BROADSPECTRUM Employee Reviews

Procurement
Category Officer (Former Employee) –  North Sydney NSW22 May 2018
The procurement team is biased and is a whom you know kind of system when it comes to recruitment. Pays below Market rate and expects to be high performers. A lot of movement and a very inexperienced executive lead who seems to be a pet of the head of procurement. Procurement is not procurement at Broadspectrum. Brought in as an officer and expected to work as a category manager with pay of peanuts. The Spanish takeover seems good but they only know what they know
Pros
Some good team members but again mostly contractors
Cons
Bad culture
Top company in its field and very effective
Technical officer and works supervisor (Former Employee) –  Western Sydney19 May 2018
Have work for short time (1 year) I met some well qualify and knowledgeable personal.

Provider of good working conditions.

Company with good working results able to fulfill contract obligations

I'm sure I can work with them again if so required.
Pros
Security and benefits
Cons
Overcrowded office
Signal Electrician job
Signal Electriciam (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW4 April 2018
Very toxic environment to work in. Incompetent management who cover up issues and problems and falsify documents to meet KPI figures.
Stay away from this company
cultued and industrial environment
marine painter and blaster (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA19 March 2018
big company with a lot of people working there, workplace culture is ok and very fair. learnt a lot of skills and jobs were well managed and controlled in a big industrial work site.
Communication & Culture Need Improvement
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Western Sydney, NSW17 March 2018
Worked for Transfield Services (now Broadspecrum) for 7 years, experienced both good and bad periods across a number of roles, however the whole time I was there I felt undervalued and underpaid.

In the final year of me working for them, I worked 110+ hours a week, every week and was loaded with at least three times that of any of my colleagues in the same position. I was paid under $80k including super and tax.

The termination of my employment with the company was soul destroying, and handled horribly.

The management promote work/life balance, career progression and good culture, yet knowingly act very differently... ensuring they have a good work/life balance, not their sub-ordinates, they create a horrible workplace by talking poorly about staff and management to others staff and management, and don’t promote from with in - making that decision well before interviews even begin.

The company once was an amazing place to work, at least I am told - It had great potential to be great, but there’s no way it can be with the people that are there now, the culture is now to inbred to be removed. It is incredibly sad.
Pros
Relocation opportunities nationally and internationally, Tend to keep staff on for long periods.
Cons
Poor work/life balance, Poor pay conditions, Bad culture, Company seems to change direction too often
Brilliant
Customer Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 February 2018
This company is one of the best to work (formaly Transfield) unless the Management have change, they are very staff oriented and rewarding to work for.
good workplace culture
Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 January 2018
Broadspectrum is a good company to work. I worked with good Managers. I am extremely proud to say that I worked for Broadpsectrum for the last 12 years.
Very good to work for.
Compliance Auditor (Current Employee) –  NSW and ACT14 January 2018
Productive well organised, overall very efficient and well managed.

Could do with extra training for advancement.

A typical day at work will be supervising workers at various Tesltra sites all around NSW and ACT where we have construction and maintenance being performed.
I supervise the contractors in their performance according to Work, Health and Safety and their overall performance of compliance in a communications environment.
Safety and security is paramount in the day to day operations of the Telstra buildings.
The various trades of electrical plumbing, air conditioning of these buildings is a 100 million dollar operation annually.
Culture is all part of the way I go about dealing with 100s of workers from different trades and backgrounds safety and productivity going hand in hand to produce a great working environment.
Pros
Happy safe work places.
Cons
Constant dilligence, never complancent.
Safe place to work and very productive
Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC10 January 2018
Highly focused on safety in the work place. Plenty of overtime a lot of focus on up skilling for the worker. Great place to work at the refinery working very closely with refinery operators
Pros
great place to work at
Cons
working long hours
A decent employer with varied projects
Commercial & Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 December 2017
A stifled office environment due to the stiff upper management not really caring about staff well being.
The projects are varied and the project environment is considerably better than the head office.
Fun workplace with both good employees and management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Puckapunyal Milpo VIC12 December 2017
My time spent with the company may have been short but i did enjoy my time. The work environment was enjoyable and management really looked after there employees.
Issues with complaints about work as company does not care
Cleaning Contractor (Former Employee) –  Redfern housing complexe25 November 2017
Contractors not paid properly for working for company is not good as to many complaints about work from tennats as we no given enought time no proper parking on sites
if job not completed,no pay
Pros
Not good
Cons
short hours
Bad environment
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Puckapunyal VIC6 November 2017
Had extremely horrible managers who bullied and mistreated workers, unorganised, the managers have no idea what they are doing. Would not recommend working for them,
i once loved my job, but with new contracts came bad management and poor quality food
Cook (Former Employee) –  Puckapunyal VIC29 October 2017
i loved being a Chef for many years with this company. But with new contracts came new management. Poor managerial skills bad attitudes. the quality of the food i was expected to cook with went dowhill real bad, meat was of an extremely poor quality. we was told to just accept it and 'try' our best.
Good big company to work for
Blaster/Painter (Former Employee) –  South Australia8 October 2017
tool boxes in the morning, any safety concerns raised, not always dealt with, jobs handed out and off you go.
learned heaps here, done loads of courses.
Managers were great for the first part, then it all went down hill.
Culture was ok, most didn't mind joking around and having a laugh as long as the work was getting done, bit of bullying going on.
All the systems that were in place could be frustrating, certain people would tell you don't worry about it when it suited them.
Most enjoyable part was knocking over a big job with your team members that passes.
Pros
money was pretty good and allowances
Cons
The company started to go after our allowances pay freezes and changing to a longer working week.
No good things about broadspectrum
Steward (Former Employee) –  Australia6 October 2017
No work/ life balance, lack of hours, under award pay.
Can't keep staff happy, so many leave within 6 months to a year. No pride in staff. Always blame staff when something is wrong with the company opetations.
Pros
Cons
No hours, hire staff when not needed making hours less, under award pay, no work life balance.
A closed atmosphere.
driver committe member (Former Employee) –  St Agnes13 September 2017
I found the company to be top heavy, with little concern for the employees better conditions, the management of individual areas seem handicapped in their ability to change items without confirmation for each change coming from further up.

As a driver, there was little interaction with other employees and no social content to speak of.

do your work and go home
Pros
money is reasonable
Cons
government incentives means no overtime
jobs were near by
Commercial Cleaner (On Call) (Current Employee) –  Maitland NSW12 September 2017
team work meeting nice people staff learning more about the job.hardest part of the job is when you have a backpack vaccum on your back and you have to bend down to pick something up that the vaccum cant suck up.
Pros
good work lifestyle
Cons
not offering enough work seasonal
Terrible team leaders that turn workmates into spy's against co workers.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Parramatta NSW4 September 2017
Very unprofessional team leaders. Especially turning staff against each other in a team.
Worst team environment experience, never seen this before. Not a very healthy place to work in.
Team leaders say and do things and tell you how well you work but don't do anything. Apparently that's routine there. They promise extra things like training and moving up to better things then Do nothing.
Very sad how they turn staff against each other and not do communicate with their team very professional.
Cons
Bad team leaders
Terrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Parramatta NSW24 August 2017
I have never worked for a worse company. They dont promote with in. In fact going to lengths to stop employees in getting promoted. The culture is terrible. The management are terrible. I have not had one payrise in the time I have worked for this company.