Brisbane Catholic Education
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Brisbane Catholic Education Employee Reviews

4.2Work–Life Balance

Great workplace

Kind, caring environment. Staff are great and welcoming, school grounds are nice, large areas for staff, onsite parking provided. Very inclusive school.

efficien, organaized, very well managed

All staff friendly and helpful and supportive- great Leadership team. Very professional and friendly to staff and students I was made to feel welcome

Pros

Supportive, friendly

Cons

none to date

Positive work culture

Excellent work culture. Staff are treated with respect. I feel like I am a valued member of the team. I learnt more about Catholic Education. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is working with students who love to learn!

Whilst it can be welcoming and open, each school is different. Head office and schools are run very differently from each other.

As a school Officer working as a WHSO the pay is frightful. If I worked in head office doing this job I would be paid $50000 more. But we are on very basic wage and bring in $25_28k a year. Most of the schools I work at are great and very friendly and welcoming.

Pros

Most people are great to work with

Cons

If in a school based position, school Officer pay is abominable

Great Place to Work

Arrived in the morning fixed computers and went home in the evening. I learnt a great deal working here as my first job, mostly to do with dealing with difficult customers and tackling challenging IT problems.

N/a

I learnt alot of different cultural and ethinic from different countries. There are several concern from the families background and perspective. there are more than thirty five languages speakers students in school.

Pros

N/a

Supply Teacher on call

Very enjoyable to get back into the classroom once again after many years of administrative work. I enjoyed being able to work on the days I choose and the year levels I found most enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was to bring myself up to date with some of the new technology used in today's classroom

Pros

working hours and frindly staff

Great!

Overall cohesiveness, supportive, professional development opportunities. I.T support, ongoing training and support. Better and improved classroom and specialist teaching conditions.

students were beautiful, some teachers shouldn't be teachers

Very rewarding work, the majority of students very thankful and lovely. Most teachers are dedicated, however, some shouldn't be in education. Brisbane Catholic Education can be a very nurturing environment for students. The hours are great for teacher aides, school hours. Good family and work life balance. Very diverse work, classroom, playground, library, assisting students academically and emotionally. Also with emotional support very rewarding.

Pros

the students, great hours for employees with families

Cons

some teachers not very nice people or good educators

Productive and a sense of community

Always busy-with wide ranging co curricular programs.Very friendly and supportive staff with common focus.Generally progressive in methods and procedures. Best part is the day to day teaching and while expectations seem to grow it is still what I love doing.

Pros

successful transitions to adulthood

Cons

fairly long hours

Jobs at Brisbane Catholic Education

See more jobs

Employer

Sets high standards for staff Ensures Admin Teams are focused and delivery the high quality for schools Well resourced and functional schools and a number of growing areas

Over all a positive experience with teachers and students.

The typical days was very busy preparing work for students. There seemed to be not enough time to complete all the work tasks. The hardest part of the job was dealing with discipline problems. I enjoyed the professional staff.

Pros

I like the people and students.

Cons

Never enough time to complete all the work tasks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brisbane Catholic Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3