British American Tobacco
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

British American Tobacco Employee Reviews

Australia30 reviews
Being in the tobacco industry, they pay well to bring and retain talent.

There is only about 30% or less of smokers, so you are not expected to smoke.

They organise awesome social events.

They are part of a huge multinational with heaps of.moeny behind them
Initially I enjoyed my work and was looking forward to going to work. However it all changed under the management of a new General Council in the legal department. She along with a team of Senior solicitors were blatantly BIASED which is such a shame. All my contributions fell into deaf ears. As a result I was hoping I would be made redundant soon. The HR team were the General Councils puppets and would act on the basis of the General Councils advise by being very unfair. Although we had no say at that time, I would not recommend working at BAT to anyone given my unpleasant experience. Although I understand the company is great to work for. However the lower grades need to be heard as the seniors rule.
BATA is an organisation which challenges employees to bring out their best and to leave nothing behind. Working for the same organisation for nearly 33 years demonstrates I embarrassed the culture. I was challenged to develop myself and others while pushing the boundaries of new technologies and complying to increasing pressure to deliver on objectives from global head office in the UK. I thoroughly enjoyed working for BATA, my success in streamlining the day to day Finance activities unfortunately resulted in being made redundant on 31/12/2019.
I had the best time at British american tobacco and regret leaving. the management there were so supportive and helpful. great team of people to work with and loved dealing with the customers and sales people there. very encouraging workplace.
A highly professional work place that is fast paced and competitive. Lots of walking/driving involved, freedom of choosing when to work in the week. Independent work ie. no boss breathing down your neck. Best job I have had yet!
Great team environment, active and vibrant.

Structured career path and supportive management team.

Great and strong culture.

Most enjoyable part of the role is speaking with different business owners everyday.
Remuneration would be classed as high to excellent, however the you are certainly made to work for it. In saying this, there is a reason they're at where they're at in terms of being market leaders, the training that is provided is second to none.
Great company if you like large multi-nationals. Good culture and good working conditions. Excellent talent recognition policy - however it is a tobacco company and you need to accept that
Great benefits, good company, open space office, friendly environment.
Unfortunately frequent change of management was affecting working environment and overall team performance.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Highly Recommend Working at BAT - Great People and an abundance of opportunities to grow your career. The demands are high but so are the rewards. Truly Global Organization and becoming more globalized. Great Programs of work in IT and awesome IT Management Team, very well respected and really engaging to work for.
Pros
Career Opportunities - Travel - People
Cons
Long Hours & Sometimes very unfriendly hours with UK Head Office.
Empresa comprometido com a qualidade dos produtos e também com seus funcionários.
best job i ever had all my life working in Australia can not say anything bad about B A T.wish they her still here Good people good money.all round it was a good place to work .no faults
Pros
free every thing
Cons
good hours
Working for a tobacco company is always great; good perks including gym facilities. I don't smoke and didn't find many people in my team smoking. The workplace culture was fantastic and they hosted the best Christmas lunches.

The hardest part of the job was when Rothmans merged with British American Tobacco and they moved location.
Dynamic industry and a calculated approach towards business. Good work life balance. Progress from field to head office is highly challenging and aren't enough opportunities to manage expectations.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
No career progression
I would work there again. Received loads of support and it was a fun place to work. Lots of incoming calls from customers and general public needing to know about the products. Having to deal with personal injury calls was quite challenging but a great learning experience. You were able to have a laugh with your colleagues each day so that made the day a good one.
Pros
good salary and christmas parties
Cons
sometimes received cranky calls from customers and consumers
Great work culture with ample opportunities to learn and progress into different roles within the company. Most managers are supportive and provide constructive feedback to improve and learn further.
Pros
Flexible work arrangements
Cons
Political at times
This company didn't just talk the talk about looking after its staff it walked the walk in every area. Management were great always allowed resources to correct issues.
Benefits
Cons
Great company that will challenge your thinking about brand management and pushing the boundaries to not rely on the standard brand marketing levers to get a product in a consumer's hand. Very supportive and they have a strong focus on the development of their people. It's an inclusive company and they are proud of their diversity. Opportunities for International Assignments are available for high performing candidates. The people are great to work with and some are truly inspiring leaders. The hardest part of the role will be managing your conscious around selling tobacco products. You will learn a lot, especially around commercial acumen and interpreting data into actionable plans that are good for the brand and met company objectives. Highly recommend finding more about BAT.
Pros
Free breakfast every month. Good health options. Tickets to events.
The company really invests in employee development.
Does support work life balance (depends on your manager)

Most of the people are helpful

Good work culture

Coaching and Mentoring is a big this
Pros
Bonus
1. A great culture
2. Very rewarding remuneration & benefits

3. Offers numerous opportunities for Career Development - including secondments abroad

The organisation gave me an opportunity to develop into a multi-skilled manager and a leader of people. I left the organisation as an Executive manager, accountable for the second largest function in the organisation.

With BAT, if you are very clear with where you want to go in your career, the organisation has processes and pathways available to enable you to achieve your ambition.
Great team environment
Great staff benefits and incentives

Great working conditions

9 day fortnight

Great social events
Pros
Depending on shift - meals included - taxi vouchers home
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at British American Tobacco. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4