought the opinion of the students was worth more than sending safe practitioners out into the community (nurses). "Students At The Heart".

Pros

Team work, colleagues

Cons

Long hours, management

Was once a good place to work due to a supportive team. However new management made the workplace even more stressful with a dictatorial approach

The life of an Educator is a demanding and unforgiving role, with very long & unpaid overtime hours, encroaching on weekends & family time. Yet if you love what you do and are good at it with proven results, your experience, passion , dedication and creative ability will count for nothing as the 'customer is always right'. This new approach to educators, by newly appointed managers will be it's down fall; ( introduced as a new method to keep students at the Institute for financial gain) and will only continue to get worse due to a huge dip in student numbers. The culture of encouraging students to actively 'blame educators' when faced with poor results is laid squarely at management's feet, and has led to the development of a spoilt monolith that will not be tamed or be put back in it's bottle.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Box Hill Institute?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Box Hill Institute. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Box Hill Institute Reviews by Location