Brand Collective

18: Brand Collective Employee Reviews

Australia18 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Good working environment

For my first retail sales job, I really lucked out with Superdry. The people are great to work with, everyone's very friendly and collaborative, the pay is decent. Overall a very good working experience.

Fast pace

I m happy to work here and I learned so many things.. everyone is very helpful and specially my team leader and my manager .. I m happy to management as well

Management and culture are excellent!

Staying in one company for the longest time is one factor that the employee is happy where she works and happy with the people around her. I am proud that I belong to this company. The management and bosses are easy to approach and very down to earth. I very much appreciative of the company’s work balance program and policy. The management always find ways to accomodate my requests and gets it done in a manner that is acceptable to both party. They always consider the best solution on every issues that i raise to which I am very grateful.

Pros

Staff discount in all company brands carrying.

Cons

Too good!

Very physically demanding and over demanding.

To look like you know your stuff to the customers you would need to study shoes and their features for a couple of days. Job requires too much effort and customers come in thinking we have like a degree in feet. Other jobs I have worked, are much less demanding than this job. At certain times in the year, especially in January we can work 6 hrs straight non-stop and everything is rush rush rush and rude customers and sometimes we get asked to stay longer than our 8 hr shift on days when the shop is packed from the start of the day till the end of the day. Environment is semi good. But pay should be higher. Minimum pay is not enough for the amount of knowledge and the demand required for this job

Pros

Team is alright

Cons

Too demanding, Extremely long hours, Very Boring, Customers expect us to have the knowledge of someone who has a degree in feet, Like relax I havent studied podiatry.

Great company and great people

Very diverse company. People culture. Family and well life balanced. Considerate superior. Very respectful towards everyone opinions, comments. Open for constructive feedback

A fun work place

A very good company to work for with no pressure and generous staff discounts. The HR team is there to resolve any issues if ever you have one.There is learning and fun at work.

Racism and management chaos

Unfortunately, in 2019, racism in the workplace is still a very real thing. In this company hiring managers or promotion boards subconsciously overlooking black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates, and also you can see the occurrence of overt instances of discrimination and harassment on the office floor, it’s undeniable that there is still a lot of work to be done on this front. While nearly all companies have legally binding antidiscrimination policies set up, and governments have issued directives and legislation to try and eradicate this issue, it’s still worth taking the time to highlight the cases where things have gone – or are going – terribly wrong. With that in mind, make sure you still desire to apply for a job there!

productive work within warehousing environment

This job has given me experience in how to use a pallet jack, how to use a RF scanner and the environment of working with different cultures. The enjoyable part of this job is the easy work load given, The hardest part is getting to know the big warehouse.

Pros

Easy work load

Cons

Not many shifts

The BEST workplace in Melbourne!

Brand Collective is hands down the BEST company I've ever worked for...Senior management are supportive, understanding and encouraging of career progression.

Pros

Great culture, generous discounts, exceptional training and progression opportunities, charitable organisation!

Cons

Little overtime required during busy periods - like any job though!

good place

good coworkers and enviroment not too hard and reasonable money everyone is kink and nice provide enough break time and free coffe and tea recomand

Management skills poor

Management at the time I was there in 2016 was not the best, was rude to staff and worse customers. Shop had potential but not always open to ideas or change. Under new management now, manager is amazing now and big change in store and culture, very happy to see.

Pros

Harbour town

Cons

2016 Management

very physical job,

not good support from management, extremely physical and demanding job , not good for work , life balance , lack of support from management , sink or swim attitude , but i made some wonderful friends while working there

Pros

met some lovely people

Cons

up and down ladder ALL DAY and constantly just carrying loads of boxes

Great Culture - Poor Management

Brand Collective is a flexible and fun environment to work in, however there was a lot of expectation to deliver. The culture is fantastic and people are really friendly and helpful in many ways. The most enjoyable part of my role was having the opportunities to produce complete apparel ranges from initial concept ideas and delivering it right through to production. The most difficult part of my role was the enormous workload, which went with very little recognition and a fairly average salary. Unfortunately after many years of extremely hard work, I was made redundant prior to returning back to work after maternity leave whilst my position was given to my maternity leave cover. This was very disappointing on the fact that I wasn't really given the chance to return to work on a legal, fair and reasonable basis. They are known for getting rid of people with extensive knowledge and skill and replacing those roles with junior employees who are in way above their skillset at half the salary expense. This makes employees feel very insecure about job security. Management makes extremely poor decisions or turn a blind eye to obvious threats in certain areas and tend to favour certain individuals in the business. On a positive note, I took advantage of every opportunity that was thrown to me to absorb as much experience as I could in my time at Brand Collective and I am at the very least thankful for that.

Pros

Really Great Environment

Cons

Long Hours, Heavy Workload, Average Salary for what is required, poor management

Good

You will enjon to work safety warehouse one of Australia 's leading brands company. Good place to begin your career and then progress elsewhere, you have lots chance to improve your skill .

Pros

Friendly and safety

Cons

You have to working harder

enjoyable work friends

Work friends were enjoyable and friendly to work with, the company were always generous with putting out free lunches and the part time hours suited me.

Supportive, friendly working environment.

A fantastic company who are passionate about their people. On the job training, support and mentoring programs offered to their management staff. Generous discounts. Great quality brands with a solid reputation. Customer service focused with achievable KPI benchmarks. Competitive salaries. Positive workplace culture.

Pros

Friendly, supportive, reliable, upbeat head office team passionate about their people.

Great Culture filled with Opportunities

Brand Collective is a great company, they work with their employees to build their knowledge and careers. Each team within the organisation is supportive and willing to work hard to reach their goals.

Pros

Amazing Culture

Struggling with transition to private ownership

A fun place to go every day, lots of opportunity if you are young and retail focused. Challenging for career advancement beyond that as due to shrinking business fewer opportunities and they seem to keep losing senior managers.

Pros

Rooftop Bar

Cons

Lack of structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brand Collective. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Learn about Brand Collective in popular locations

• Brand Collective
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?