Brimbank City Council Employee Reviews

I love working there
Apprentice gardener (Current Employee) –  Sunshine VIC7 April 2017
I love working at Brimbank as I get to do things that I have learnt at school and the people I work with are happy too teach me new stuff and we have a joke at work
Pros
Just love my job
Cons
Don't have any
I have more than 12 years experience working as an EHO in both Metropolitan and Rural Coucils
Environmental Health Officer (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Melbourne VIC2 February 2017
Working as an EHO in one of Melbourne's most culturally diverse areas is always interesting and challenging. No two days are the same. I have learned many lessons celebrating difference in the community. The workplace culture is very supportive and welcoming to new persons of varying skill levels. Investigating, dealing and resolving complaints can be the most challenging part of the job.
I still enjoy assisting and educating new businesses set up to the required standard.
Pros
Private use of fleet vehicle with fuel card
Cons
travel in traffic
Good work/life balance due to casual hours
Library Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Multiple locations7 December 2016
It is a good work/life balance with the hours but would I love more hours as I believe I am a great employee and feel more hours would give me more interaction with my community.
Funworkplace, Great Team and fantastic Work Environment
Accounts Payable Officer (Current Employee) –  Sunshine VIC29 November 2016
Great friendly team and a great work environment. Office ergonomics are great as you can sit or stand at work with the sit and stand up desk pattern.

A typical day at work for me at Brimbank is that work starts by 0815. I check in do the updates in the system to reflect the current day.
Check emails for the and segregate the invoices both via email and hard copy within the Accounts Payable team and hit the road running by processing these invoices and anything due over the previous day with keeping n mind the code of conduct and business ethical standards

During the course of the day we get calls from our internal and external customers to assist them with various supplier queries.

Great management leadership team to work for with an open door policy and very approachable.

Co-workers are great and very friendly and ever willing to help in times of need and above all very courteous and humble colleagues.

Executing reports and working on pivot tables and v-lookup is pretty enjoyable as I get to share my knowledge through these reports and working with IT to derive some new reports to enhance the way we look at analysis for different aspects of the job.

The hardest part of the job is that I am on a contract and it all depends on the budget available by Brimbank for me to continue to work here as I am filling in for someone who is away on leave on a temporary basis.
Pros
Friday catch-up sessions over a cup of tea and snacks, weekly team meetings. Monthly birthday celebrations
Supportive environment , great team work
Early Childhood Education Leader (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Victoria18 January 2015
Collaborative and supportive work place.
I have lead and supported more than 20 Educators, provided training, resources, empowered their skills. The job included field work, visiting families, connecting them with local services.The most enjoyable part was meeting people from varied culture background and assisting them to start new life in Australia.
The hardest part of this job was field work in an extreme temperatures.
Everyday if different..
Administrative Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Sunshine31 December 2014
Since going Administrative duties I have gained considerable experience going data input and general office duties and I have enjoyed it a lot. I'm an easy going person.
Pros
hour I work
Cons
not workng 3-4 days a week and working longer days to make up for the days off.