Breakthru
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Breakthru Employee Reviews

They have a diverse range of clients and the few people i was looking after was given to me through good administration from the office to give a range of clients to match my experience and skills.
loved working here their work ethics are fantastic. Would work back in this organisation in a heart beat. Management are very understanding and work life balance.
Supporting customers from different backgrounds and with various challenges to find employment or education courses to match their needs and requirements
Working there was an incredible experience, and I truly enjoyed my time. The place was welcoming, efficient, and an overall fantastic workplace. The leaders always ensured I was provided with the necessary information for each day, and helped me whenever I was unsure about something. The staff are lovely people and always make an effort to include you.
You will be expected to work, travel and attend meetings out of hours without pay. It is an expectation to meet additional KPI’s if you take time off sick. The staff turnover is high. Fleet cars are unmaintained and filthy.
My time at Breakthru was so enjoyable, I had a great Manager, who encouraged and supported me to grow as a Manager. I had a team who always put our Job Seekers first and worked to the best of their ability, which made my job a lot easier. Loved my time with my team, all my team grew as individuals and I watched them develop and achieve, we celebrated our small wins, which was a big part of our time together. Celebrating our clients and each other, with all the hard work each staff member puts in, helps the Team positively. I am still in touch with all my staff and my old Manager, which is a reflection of the culture we had within our Region. Supportive, Encouraging environment. Miss them all, and am grateful for my time with Breakthru.
Pros
Great Team, Great Manager, Great Outcomes
Cons
Some Long Hours depending on time of the month
Low socioeconomic area with poorly educated, dysfunctional clients. Majority of employees, including team leaders, are incompetent from poorly, or basically, educated backgrounds. Head hunting occurs to keep incompetence of workers and low quality programs/groups from being discovered by outsiders. NDIS will drive this organisation in St Albans into closure unless high quality workers from outside are hired!
I was placed at Break thru people solutions for my second placement during my Masters in Rehabilitation Counselling. I learnt to work with people from different backgrounds on benefits and to assist in finding meaningful employment for them.
Pros
work/ life balance
Customer enquiries, setting up interviews , helping clients find jobs, training clients for future jobs Writing up reports and doing the mail run filing, calling clients to set up intertviews
1. Tool box meeting 2. How to deal with client conflicts and to resolve them. 3. Always there for guidance and assurance for assistance. 4. Very professional 5. Teaching clients how to use tools.
Pros
Buy lunch
Cons
Drive clients home.
Break Thru treats Mental Health Support Workers as disposable. Organisation supports business, profit and covert government agendas. KPI was not applicable to some clients with long term chronic mental illness or intellectual/developmental disabilities. We were the main support for some clients yet were pressured to exit clients as “rehabilitated” to meet quotas. Old paradigm with profit above humanity and compassion. Forced to report to clinical services to medicate clients and support pharmaceutical companies when clients needed compassion and support and good housing and health. Do not work here if you are human. If you are a mind controlled, government supporting civilian who wants to support the agendas and propaganda and narrow world view of government and corporations, then work here.
Pros
Good workers who are compassionate, hard working, ethical and open minded.
Cons
Profit, business, corporation, Big Pharma, medicate clients to make them work like a good citizen to pay taxes.
People are supportive and friendly Management are very supportive and always making sure I was settling in ok Typical day at work - 20-30 phone calls per day Workplace Culture - Friendly Enjoyable part of the job - assisting customers and meeting new customers and learning about their journey
Good company to work for good understanding of people good outcomes great rewards good workplace culture until new manager started my family members died and was not given the right support Head office has great communication good training given
Pros
good training and support
Cons
bad business manager hired
I have worked for Breakthru for over 12 months. We have a KPI of spending 6 hours per day in front of customers. With travel time this is impossible to achieve. Most people do not complete there 6 month probation, someone has resigned or been terminated every week since I started. All that management cares about is whether or not you meet you KPI's and there is little or no mentorship or staff development. Apart from a 3 day induction, there is no staff training. All of the customers are disgruntled because they have had up to 6 workers in the last 12 months due to staff turnover. Once the NDIS rolls out they'll be finished as all of their customers will move to other providers.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
unsupportive management
lots of team bonding activities participating in harmony days, multicultural days, ANZAC etc work load was awesome very strict manager enjoyable work and awesome team colleges
Pros
close to train station
Cons
Basically the worst company in the world. They destroyed a unique organisation with their greed. Selling property they acquired during a take over.
Pros
Salary packaging
Cons
Unsupportive
My typical day was to run job clubs for unemployed people have meeting with job seekers, register new job seekers onto service,write detailed reports, the Manager was excellent a real people person and the staff were always supportive and helpful.
Pros
Occasionaly lunch was provided
Cons
Work hours were well balanced
A productive work placement -Team work is good - Management is good I have gained a lot of community services programs and community needs and knowledge through Break Thru people solutins
Pros
Job security
Cons
Long Hours
A demanding role handling a large caseload without sufficient support. At the same time I have a passion for working with youth
Pros
Rewarding when results were obtained
Cons
Working long hours
I enjoy the time here with them 8-5pmish 9 days a fortnight I have learned everything in the company other than accounts but given the chance could do this too Great office Management some are okay not all have great work ethics as in most offices worst park of the job....dealing with differerent situations on a daily basis and not really knowing what day you could have....drugs, drunks, self harming best part of the job... seeing the outcomes and achievements...jobs, licences, housing etc
Pros
9 day fortnight
Cons
longs hours with no extra pay
Strict policies and guidelines No training provided at Cessnock and Maitland sites
  1. Employee Reviews