Brisbane City Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Brisbane City Council Employee Reviews

Australia97 reviews
great
its a really good place to work no stress manage good easy driving same routes over and easy to learn good lunch room work matse good plenty of help avalible if required.
Pros
no stress
Cons
not many
Large organisation with opportunity
Large organisation with many diverse opportunities to experience a range of jobs and roles across the Brisbane local government area. Customer focused culture.
Supportive and professional working environment, within a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation.
There was a reasonably lengthy process to secure this role, and you need to be prepared to travel in the beginning as the position is one over multiple locales; however, the daily tasks are varied and I love being on my feet a large part of the time. It is a pleasure handling the beautiful items in the physical collection, presenting regular sessions and events, and assisting the public with their work, searches and inquiries.
Supportive forward thinking employer
BCC is a large organisation with fair working conditions and family friendly policies . BCC provides ongoing training and study opportunities. I would recommend.
Great place to work ( Virginia bus depot )
Managment is very good to me. Excellent support and training given to me. Good counter staff too. Good place for someone to start his career. I learnt lots of technical stuff and great friends
Always looking to upskill
Everyday is a great day never a dull moment always learning something new every day love the people in my environment hardest thing bout work is some incompetent people
Great place to work if you have family.
Would go in log in a few minutes before our start time
Check to see if we have any training for the day

Everyday is different, dealing with different issues and customer's

Friendly environment so it wasn't hard to adapt.

Handling high call volumes

Service knowledge was pretty good and if we weren't sure we had a pod leader who would direct me in the right section.

I enjoyed the different people we were dealing with. Solving issues and giving the customer's a satisfactory experience at the end of every call.
Very good
Love working on the council just think there's not allot of room for moving up the ladder the pays ok but they work us like contractors so may aswell get paid like one somewhere else
Get their moneys worth from salaried staff
Very busy responding to breakdown and planned maintenance.
Councillors requests for priority changes often dictated changing plans on the fly.

Trades staff not valued by some elected members and their staff.
Rats on a sinking ship
Weird dichotomy between ex police and free masons. Corruption from head to two in this organisation, blokes who were tasked with responding in severe weather events were so unionised they would make sure they were getting paid 15% loading before exiting their truck to help rate payers in a weather event. Absolute cowards.
Pros
If you are management you get bonuses for the work your underlings do
Cons
If you are an underling expect, to wear the blame for underperforming over paid middle, management who can hardly manage themselves
good experience and has helped me
when I would spend hours a day shovelling trash of neighbours and more I would be tired and often woke up at 5 and colecttted and go to Brisbane city council the next day
Very clicky
They care about a job over people and offer work/life balance but never follow through. Don't listen if you're struggling and No emotional support. Worked there 16 years and my job changed to something that made me very stressed then instead of helping me find a job suitable.. which they do with others, i had to have time off stressed and developed mental health issues as a result of my work environment
Bullying Culture
Worse bullying culture encountered in 30 years experience, management Byzantine tyrants, tall poppy syndrome is rife, replete with unqualified entitled staff manoeuvring for your job, no ability to manage contracted staff who literally sleep on the job. Run..run now. Do not apply to work here. They will harm you beyond words
Both highly professional and very pleasant working atmosphere.
Great support available, open information sharing, superiors ready and willing to provide any support, and encourage input and feedback. Culture of constant improvement.
Friendly and multicultural environment to work
Brisbane city council is a friendly and multicultural environment for graduates who are looking for getting working experience. They allow me to rotate in different positions, therefore, I could learn more about the main duties in each section of the financial department.
Fun workplace
Routine day in the office or go out meeting another office
learn asset management

got lots of meetings on Wednesday

work staff always have long holiday breaks

no job security

get pay regularly
Pros
some free morning teas
Cons
routine hours
Flexible and diverse workplace.
It is difficult to match the flexible hours and work-life balance. BCC has very complex systems and databases but provide training. There s on-going on-line professional development.
very restrictive on work life balance
a very stressful job with very little job satisfaction, little or no recognition for doing a good job, management treats employees as a number not as a human being,
Pros
uniforms supplied
Cons
management
Ambiento lavorativo molto stimolante e genuino sull'accento di sviluppo personale e professionale
La workplace cultura e basata sul livello molto alto che comprende la coscienza del rispetto per l'individualita con le sue diferenze e sopratutto sul equilibrio tra il lavoro e la vita personale del impiegato. Con le regole che parlano del rispetto per tutti nonostante la razza e nazionalita si e creato un mondo lavorativo dove si trova accolto e supportato nel livello personale anziche professionale .
Amazing workplace
Brisbane City Council has been on of the most wonderful experience ive had in a workplace. It was a safe and welcoming space where i felt supported. The leadership team is amazing and should give themselves a big clap on the back. very thankful for my experience with council.
Work life balance is at it best working for Brisbane City Council
I worked for Brisbane City Council for a project and I loved being part of it. Great colleagues who respect you for what you are and help you if you are a newbie. No pressure and value work life balance.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brisbane City Council. Our community is ready to answer.