Broadcom Employee Reviews

My division was let shutdown
Sr. Director of Server Product Marketing (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX1 August 2018
The server business was a great idea to enter, but they cancelled the project and let all the good people go.

Let Intel and Qualcomm take all the profit.....
Pros
Great facilities and programs
Cons
short term focused
Equipment Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO15 July 2018
Management allows engineering to work through problems and provide robust solutions. Performance is recognized and rewarded with opportunities for career advancement. Good work life balance and great compensation & benefits.
Nice Place to work and start a carrer
Full stack web software developer (Current Employee) –  Banglore , India11 July 2018
1) Chance to learn and work with experts in the field .
2) Chance to learn cutting edge technologies .
3) The management is helpful most of the times .
As a Fresh Graduated before I learned a lot in Broadcom Asia.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ortigas7 July 2018
As I start my journey as Accounting Assitant in Boardcom Asia, I learned a lot. How to be independent in job, how to communicate directly to the Boss or Owner and be independent as only one Accounting Staff in Accounting Department.
Good Pay, unpredictable work load
operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO24 June 2018
Great place to work but once business slows down they will start cutting any temp workers. Company cracks down on attendance more than work ethic. as long as you show up, the company is happy. If you work here I highly suggest that you always show up and don't work so hard that you burn yourself out and need to call in for mental health days, or your days here are numbered.
Pros
2 hours worth of breaks, easy job, good pay
Cons
job security is low, 12 hour shifts, shift rivalry
Great workplace but it’s starting to change
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PA 1803122 June 2018
Broadcom WAS an amazing company to work for. Recently the management change and work slowed down. They are only worried about being competitive, hours were cut and benefits started to dwindle. Any “perk” that Broadcom offered started to disappear. They used to take care of employees now it seems they couldn’t care less.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Everything else
Fabulous company to work for
Admin Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO18 June 2018
Broadcom has great benefits. They are mindful of your health and fitness and provide opportunities like workout rooms, classes, and time off. I am an contractor there and everyone is treated fairly. I love meeting new people everyday and hearing about their lives.
Pros
Clinic on site, fitness classes, friendly work environment
Cons
Contractor's like myself are treated well, but don't get the benefits
Broadcom is a great company for work for
Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA17 June 2018
Good team work, good communication. Great bonus every quarter. Learned a lot from co-workers. We have to work on the weekend when new product released from design engineers. Friendly working environment
Pros
Company paid 60% lunch and free snacks daily after 3:00pm
Cons
Works very hard/late to meet customer orders
Productive and always open for new technologies
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Telangana11 June 2018
I started my career with Broadcom. Learnt new technologies like python basics. Got many appreciations for the work i did. I also had much work pressure some days couldnt able to resist some days though it worth. Overall its nice experience with very good salary.
Pros
Salary hikes
Fast paced manufacturing
Production Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO6 June 2018
The alternative work schedule is a big plus in the work-life balance. Some compensation policies discourage good workers from trying to move up.

Excellent OTJ training and corporate training.
Pros
Great schedule, paid lunches and breaks. Good benefit packages. Good people to work with
Cons
Compensation
R&D Hardware Engineer & Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA5 June 2018
Lots of freedoms, but a very feverish pace of work. If your group does well at there job and in the market, you will be reworded well. Very nice campus.
Nice team and culture, work life balance
Sr. Staff System Scientist (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA2 June 2018
Nice team and focused management team; Good engineering execution; Good place to gain engineering knowledge; work life balance. Too much talent loss after the merge.
Pros
cutting edge technology; work life balance
Cons
Not pushing hard on innovation after the merge
amazing place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA1 June 2018
Very competitive yet a good work-life balance, career growth is good, compensation is very attractive, few meetings, main focus is to get the work done!
Great company to work for
Principal Developer (Former Employee) –  Singapore24 May 2018
I remained employed for the majority of my stint there, before the acquisition. During my time, I can say that it was the best companies to work for. It gave me an opportunity to contribute, learn and mentor. I was lucky to have worked for my management who happened to be very compassionate, astute and provided guidance all the way through. It also gave me the opportunity to work with people from around the world (since it was and still is a global company). I learned a lot while working with these awesome colleagues and consultants.
My job was to design and develop the new solutions and then work with support teams to keep the lights on in production.
The hardest part of my job was also the most enjoyable as I worked in IT department and the systems run 24/7, therefore, I had to remain available and work across time zones, at times it would get challenging but for the most part, it was great as I had the backing of the amazing tech support, business analysis teams and my management of course.
Pros
Business travel, attending conferences, lunch and learn sessions, decent perks, competitive salary package with RSUs and bonuses, work from home
Cons
The work routine was challenging, way too many meetings especially while the company was in implementing a new ERP system, turned a little bureaucratic in the last couple of years before the acquisition
Poor Job culture
Network Switch Intern (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA18 May 2018
The compensation, benefits, PTO are very good
Poor senior leadership, lack of integrity and trust in leaders, culture is to squeeze every penny out of each division by continually cutting expenses and head count.
Work execution is greatly rewarded
Principal, IC Package Signal and Power Integrity (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA17 May 2018
Great company to work with. CEO delivers. People are collaborative due to division bonus opportunities. Bonus payout scheme is well-defined and generous. Business units are lean so there is less bureaucracy. Employees affected by RIF are given months ahead notice so they can look for internal or external career opportunities. Managers are authorized to recommend RIF'ed employees externally.
Pros
CEO consistently delivers. Generous well-defined bonus pay-out scheme. Unlimited vacation days
Cons
Lean organization needing work automation and extreme time management skills, offices in San Jose Ridder Park are small, finding parking spot is hard, cafeteria food is below average
Not bad place, too overloaded with different projects
Senior Principal Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA14 May 2018
Good place to work in terms of stability . Main problem of company - too many aquisitions, sometimes people do not correspond the required qualification, because jumping from one project to other and similar management problems.
Great place and great pay.
Junior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA7 May 2018
Great place to work, Always around a group of motivated individuals. Good pay and good perks. Work will never be stressful in this environment. I strongly recommend this.
boring and life sucking
Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO3 May 2018
Broadcom is a company where if you don't know someone above you, you will never move out from operations. Basically you have to kiss a lot of butts to get a better job at the company.
Pros
time off, long lunches
Cons
long work days, boring work
Incredible product portfolio and engineering talent
Manager (Current Employee) –  California1 May 2018
The CEO has built a business with an incredible set of franchise products. He's mastered the art of extracting maximum value from those franchises from customers, service providers, manufacturing partners and employees alike. This is a company constantly under construction for the benefit of the shareholder.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broadcom. Our community is ready to answer.