Bras N Things
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bras N Things Employee Reviews

Australia70 reviews
They offer great training in customer service and bra fitting. There are great opportunities although lack in the drive in keeping their valued employees
I worked for this company as a store manager for a year before leaving.

As a manager you are promised a bonus if your store makes its quarterly target, my store did just that. However, I was not given my bonus as they waiting until my 5 weeks notice was over to hand them out. The area managers are rude, do little work and won’t help you. They call you at three in the morning to get shifts covered and accuse you of things when they can’t be bothered to investigate further. They do not answer their phones when you need them and RARELY get your pay correct. You are told to accept or decline shifts before you start so they do not need to pay you overtime for working your days off.

Not to mention the bras are cheaply made and can cost as little as 1cent to the $1 profit.

I would NEVER recommend this company as a workplace.
Pros
Some of the girls are lovely
Cons
Area Managers, Head Office, Money hungry, Dont care about staff, Don’t pay you correctly, over worked TO THE MAX
Just depends on management
I have always had trouble with the clocking in and out system very hard to work your life around Bnt. If you have kids or study it is very difficult to work around, they don't give you much notice if you are called in however you have to give a months notice for any type of leave you have (if you even get it)

The work place can get very clique-y and this can become very stressful. This job has not been the greatest for my mental health. You can make some great friends despite this. The turn over has always been very high because some people are not strong enough to handle the constant stress of working here. Area managers can get away with belittling you on the phone and will not reply to emails or written replies because then you will have 'evidence'. I guess this can be with any company. As far as the motto: "empowering women to feel fabulous always!" goes? This does not reflect the work environment that is created while here at times.
Pros
friends, team struggle together
Cons
little compromise, 3 hours shifts in middle of day
An amazing company to work for! In my area the management is phenomenal. They are always reassuring our girls that we’re doing a great job and to keep up the good work. Even if our KPI’s are low they give us good advice to bring them back up. The pay rate is pretty low but if you’re working enough hours it’s manageable.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Pay rate
Things were fine at bras n things until after you pass the 6 week review after that they deem you competent in the roll and as a new person all short comings and issues fall to you as a scapegoat for management. Your roster is dictated by an area manager so if you don't fit in with the people in your store you are basically pushed to the side your contract shifts mean nothing they got changed almost immediately you will be made to basically parade yourself and force things down people's throats and if you don't perform they have a go at you if the store does bad the people who have been there years blame you as the new person wouldn't not recommend at all bad mental environment
I loved my job at Bras N Things! A typical day at work would consist of me building lots of relationships with customers and people that came into my store. I would try to learn at least one thing from having conversations from customers. The hardest part would be having me as my own worst critic. I was very hard on myself if we didn't make budget today (even if I knew I tried my very best). But I loved coming to work everyday and I loved the people I worked with even more!
love working there everyone is so nice and always polite the store was always kept clean and the staff there was very professional the working environment was so fun.
The girls are super nice and supportive at Pacific Fair. Though the company itself and higher-level managers don't care too much about the shop floor employee, the girls on my team make it tolerable.
The workplace culture at Bras'n'Things is overall fun and easy to engage in. The hardest part of the job is pleasing every customer as they come in various shapes and sizes. The most enjoyable part of the job seeing customers who may be a little more difficult to fit find the ideal lingerie to suit their needs and seeing them leave happy, then return to the store when they need to buy more. The management there is excellent, the Managers strive to meet customer and staff expectations. They do this by providing a safe space for women to shop and work where they never feel uncomfortable and are happy to spend time and money. From working there I learnt so much about KPI's and store operations, it was a great experience.
So I always wanted to work here. Now that I got that chance I left disappointed. Although it is a great place to work and you come across some great people, the way the business works and the hours compared to pay rate isn't worth the time.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bras N Things?
I enjoyed working in this company. Working as a team was beneficial for everyone and training nights were encouraging and fun. Learnt many skills and was always encouraged to try different approaches with customer skills.
The management was great, sometimes i thought the manager didn't like me very much but that was just to help me improve and she did me a favour and now my skills have increased and it would be really great to work there again as I gained some friends in the end. It would get stressful but it was worth it.
BNT is a fun place to work, but requires a lot of you. Every customer is to be seen and everyone is to be assisted throughout the whole process. The culture was great, and the everyone share's the same focus - to empower fellow women. My managers were wonderful, though management in general was full-on. Area managers called/emailed to speak with you up to 3 times every day to follow progress, this is the same in every store. Individual performance is closely followed and personal growth was very important.
Bras in thing it doesn’t matter how much money you make for the company or how many customers you bring in or how great you are at your customer service.
If they don’t want to give you a roll because you are a brunette they will keep you in the background.
Brans N Things is a very open and enjoyable place to work, the pressure is not overwhelming and you are always able to ask questions and higher staff are always available to help.
The overall atmosphere is amazing at Bras N Things and I am very happy to be employed there.
Leaving company due to company hiring new staff and giving existing stuff less hours and not being able to obtain more house so contracts were cut in half..
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
I loved working at Bras n Things because of the friendly work environment and the strong team connection. In a typical day, the team focuses on customer engagement and service and aims to make every customer feel beautiful and valued.
I was hired as a Christmas Casual. The girls there were fantastic. They taught me so much and were so patient.
The hardest part of the job was getting my head around their cash register.

The most enjoyable part serving customers and making them feel good about themselves. I can't believe I actually converted a lady into hating bras into loving the ones I chose for her. It really did make my day.

The Management was so nice and welcoming.
Pros
Christmas dress up
Cons
No cons
A typical day is ensuring every customer has the best experience possible, selling and recommending products and processing sales while maintaining a positive environment that encourages and promoted women to feel beautiful inside and out. This workplace culture is honestly the best I have ever come across and we all treat each other like family.
Pros
friendships made and over all experience
Cons
not the best pay
Job was fine and no a standard no brainer retail job
However the people within the environment were sometimes challenging with my manager at the time telling me off for saying no he could look on our website to a customer who asked me to try the bra on for him to see. At this time I was 16 years old, and felt very uncomfortable.
Nice workplace. Nothing bad to say about it except for when I had a 6 months trial process for the job. As soon as they thought I wasn't the right fit for the job I got let go.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bras N Things. Our community is ready to answer.