Broadband Solutions, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good company
Broadband Technician/ team leader (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MN5 April 2019
Had lots of room for advancement. Wish company would npt have sold. Benefits were good as well. Leadership was great and understanding. They were generous on raises as well
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Weston, WI8 February 2019
They treated the techs very poorly. They did not allow for adequate time off. They overworked their staff. They blamed the staff for car accidents that were not the staffs fault. This was years ago.
Dying company
Installation Technician I (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WI1 November 2018
To review I'll give you a story. One job I was installing at was a real pain, I had another employee come and help me and together we were out until 1 am. And had to come back the next day to finish up. No one was happy about that especially us. Be prepared for that a lot.
Third Party contractor
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WI23 March 2018
If you enjoy working for a third party without any satisfaction this is the place for you. The company contracts for Spectrum and allows spectrum to push its employees around like they are not human. If you have a family, forget about seeing them and supporting them with this job. they require you to work but dont pay you while they dont have scheduled work throughout the day.
They Try
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WI21 February 2018
Cable companies do not respect the contractors that they use. Broadband Solutions, Inc tries but they are underpaid for what they have to do and know.
Great
Broadband Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Weston, WI21 January 2018
Pretty faced paced, they need to take away later jobs or station us closer to home. 60 mile drive home when you're finished around 8 p.m at night. Other than that I really njoyed what I did. Wasn't as strict as Charter...
Working with other techs
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Milton, WI17 January 2018
Just make sure you do ur job. The upper management will leave you alone. It's always good to make sure you are in the area of other co workers just in case you need help
Scam
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WI18 December 2017
The production pay is a scam and impossible to get. The more jobs you get out the less you make because they keep lowering your incentive rate as you get better. Best advice to anyone who is going to work here. Take your time on jobs make sure everything is right. Because in the end you are getting paid hourly. Working in the cold sucks for what they pay. The summertime would be okay at the rate of pay if you could wear shorts and take your time.
Good job for a single person wirh no life
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Central,WI28 November 2017
Serves as a good go between job. Suited for someone who is young and single. If you want to learn a trade it's a good place to start. Traveling is a must with this company. Supervisors are sometimes unwilling to listen.
Pros
If you like working out on your own with little supervision great job.
Cons
Healthcare package not affordable, never jnow where you will be day to day.
Dead end
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MN21 September 2017
It is a beautiful dead end job , you can eventually get into a hirer position if u spend years there if your lucky . It pays well if u jump threw the hoops for it but if u mess up you are no longer worth a bonus even if u did a massive amount of work . Over all I would say it's a good job for a couple of months by no means worth spending years at .
Pros
Work truck, tons of hours
Cons
Hard to take a lunch, difficult to get a bonus, hard to have a life
very fast passing days
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  janesville wi24 August 2017
This is the perfect job for the young person who is searching for their path.. good place to work good people can be a little physical but generally not too bad for someone in good health there is alot of inside and outside work in all weather and alot of ladder use so dont be scard of heights
very productive, very rewarding career
Cable Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WI10 April 2017
generally worked long hours but work went by very fast. always busy, get to meet new people, travel around. Work by yourself. most days require climbing, using many hand tools and electronics. very educational career.
Pros
great pay, benefits, and incentives.
Cons
long hours of work
Fast paced
Installer/Technician (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WI9 February 2017
I really enjoy the fast paced environment and meeting many new customers each day. I love working outside instead of being cooped up all day in a factory like my last job.

Broadband pays you to train and once trained you get a vehicle to take home each day with a provided gas card. They also provide benefits and vacation.

Management is very fair and always willing to work with your personal life.

The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the things I mentioned above, but also working with the newer technology that the cable industry offers.
Pros
The day flies by because you move from customer to customer. Way better than factory work!
Cons
Slows a little in the Winter.
Installer/Technician (Former Employee) –  West Central Wisconsin8 February 2017
Overall Broadband is a good place to work. It gets busy at times and is sometimes stressful but it is very fulfilling work and at the end of every day you can have a sense of accomplishment. You get paid on the job training and a company truck after your training which you get to take home. The new pay structure helps to make it a competitive paying job if you are willing to work and do your job right.
Pros
Company truck, performance bonus pay, fast paced
Cons
sometimes stressful
Company sucks
Former employee (Former Employee) –  West Central WI25 January 2017
Management sucks and work/life balance blows. Single college kids great job for you. Have a family, look elsewhere.

Summer hours are long and winter hours you should find a part time job to fill the paycheck gap.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Everything else
Problem solving, working alone
Cable Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WI30 December 2016
Broadband solutions incorperated is an overall good place to work. Managment is good. Pay is fair, and your given the freedom to work without someone watching over your shoulder
Pros
Independent work
Cons
Slow season in winter
Challenging, yet rewarding role.
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN23 November 2016
A typical work day is very fast-paced and active, so you are never just sitting around waiting for work to do, which I happened to really enjoy, as I am someone who always like to be on the move. I had no experience installing cable before working here, but they offered paid on the job training, so I wasn't just thrown out there expected to know everything. I think the management does a good job, very approachable. My supervisor was a technician before he became a supervisor, so he really understood what it was like to be doing the work I was doing, so, if I ever had any questions or concerns he knew first hand how to answer them or help me out. The hardest part of the job was probably how much the schedule varies, however, if you just keep at it you have the opportunity to make some really good money. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone who is looking to try something new.
Pros
Issued a company vehicle
Terrible management, no appreciation to workers, half assed training.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN25 August 2016
Not a good place to work, bad days off, super long hours, low pay, and the management is sloppy. If you like no time off and bad management then go for it other than its not worth your time.
Technician
Technician (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin23 August 2016
Management is terrible. Do not work for this company! They work you to death. They don't appreciate there employees, it's always negative atmosphere. I normally try not to say negative thing about employers but you must run from this one.
Pros
Non
Management sucks
Technician (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WI16 August 2016
The management sucks, poor training and most of the workers hate to be there making it a bad environment. Very high on lay offs, making the workers have extremely long hours with little days off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broadband Solutions, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9