Brightwater Care Group

21: Brightwater Care Group Employee Reviews

Australia21 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

doing a range of activity with the residents,was always supported with in my job,going on training always leaning what was changing and the new stuff coming through.

Very stressful

Always short staffed, working under tremendous amount of pressure. Management do not support the staff and do not appreciate the amount of work the carers do.

Decent pay....appalling management

Appalling management...staff running the show....promise of training but it never happens...very bad work environment....staff are extremely rude and not friendly at all

Pros

Salary sacrifice

Cons

Agency all the time...no staff...unfriendly environment...management doesn't manage

Aweful company to work for

There is little i can i say about this organisation that is positive. Do not trust their job descriptions. Working for this organisation they expected managerial position yet they advertised the position as one of a 'clerical' duties. They openly discussed how they are going to fire the next you

not enough hours

Having to bid for work, can only do at workplace so if you want to know if theres any rosters available you have to go into work and bid, dont always get

great place to work

Supports residents and staff in a home like setting. Has many activities for residents and ongoing training and support with refresher courses for staff..

terrible

iworked for them for 7 years not a blemish on my record. i was indiscriminately bullied and subjected to lingustical discrimination and racial slurs which i over looked. management pass the buck back when reported. casual staff get more hours than perm low contracted part time staff. cordinators have too big a case load. would not reccommend

Productive and fun place to work

Norwegian energy company Equinor has been told to provide more information on its environmental plan for drilling in the Great Australian Bight.discuss trade and other issues ahead of the one

Friendly, Fun work place

At Brightwater Care group I was made to feel part of a supportive and friendly team. Although you are working independently with clients you never feel alone, Team Leaders and Scheduling staff are always a phone call away and are more than helpful with any queries. The ongoing training provided by bright water makes you feel increasingly confident in your roll as a community support worker. There are also numerous opportunities during training to meet other support workers and share ideas. The clients in Brightwater are truly enjoyable to work with and often make work a fun, enjoyable place to be. The hardest Part of the Job i found was working alone on a daily basis. However the team meetings and training provides a time to share concerns and ideas with other workers.

Great Environment and Staff Benefits

A great environment to work in, good on going training and excellent staff benefits offered. Also flexibility in working hours. Working for a not for profit organisation you are eligible to receive tax-free benefits.

Pros

Flexible working hours, provided training, staff benefits

Cons

recruitement process not great, career progression etc

supportive

I found working for this company was actually fantastic they tried to accommodate the hours that best suited you there was always support when it was needed a typical day would be 2-3 showers a meal prep and a clean and sometimes a respite the hardest part of the job was not being given enough times between clients for travel although this was not very often

Pros

work hour negotiable

Cons

nil

Open plan office - all ladies

I start work at 0830 and finish at 1630. My job is people based. I take numerous phone calls from staff with pay queries, shift allocations and general questions. I really do enjoy my job but am finding due to the cuts in aged care funding that my job might be in jeopardy which concerns me. I would love to stay in the Mandurah/Rockingham area.

Pros

Fabulous staff

Cons

Job security

Great Company

Brightwater is a really good company to work with, good benefits such as salary packaging. They help their employees out to develop professionally with all the free training and seminars given to ensure staff are skilled enought to wotk in the feild. They also give free crrt 3, enrolled nursing and registered nursing to employees who wish to apply for scholarship. All the co workers were very friendly snd professional. They provide lots and lots of support specially to people who work in the field. All issues were addressed right away. Office are on call 24/7 when you need them rhey are just once call away.

Pros

Great company, good benefits, lots of support from supervisors

Cons

None.

Alot of traveling

I had to call on 6 different clients per day from Rockingham to Melville I learned to keeping client records to becoming more confident in communication with diverse cultures The hardest part of the job was to keep my clients happy The most enjoyable part was seeing my clients facial expressions when I call to their house and the were delighted to see me.

Pros

salary sacrifice

Cons

long hours and alot of traveling

Hard work, good colleagues, mentally draining, physically taxing.

Start at 7 am, shower residents, hoist into wheelchairs, assist with meals, toilet when needed, empty laundry and rubbish skips, get abused by some residents, get thanked by others for what I do. I've learned I can not continue in this career for much longer. Our deputy care manager has no communication skills, and she is quite rude and abrupt with everyone. The manager is very understanding and will listen to us, she has only been with us a short time, hopefully it'll be longer. My colleagues are very good, we work well as a team. The hardest part of the job is the extreme complexities of some of our residents. We are supposed to be aged care but it's getting more like mental health! The most enjoyable part of my job is working with most of my colleagues, we have a laugh and a social life outside of work.

Pros

Salary sacrifice, friends.

Cons

Deputy care manager, complex residents, physical/ emotional situations with them.

Lovely work place

Lovely friendly atmosphere great team work ,environment good. Training very good . Customer focused . Plenty activities for residents with dementia . Staff ratio very good .

Pros

Good staff friendly atmosphere

Cons

Cleaning needs looked at

Under staffed

It would be of huge benefit to both the residents and workers at the facility to have more staff on the floor. The patient to staff ratio creates stress and results in a lower level of care provided. The work place culture also contributes to poor practice in areas such as manual handling due to having a high work load and being time poor.

fun work place great people

some residents are just amazing will always miss them. will never run out of work, improvement and education of all Staff a major advantage for all concerned. Everything accomplished and stride towards is focused on providing better care of their residents with some nurses and carers going beyond their duties. Sometimes being overlooked. Brightwater the oaks is a fantastic facility and Brightwater should be proud of the staff that work there.

Pros

brillent teamship

Cons

bad compo support

The people are what makes the environment lovely.

A good company to work for. The people are lovely and make the place very enjoyable. A good balance of work and family life.

Pros

Flexibility with hours

Very rewarding environment to work in.

Typical day at this work place started with smiles and daily greetings from co workers and residents. I learned how aged care worked on a day to day basis also how to communicate with family members that did not understand the ageing process and certain diseases such as dementia. My co workers were friendly and cared for the residents and the job title they had. Hardest part of the job was not seeing residents have regular visits from family and friends but also having the experience i had knew that it was hard for the family etc to understand. Enjoyment from aged care work for me comes from forming trusting relationships with residents and seeing smiles and laughter and making them comfortable in their last years of life.

Pros

free counselling for workers and immediate family, free tea/coffee/morning tea.

Cons

no government funding etc

the best place to work, very good team work and the mangement is helpful

fantastic work place, I have learned a lot and improved my skills. Brightwater trained the staff and make sure their skill are updated. I love taking care of the residents they makes my day.

Pros

good managment

Cons

working hour restriction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brightwater Care Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Brightwater Care Group with