Broadcom
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Broadcom Employee Reviews

Broadcom is a challenging place to work where much is expected from you, but the compensation makes it worth it. One is expected to put in a considerable number of extra hours, but it is recognized when the customer is pleased by the work of an individual. I was able to hone skills in new areas as well as apply my many years of experience to the tasks given. The best part of the job was working with those around me in the office, all top notch professionals.
Pros
Compensation, great talented coworkers
Cons
Long hours, somewhat stressful scheduling
Work-life balance
Work-life balance at Broadcom was very hard to do with working 12-hour schedules. I left me little time for my family when I got home.

Pay & benefits

My pay and benefits at Broadcom. I felt like I was underpaid for the amount of work I did but the benefits they had overall were fairly good.

Job security and advancement

In terms of job security at Broadcom, I think most workers don't feel secure about their job because of the issues with the pandemic right now.

In general the supervisors were genuine people but as for management that was a whole different story.

Collaboration with my colleagues at Broadcom was very enjoyable.

Overall

I learned a lot about semiconductors while working at broadcom.
I was well compensated during my time at Broadcom. It is very much a self services company...when trying to find something out, the answers are there you just have to find them
Pros
nice office
Cons
pretty rigid enviroment
Chinese management Mandate software professionals to work from office during Covid 19 pandemic in Aug 2020, where every day more than 3000 new corona cases reported in the city. Almost every day get HR notification to inform confirm corona cases in office.

Broadcom famous for layoffs, no stability at all.

Old legacy employees not allow to sustain new resources and gradually they become eligible for layoffs.

Broadcom offer good stocks during joining which created after 12-15 months but don't join only due to this good figure because to sustain 12-15 months in Broadcom is really challenges and luck based.

Not at all employee oriented company and no one care employees. At least until Chinese CEO will not leave this company.

Pros
Sorry NA
Great place to work , nice cultural environment ,

Work life balance , nice play g ro und

Nic e canteen , work fro home

,,...
I was recruited away from a great job with the promise that this was not the same old CA. Never should have drank the Cool Aid. I got laid off (again) after 15 months.
Pros
Compensation was Awesome!
Cons
Forced me to go into the office, 43 miles from home!
One of the best companies I ever worked. The work was challenging but fun. The people were great. I was given the opportunity to learn and grow both personally and professionally.
do not attract by shares that is offered.You will be fired even after 6 months of joining.Do not join and spoil with your career.RSU will attract you most to join,but you will be spoiled
Pros
Cons
stressful, get bP suger, diabetis
Broadcom is not a safe and employee oriented company

No one care about employees health and safety

Still in 21st century no concept of WFH as such

Worst medical insurance coverage

Still In/Out time boundation.

Layoffs are quite frequent. No job security. At any point of time you will be looser regardless how much technical sound and capable you are.

And top of that company pushing hard for software professionals to visit office full day in corona crisis during July 2020. Where in Bangalore every day 2000 new corona cases are reported. And to visit office and do all interaction through IM messengers/Calls and emails. Without any reason company putting their software professional life in danger.

- Till now multiple corona infected case reported in office but no concept of colleague quarantine, no proper sanitization even now no one check your body temp. before entering into office. Software professionals are putting their life in danger as they don't have any other option, no jobs in the market.
Pros
stock options

- During this covid19 panic situation in Bangalore during July 2020, company are pushing hard to their software professionals to visit office and no WFH most of the time. I don't understand who take this kind of decision, how an software professional can give optimum performance to work in danger and wear PPE kit and mask and than work on laptop for 6-8 hrs?

- Along with work in office during corona peak crisis, company are doing layoff their employees . No one can amazing the mental pressure to work with Broadcom.

- Anyway favorite for well known company for firing the employees

- Still in/out time management by the HR

- Anyway favorite for well known company for firing the employees

- Still in/out time management by the HR
Pros
Salary and stocks are good compare to consulting company
Must have great attitude and attendance! The schedule is amazing but it comes with long hours and lots of time on your feet. The pros on the job and extra benefits are incredible.
- Not a employee friendly company. Management working as a dictator.
- No one take care about employees. For example in this current Covid-19 crisis in India during June 2020, Management are pushing their software professionals to work from office without any dependencies, to visit office and do all work through video,audio, IM and emails that not make any sense.
Pros
Salary and stocks is good but no sense if employee health and care is not there
Cons
Employees are treated like labor, no work from concept yet. stil in/out time cocept
Competitive,Challenging and rewarding environment. Great skill development programs and opportunity to learn lot in various functions and domain. Balanced Work life and supportive management
Very straightforward company. Focused on shareholder value, frugality and getting things done. This is not the a place where you can expect game rooms and hugs, but you can expect to be paid well.
Very bad company. They don't have any concerns with the employees. Management is very bad they always try to remove the people from job. It's the worst place to work. They even don't provide good package ,facilities to employees.
Working experience bery awesome ,shifts work fair,night shift pattern liked mostly,sup veey fair ,good salary ,good bonus,good management ,Provide skillfull trainers
no focus on employee satisfaction. Focus on individual versus team achievements. Who you know is more important than what you know. Secrecy. Management does not emphasize team building.
It is hard to beat the pay at Broadcom, but there is no security and little work/life balance. Upper management was mostly silent. It was up to the front-line manager to try to keep the teams informed as best we could, even though most often we were just as uninformed
Productive, nice environment, good colleagues, learned new technologies. Worked towards the success of the product. got good opportunities, Had fun experience.
You are asked to do a lot which is great for experience and exposure. Burn out is real while there is no true sense of uniformity or process. Expectations vary from manager to manager with a heavy focus on revenue. Disparity in benefits by geographic location. Slow advancement if at all. Salary increments are non-existent. RSUs are great and vest regularly. The company landscape changes frequently resulting in a regular carousel if responsibilities, management, vision, direction, and staff. In one word, a Ruthless environment.