Breadtop
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Breadtop Employee Reviews

Australia16 reviews
Breadtop in the city center is very busy. As a retail assistance we multi tasking many role, receiving and processing payment, managing window display, making sure all the stock is up to the minimum level, serving and receiving feedback from customer, cleaning and washing all the tray and thongs and making sure all the customer receive an excellent service we provided.
-Repetitive work each day
-Early Mornings and sometimes late evenings

-All rounder type of job

- fairly simple to get the hang off

- 30 minute break for over 5 hours of work
Workplace culture.

Many difficults part of the job.

A lot most most enjoyable part of the job such as customer service by answering questions and concerns from shoppers.

Fun workplace to learn more things about bakery.
Cons
Long Hours
A great workplace with nice colleagues and boss. Get paid on time. The work place is clean. But it was extremely busy, I worked 5 hours a day but felt like 8 hours.
It is a busy job but could learn a lot about hospitality. you also can make friends in here. moreover, you have free bread to eat. and you also can take some to home when u finish your job
- Serve customers at checkout counters to collect the payment of customers.
- Respond to telephone inquiries, providing quality service to customers and associates inquiring about the availability of products or status of orders.

- Follow inventory control procedures to maximize product freshness, quality and availability to max sales

- Strive for quick complaint resolution, commended by manager for the ability to resolve problems on the first call and avoid escalation of issues.
Pros
free lunch
BreadTop was for my Certificate 3 in Hospitality. They were good in the beginning but as I got further to the end of my Traineeship they started to cut my hours down to 2 hours a week. The pay was horrible cause I was only getting $9.62 an hour. The bread and pastries there wasn't stored in the proper conditions they should have been. The boss was never around to do anything either. I do not recommend anyone to work there after my experience. The shop in Strathpine has been shut down.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Terrible Hours
Breadtop is a fast-pace workplace, you need to finish the task within limited time then continue with next task like this all day. But I learned something like fast hand, coop with team solving problems with team.
Cons
This was my first job and I only have fond memories. The people you work with are so nice. Plus you get to take some of the food home. I also learned a lot.
I did not learn anything from BreadTop that I already new. They only gave me 2 hours per week. They wouldn't let me use the coffee machine even though I have a certificate saying that I am capable to make coffee. I did not enjoy working at this company at all. I saw the boss 3 times the whole time I was working there.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Breadtop?
sometimes there is a language barrier, but still good, you get experience and they show you everything you need to do and help you for the first few weeks.
Cons
Language barrier
i have learn alot of things in the work is hard and longest work hours i ever done, learned about how to hire new employee to the work and train them.

and did learn about management of the store what to deal with.

longest hours working 13 hours from Monday - Thursday

16 hours on Friday

12 hours on Saturday - Sunday
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
long hours highest 13 hours a day
Key Responsibilities:
- Quick working style

- Cleaning work environment

- Fresh bread make every morning

- Good communication

- Coordination ability
Pros
Free bread
Cons
Very high paced work
this is an asian franchice company, the working environment is really competitive but l lernt a lot from it.l know how to effienctlt and effectively to finish my job and learned the management skill and problem solving skills under a high pressure environment
Cons
no break time provided without pay
prepared and decorated bread dough, fried and bake, jobs had to be done with highly caution but rapid reaction. Thanks.
Pros
10 dollar for lunch.
Cons
an hour for break
hourly rate is under pay
location is far for me