Brimbank City Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Brimbank City Council Employee Reviews

It was very multicultural and fun. The age was open and fun was had by everyone. The council supported the classes.. the parents support was very encouraging.
Bullies with no management support and too old school for the real world. Multiple times issues were not dealt with and was told to just put up with it.
Overall a great place to work at with amazing support and a helping hand. A great welcoming committee and everyone has an open door policy where you can always ask any questions.
Very individual position. Great driving experience. Not very good communication from management Not a good workplace culture. always being alert of other drivers on the road smiles on young children's faces when they see such a big truck
I love working at Brimbank as I get to do things that I have learnt at school and the people I work with are happy too teach me new stuff and we have a joke at work
Pros
Just love my job
Cons
Don't have any
Working as an EHO in one of Melbourne's most culturally diverse areas is always interesting and challenging. No two days are the same. I have learned many lessons celebrating difference in the community. The workplace culture is very supportive and welcoming to new persons of varying skill levels. Investigating, dealing and resolving complaints can be the most challenging part of the job. I still enjoy assisting and educating new businesses set up to the required standard.
Pros
Private use of fleet vehicle with fuel card
Cons
travel in traffic
It is a good work/life balance with the hours but would I love more hours as I believe I am a great employee and feel more hours would give me more interaction with my community.
Great friendly team and a great work environment. Office ergonomics are great as you can sit or stand at work with the sit and stand up desk pattern. A typical day at work for me at Brimbank is that work starts by 0815. I check in do the updates in the system to reflect the current day. Check emails for the and segregate the invoices both via email and hard copy within the Accounts Payable team and hit the road running by processing these invoices and anything due over the previous day with keeping n mind the code of conduct and business ethical standards During the course of the day we get calls from our internal and external customers to assist them with various supplier queries. Great management leadership team to work for with an open door policy and very approachable. Co-workers are great and very friendly and ever willing to help in times of need and above all very courteous and humble colleagues. Executing reports and working on pivot tables and v-lookup is pretty enjoyable as I get to share my knowledge through these reports and working with IT to derive some new reports to enhance the way we look at analysis for different aspects of the job. The hardest part of the job is that I am on a contract and it all depends on the budget available by Brimbank for me to continue to work here as I am filling in for someone who is away on leave on a temporary basis.
Pros
Friday catch-up sessions over a cup of tea and snacks, weekly team meetings. Monthly birthday celebrations
Collaborative and supportive work place. I have lead and supported more than 20 Educators, provided training, resources, empowered their skills. The job included field work, visiting families, connecting them with local services.The most enjoyable part was meeting people from varied culture background and assisting them to start new life in Australia. The hardest part of this job was field work in an extreme temperatures.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Brimbank City Council?
Since going Administrative duties I have gained considerable experience going data input and general office duties and I have enjoyed it a lot. I'm an easy going person.
Pros
hour I work
Cons
not workng 3-4 days a week and working longer days to make up for the days off.