Broadspectrum Employee Reviews

safety not good
School Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 September 2018
you start early 4:00am which not paying penalty for working hat time. even holidays no penalty pay. safety wise is not good because you will work in school with other worker far from you you can not see each other you will not know whats going on the other side. free uniform but no supplies when Broadspectrum got the contract
Pros
free uniform
Cons
long hours no overtime pay
Challenging job but fun.
Range Controller/Caretaker/Security/liaison (Former Employee) –  Lancelin WA6 September 2018
Time management is required.
Learning was always ongoing
Management some times needed to lean on the workers to completed their goals.

Workplace was casual to fulfil job requirements.

Keeping up with the KPI's

Trying to keep defence requirements going .
Pros
time management
Cons
some time long hrs
Not good
Cleaning Supercisor (Former Employee) –  Laverton North VIC7 August 2018
HR department needs to be more focused on the issues.
As for working for them you always get more and more put on your plate and no compensation for it.
Bad company to work for and i would never recommend them to my worst enemies.
Care factore from this company...0
Trustworthy and reliable.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Central Coast NSW22 July 2018
Well as of yet i have,nt had any Employment. My age is 58yrs my passed Employment was with Catering with the Australian Defence Force the got into Chef work done the for a few years and lately the last few years cleaning schools.
Enjoyed working
Offshore Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 July 2018
Learned a lot of new things on the job, Good people to work with and enjoyed the working culture.Supervisors were very supportive and guided us if we were in doubt.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
No secured job
Great job with big projects
H/V & L/V Switching Operator (Former Employee) –  Bunbury WA17 July 2018
Worked throughout the state of WA on various projects switching the Western Power network off and making the Isolated areas safe for the teams. The crews were great to work with and had a diverse range of cultures in them.
Pros
Big projects and varied
Cons
Travel
Fun workplace
Quality Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 June 2018
It is a fun workplace however the work life balance is not good. The salary was below the average.
They have an extra attention to safety which is good.
Productive and safe work place
Electrical & Instrumentation HA Technician (Former Employee) –  Chinchilla QLD20 June 2018
- Morning toolbox safety meeting with entire crew.
- Assigned jobs to do for the day from supervisors
- prepare all necessary documentation to complete tasks safetly
- On site safety talk with crew
- End of day safety talk on improvements that can be incorporated the next time the crew does the same tasks
Exciting
Trade Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muja WA28 May 2018
Long working hours but a very good place to work for with good benefits and very good with safety awareness and willing to help any person in need of help
productive team that like to listen to music laugh and enjoy coming to work.
Centre Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Singleton NSW and Manus Island28 May 2018
My typical day at work is to organise myself,setting my day out,reading emails and clients request for the day, see the manager find out what they need doing.Once the staff have arrived for work we do a pre-start with them, see how everyone is feeling for the day ,doing some mild stretches , than allocating request to the team leaders so they can get there team organised for the day..
Most enjoyable time of the day for me is to see a happy team at the start to the finish.
Procurement
Category Officer (Former Employee) –  North Sydney NSW22 May 2018
The procurement team is biased and is a whom you know kind of system when it comes to recruitment. Pays below Market rate and expects to be high performers. A lot of movement and a very inexperienced executive lead who seems to be a pet of the head of procurement. Procurement is not procurement at Broadspectrum. Brought in as an officer and expected to work as a category manager with pay of peanuts. The Spanish takeover seems good but they only know what they know
Pros
Some good team members but again mostly contractors
Cons
Bad culture
Top company in its field and very effective
Technical officer and works supervisor (Former Employee) –  Western Sydney19 May 2018
Have work for short time (1 year) I met some well qualify and knowledgeable personal.

Provider of good working conditions.

Company with good working results able to fulfill contract obligations

I'm sure I can work with them again if so required.
Pros
Security and benefits
Cons
Overcrowded office
early morning good organised
Commercial Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Central Coast NSW17 April 2018
early in the morning some times hard to get up
have everything needed
is hard to get on to soemone when needed
hard to work somewhere far when its 4 in the morning
Pros
have the rest of the day if you do mornings
Cons
early in the mroning 4am
Signal Electrician job
Signal Electriciam (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW4 April 2018
Very toxic environment to work in. Incompetent management who cover up issues and problems and falsify documents to meet KPI figures.
Stay away from this company
Great place to learn
Apprentice/Electrician (Former Employee) –  Osborne Park WA25 March 2018
I absolutely loved working for GE and was generally very upset on it's foreclosure in Osborne Park. It changed my life for the better and gave me the career I have now.
Pros
The experience of the tradies
Cons
Not enough TA's
cultued and industrial environment
marine painter and blaster (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA19 March 2018
big company with a lot of people working there, workplace culture is ok and very fair. learnt a lot of skills and jobs were well managed and controlled in a big industrial work site.
Communication & Culture Need Improvement
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Western Sydney, NSW17 March 2018
Worked for Transfield Services (now Broadspecrum) for 7 years, experienced both good and bad periods across a number of roles, however the whole time I was there I felt undervalued and underpaid.

In the final year of me working for them, I worked 110+ hours a week, every week and was loaded with at least three times that of any of my colleagues in the same position. I was paid under $80k including super and tax.

The termination of my employment with the company was soul destroying, and handled horribly.

The management promote work/life balance, career progression and good culture, yet knowingly act very differently... ensuring they have a good work/life balance, not their sub-ordinates, they create a horrible workplace by talking poorly about staff and management to others staff and management, and don’t promote from with in - making that decision well before interviews even begin.

The company once was an amazing place to work, at least I am told - It had great potential to be great, but there’s no way it can be with the people that are there now, the culture is now to inbred to be removed. It is incredibly sad.
Pros
Relocation opportunities nationally and internationally, Tend to keep staff on for long periods.
Cons
Poor work/life balance, Poor pay conditions, Bad culture, Company seems to change direction too often
Big Name, not a good place to work
Project Manager - AMS LAHC Contract (Current Employee) –  Sydney11 March 2018
BRS has lots of contacts and projects but all handled with very poor management. No opportunity of growth. Internal positions filled with contact not as per skill.
Brilliant
Customer Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 February 2018
This company is one of the best to work (formaly Transfield) unless the Management have change, they are very staff oriented and rewarding to work for.
Great life experience
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW5 February 2018
I was able to learn everything I needed to know for the duties for the job and pick up new skill to help me with my daily life. the other staff were helpful and great to work along side.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broadspectrum. Our community is ready to answer.