Broadspectrum
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Broadspectrum Employee Reviews

Australia285 reviews
Nice place to work
Very good in a word, friendly colleagues, easy going managers and helpful staffs. Even though they manage through 3rd party contractors still pay a good amount to live a normal life in such a beautiful city.
Not fair work environment- school cleaner
-Over hire casual staff with limited shifts or no shifts.
- Cleaning supervisor lack of management skill and no clarity of what are the expectations, what are the tasks of jobs need to be done. Worker is blamed to not perform.

- Payroll errors result in short pay hours or penalties. Also, not receive pay on time.

In sum, it is not a fair company to work for as you get ripped off pay
Was a fun job.
Enjoyed my time.
Safety was held in high regard.

Project was finished efficiently.

People were all great to work with.

PPE was plentiful.

Well managed project.
Excellent
Flexible company to accomodate to individual requirements
Encouraged to complete extra training

Easy to deal with management

Good scope of works

Good morale
Broadspectrum is a good place to work
There is a lot to learn at Broadspectrum, especially with them providing the services to Defence. I found the manager very fair and accommodating. There was a lot of professional development offered and there is opportunities to advance into different areas. We have a good team at Broadspectrum.
a lack of advancement activities
Broadspectrum were awarded a contract to run the bus service where I worked. There was a lack of advancement opportunities, a clear distinction between operational staff and back office staff. There was a lack of acceptance of the difficulties faced by operations. The operations contract of Broadspectrum was taken over by a another company in 20018
Was your typical corporate environment.
Was a very busy organisation that required attention to detail and required someone that is able to reply to RFP's and research various industries and services.
Warning Dont Apply!
Operations Manager will not let Team Leaders provide character references, which is unethical. These also favouritism and unbias treatment. These no room for growth no pay reviews nothing.
Overall a good company
We had a good , fun group of people to work with and management was usually very understanding and open to different solutions if any problems came up .
This is a good company to work for with many opportunities if you are a trades person. Not much opportunity for administration and advancement if you are working on a contract
Good experience in the industry
I learned new skills while working throughout the project.l met new people for work purposes is was working with other trademans that taught me other skills l would want to work there again.
Assistant Accountant
Great company good luck!! You will learn alot and have fun, meet some interesting people, some will be friends for life. Culture can be sexist at times but better than some other businesses I have worked for.
An open and multicultural workplace
There is much to learn from your colleagues as many in Broadspectrum have had some or significant experience working as specialists in their own field.
It was ok
Worked at better and worked at worse. It was ok. The people were good but there was no regular pay rise for salary staff where wages staff had an EBA and that sucked.
Broad spectrum of businesses to provide service to the community
versatile business operating in many sectors including engineering and construction; roads, mining; sustainability and solutions for all government and private sectors.
arrogant
took too long to make decisions employed bad management
let the client bully supervisors

let client pick and choose employees and supervisors let the food one go

but other than that would work for Broardspectrum again
Friendly and willing to help you to gain skills within your job
Your shifts are variety from am to intermediate or pm..
You will be trained how to deal with people within the public.

The company is very supportive to your needs and family.
Pros
Long Holidays, excepts peoples race and religion they do not discriminate
Cons
Long Hours
Productive workplace
At beginning I was very exited to start working, hours were paid regularly and on time. I had chance to work very close to home. Then moved Central Coast and made huge life mistake on private field almost cost me a life. Lost job due domestic violence and urgently moved back to Sydney. I will never be the same person again, but I would definitely accept working for Broadspectrum again. Hourly rates weren't bad. People were nice, supervisors too.
Good crew f guys to work with on the tools
Working in the green field environment was good.
learnt to read P&IDs and learnt about gaskets and procedures for installing gas pipes and valves etc.

Hardest part was working in the sun on hot days, Most enjoyable seeing the bush of a morning and evening around the sites,
a challenging site
a terribly hazardous and aging site make this job a challenge. luckily the companies high expectation of safety and due dilligence make it a viable option for those seking a thrilling adventure in the wonderful world of alcoa
most stressful place ive worked and ive been to war
the best thing i ever did was leave broad spectrum ..a typical day for me was try and do the job of 5 people by myself with little or no help from my peers and or espically mangement the work culture created at work was the lazy people got praised and the hard workers treated like garbage..and alot of the time the hard workers would leave and the job they did would be piled ontop of the rest of the workers ..so if you worked hard you had to carry the lazy ones and they just kept giving you work and more work and more work ..alot of the poeple worked sick,fatiged,injured...the pay you get was never enough for the amount of work you had to do ..constant bickering between staff also happened everyday ..my last few months i would lose my temper 3 -4 times a day tying to get help ..do my job on time ..get jobs done in one day so it wouldnt snowball to the next day ..put up with a micro mangaging boss who never NEVER listened to anything i tell him ..i would tell him something important that was going to happen later in the day he would give me the impression he understood fast forward 3 hours and he is going mental cause he hadnt listened to me..i could go on for pages..
my favorite time there was if i had to deilver things to our clients or pick things up from a factory off company grounds..

my last few months i would get chest pains and dizzy spells from the stres s..i want to go on about it broad spectrum but the place makes me angrywhen i have to think about it