Brisbane City Council Employee Reviews

great job working out doors just bad management
master 4/med 3 (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD4 September 2018
8 to 10 hours a day driving citycats,runing crew,refueling,water and sullaging.safety checks.continuosly dealing with the general public with all sorts of problems from medical emergencies to man over board to helping with old and mentally impaired people to engineering and electrical problems to avoiding debrie in the river.when it all comes together it is a very rewarding job,especially saving peoples lives.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
poor management at times.
Productive and interesting environment
Administration Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brisbane CBD27 August 2018
I loved working at Brisbane City Council, I had the pleasure of meeting very pleasant and interesting people and enjoyed the various roles while I was there.
Pros
Ammenities
Cons
Train travel
Enjoyed my time there
BUS OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD16 July 2018
Table tennis table indeed. Rest room. Canteen. Good facilities. Library. Gym.
Depending on your shift roster - some better that others. Learned a lot about myself and my capabilities. Enjoyed time with other members. Hardest part working difficult shifts or having difficult passengers. Incredible sunsets and sunrises - does that count? Great team of other operators.
Labourer
Utilities Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD14 March 2018
my first introduction into water utilities which I enjoyed, installed water meters, repaired water leaks then was involved in the construction and installation of water mains, valve installation etc.
Great environment to work - good people
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD14 January 2018
I was a rrelief Team Leader for aa seconded position, initally for3 months, but was extended to almost 3 years. The council outsourced its ICT operations overseas leading to the termination of my contract. I was responsible for the daily/nightly operations of my staff and the data centre.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Insecure
Great experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD9 January 2018
Great experience to be a Customer service officer with sia team.
working & patrolling the building with a great team members was a very enjoyable experience
Workplace is really cool with amazing city view
Service Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 October 2017
I have been working with Council since last 4 years as a contractor. People over here are really cool and fun-loving. They really believe in maintaining a work life balance including for the contractors who work under them
Very hard dirty work
Body Builder (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD22 October 2017
A day in the council was to starting with a bus chassis and by the end of the month have a fully finished bus that was ready to serve the public . Knowing how to weld, Read plans, Organize parts for the day, Fill in work sheet for my staff in my section, Meet time dead lines
Pros
Free transporrt
Mostly a good place to work with some good people
Counter Officer & Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Toowong, Virginia, and Willawong Bus Depot's17 October 2017
Dealing with drivers issues they face on a day to day situation processing revenue takings and performance managing bus operators. Learnt how to deal and understand different driver personalities some operators have the idea of them and us situation this is the hardest ingrained habit to break down as this has become an ingrained culture. the enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction that you have assisted a driver in need with a change of shift or offering them a different roster type of work.
Pros
Secure employment
Cons
Poor work life balance
Transition Manager (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 October 2017
Brisbane City Council is made up of an amazing group of individuals who all work together to get the job done. They strive to help each other out and the management is very supportive.
My first experience in the workforce
RECORDS CLERK (Former Employee) –  BRISBANE CITY COUNCIL14 September 2017
Worked indoors as a junior clerk, internal filing and systems related to brisbane city council. This was my first job after leaving school in adelaide and moving to brisbane
Pros
Being indoors, Good working hours
Cons
Lack of opportunity for advancement
Its fun and productive to work and a safe invironment
Bus operator (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD7 September 2017
I hav started since 2008 as a bus driver for brisbane city council its always been a fun and most xciting to b working for them they provide proper training for the task that you are aquired to do so,it interact with people and help them aswell looking for there safety and mine. At the end of the day the reward that you get is priceless when you knw evrybody is happy.
Inspiring City Council
Development Regional Mgr (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD29 July 2017
My role as Development Assessment Manager was to provide direction and guidance to a large team of professionals in helping manage the growth of inner and southern Brisbane City
Pros
Exciting, stimulating, always encouraged to grow skills
Job security employer
Truck driver/Cleaning Division (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 July 2017
Brisbane City Council was my first government employer who really cared for me in terms of giving me the right hours and providing safe environment at all times
Fun work environment to work in
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 July 2017
Brisbane city council was a really good workplace to work in. I learnt a lot of new things I'd never heard of before. I got to experience a different working environment. Everybody I came into contact with were lovely.
Pros
Fun work environment.
Great team environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD5 July 2017
BCC was a great call centre to work at. The CEO and management team believed in its purpose, and its staff, and ensured we had everything that we needed to succeed in a busy, sometimes thankless work environment.
Pros
Great staff benefits
Cons
abuse from customers on occasion.
Contract gardner (Former Employee) –  Balmoral QLD1 June 2017
Was an honour to have been involved with the floods of 2011 and the cleanup afterwards, I couldn't have been in a better place to witness such a devastating catastrophe.
Good company to work for.
Safety and Project Officer (Former Employee) –  Sherwood and Willawong Depots. Brisbane31 May 2017
I performed several courses and furthered my skills when employed by Brisbane Transport. I was employed by Brisbane Transport for 26 years and happy for most of the time.
Pros
Good Management.
Cons
long hours at times. Salary wage rather than paid for hours etc.
Brisbane City Council
Urban Planner (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 March 2017
BCC is the largest local government authority in Australia. There is a large need for compliance in land use matters. The compliance section is large with a varied range of job descriptions. Compliance and town planning are closely inter connected.
Very good place to work for
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Driver NT9 February 2017
Workplace very good
Easy to get along with
People are good to aork with
Driving trucks
Management easy ro talk with
Hardest part of job was leaving due to lack of work
Pros
Workers
Cons
Na