Brand Collective
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Brand Collective Management reviews

Australia15 reviews
Management at the time I was there in 2016 was not the best, was rude to staff and worse customers.

Shop had potential but not always open to ideas or change.

Under new management now, manager is amazing now and big change in store and culture, very happy to see.
Pros
Harbour town
Cons
2016 Management
Unfortunately, in 2019, racism in the workplace is still a very real thing. In this company hiring managers or promotion boards subconsciously overlooking black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates, and also you can see the occurrence of overt instances of discrimination and harassment on the office floor, it’s undeniable that there is still a lot of work to be done on this front. While nearly all companies have legally binding antidiscrimination policies set up, and governments have issued directives and legislation to try and eradicate this issue, it’s still worth taking the time to highlight the cases where things have gone – or are going – terribly wrong.
With that in mind, make sure you still desire to apply for a job there!
Brand Collective is hands down the BEST company I've ever worked for...Senior management are supportive, understanding and encouraging of career progression.
Pros
Great culture, generous discounts, exceptional training and progression opportunities, charitable organisation!
Cons
Little overtime required during busy periods - like any job though!
not good support from management, extremely physical and demanding job , not good for work , life balance , lack of support from management , sink or swim attitude , but i made some wonderful friends while working there
Pros
met some lovely people
Cons
up and down ladder ALL DAY and constantly just carrying loads of boxes
Brand Collective is a flexible and fun environment to work in, however there was a lot of expectation to deliver.
The culture is fantastic and people are really friendly and helpful in many ways.

The most enjoyable part of my role was having the opportunities to produce complete apparel ranges from initial concept ideas and delivering it right through to production.

The most difficult part of my role was the enormous workload, which went with very little recognition and a fairly average salary.

Unfortunately after many years of extremely hard work, I was made redundant prior to returning back to work after maternity leave whilst my position was given to my maternity leave cover.

This was very disappointing on the fact that I wasn't really given the chance to return to work on a legal, fair and reasonable basis.

They are known for getting rid of people with extensive knowledge and skill and replacing those roles with junior employees who are in way above their skillset at half the salary expense.

This makes employees feel very insecure about job security.

Management makes extremely poor decisions or turn a blind eye to obvious threats in certain areas and tend to favour certain individuals in the business.

On a positive note, I took advantage of every opportunity that was thrown to me to absorb as much experience as I could in my time at Brand Collective and I am at the very least thankful for that.
Pros
Really Great Environment
Cons
Long Hours, Heavy Workload, Average Salary for what is required, poor management
A fantastic company who are passionate about their people. On the job training, support and mentoring programs offered to their management staff. Generous discounts. Great quality brands with a solid reputation. Customer service focused with achievable KPI benchmarks. Competitive salaries. Positive workplace culture.
Pros
Friendly, supportive, reliable, upbeat head office team passionate about their people.