Broadspectrum Employee Reviews

excellent work place
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT29 April 2019
excellent work place good company to work for learnt a lot with in the company training was provided if needed overall really enjoyed working for the company
Very poor management
Prisoner transport (Current Employee) –  Western Australia22 April 2019
Lots of cover up of not reporting incident so it will be not long to come to another wand case in the prisoners transport I have try to tell them. I have been bully and threatened by officers and been stood down because I said something of what’s going on there. I tell management but they do not what to know.
Pros
I have a job
Cons
They do not list to you
Worst company I've ever worked for.
Commercial Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Central Coast NSW11 April 2019
Absolutely terrible company and working conditions. You have to get up at 3am and you don't even get penalties in your pay. Management doesn't care at all, and they neglect to pay you properly. I have had to go to the Fair Work ombudsman to chase up hundreds of dollars owed to me by slack and uncaring management. They refuse to reply to my emails and text messages, I have contacted both Payroll and Management and they completely neglect my communication, even after I warned them that I would approach Fair Work.
Would not recommend working for this company at all, save your application for a more reputable organisation.
Pros
Cons
Everything. Management, company, pay and conditions
Brief History
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  FIFO6 March 2019
Broadspectrum formerly known as Transfield Group and are a large Engineering and logistics firm that deal with offshore processing for refugees on Manus Island Nauru and Christmas Island.

In my role I was employed to teach English to refugees at the Lombrum Naval Base on Manus Island in Papua New Guinea.

The job consisted of FIFO work consisting of the ratio 3:3
(3 weeks on and weeks off)
The job was a high stress work environment with unpredictable conditions that could emerge at any given moment as well as the oppressive humidity, heat and working facilities.
Pros
Experience/Salary
Cons
Harsh Environmental Condtions
Its an average company to work with
Contact Centre agent (Current Employee) –  Parramatta NSW7 February 2019
Being an after hours agent, the work is done under minimum supervision therefore it has taught me to be work independently and with honesty.
The management is very supportive of your decisions and career path you desire for and is also very flexible to work around your schedule to strike a balance between work and personal life especially for working mothers.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
They need to work more on employee motivational programmes
Fun and Enjoyable to work with
Quality Administrator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Australia30 January 2019
I was happy and content working with Broadspectrum because of the staff and environment.

The management is very flexible to all their staff and caring.
Good and safe work place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sydney Northern Suburbs NSW2 January 2019
Good company with supporting supervisor.
pay on weekly which was great
work monday to friday
mixed culture at work
some time need to use machine and climbing machine in stairs without any help was awful
Pros
supportive
Cons
broken hours
Fun
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Roxby Downs SA29 December 2018
Good environment for people to work in. Have had some good learning experiences with different equipment and people who are experienced what they do. Good
Not good at all
Area supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 December 2018
This company is not for those who wants to work hard and step up to the better roles.There's no fair evaluation of performance. Huge discrimination prevail within the company.High performing staffs are always kept in the same position, they never get promoted so that the senior managers do not need to worry about the person's area.
Pros
Having a job is better than not having one.
Cons
Couldn't find anything positive except I made some friends.
essential, exicting job role
High Voltage Linesman Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA7 October 2018
I enjoyed having the privilege of the experience an apprenticeship as a linesmen, I learnt a lot about assembly and errection of high voltage tower structures and some of the tasks involved in the maintenance and installation hardware in an de-energised environment, I have also been apart of stringing operations involving blocking and laying earths upon the line.
Let you 'get on with it'
Off sider (Former Employee) –  Perth WA25 September 2018
Lots to do with not much time to do it in. OH&S takes a priority and sometimes gets in the way but you appreciate getting home safe end of day. Management/ co-workers are just fine.
Pros
reasonable pay
Cons
they work you good for it
safety not good
School Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 September 2018
you start early 4:00am which not paying penalty for working hat time. even holidays no penalty pay. safety wise is not good because you will work in school with other worker far from you you can not see each other you will not know whats going on the other side. free uniform but no supplies when Broadspectrum got the contract
Pros
free uniform
Cons
long hours no overtime pay
Challenging job but fun.
Range Controller/Caretaker/Security/liaison (Former Employee) –  Lancelin WA6 September 2018
Time management is required.
Learning was always ongoing
Management some times needed to lean on the workers to completed their goals.

Workplace was casual to fulfil job requirements.

Keeping up with the KPI's

Trying to keep defence requirements going .
Pros
time management
Cons
some time long hrs
Not good
Cleaning Supercisor (Former Employee) –  Laverton North VIC7 August 2018
HR department needs to be more focused on the issues.
As for working for them you always get more and more put on your plate and no compensation for it.
Bad company to work for and i would never recommend them to my worst enemies.
Care factore from this company...0
Trustworthy and reliable.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Central Coast NSW22 July 2018
Well as of yet i have,nt had any Employment. My age is 58yrs my passed Employment was with Catering with the Australian Defence Force the got into Chef work done the for a few years and lately the last few years cleaning schools.
Enjoyed working
Offshore Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 July 2018
Learned a lot of new things on the job, Good people to work with and enjoyed the working culture.Supervisors were very supportive and guided us if we were in doubt.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
No secured job
Great job with big projects
H/V & L/V Switching Operator (Former Employee) –  Bunbury WA17 July 2018
Worked throughout the state of WA on various projects switching the Western Power network off and making the Isolated areas safe for the teams. The crews were great to work with and had a diverse range of cultures in them.
Pros
Big projects and varied
Cons
Travel
Fun workplace
Quality Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 June 2018
It is a fun workplace however the work life balance is not good. The salary was below the average.
They have an extra attention to safety which is good.
Productive and safe work place
Electrical & Instrumentation HA Technician (Former Employee) –  Chinchilla QLD20 June 2018
- Morning toolbox safety meeting with entire crew.
- Assigned jobs to do for the day from supervisors
- prepare all necessary documentation to complete tasks safetly
- On site safety talk with crew
- End of day safety talk on improvements that can be incorporated the next time the crew does the same tasks
Exciting
Trade Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muja WA28 May 2018
Long working hours but a very good place to work for with good benefits and very good with safety awareness and willing to help any person in need of help