Broadspectrum Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working
Offshore Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 July 2018
Learned a lot of new things on the job, Good people to work with and enjoyed the working culture.Supervisors were very supportive and guided us if we were in doubt.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
No secured job
Fun workplace
Quality Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 June 2018
It is a fun workplace however the work life balance is not good. The salary was below the average.
They have an extra attention to safety which is good.
Productive and safe work place
Electrical & Instrumentation HA Technician (Former Employee) –  Chinchilla QLD20 June 2018
- Morning toolbox safety meeting with entire crew.
- Assigned jobs to do for the day from supervisors
- prepare all necessary documentation to complete tasks safetly
- On site safety talk with crew
- End of day safety talk on improvements that can be incorporated the next time the crew does the same tasks
Exciting
Trade Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muja WA28 May 2018
Long working hours but a very good place to work for with good benefits and very good with safety awareness and willing to help any person in need of help
productive team that like to listen to music laugh and enjoy coming to work.
Centre Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Singleton NSW and Manus Island28 May 2018
My typical day at work is to organise myself,setting my day out,reading emails and clients request for the day, see the manager find out what they need doing.Once the staff have arrived for work we do a pre-start with them, see how everyone is feeling for the day ,doing some mild stretches , than allocating request to the team leaders so they can get there team organised for the day..
Most enjoyable time of the day for me is to see a happy team at the start to the finish.
Procurement
Category Officer (Former Employee) –  North Sydney NSW22 May 2018
The procurement team is biased and is a whom you know kind of system when it comes to recruitment. Pays below Market rate and expects to be high performers. A lot of movement and a very inexperienced executive lead who seems to be a pet of the head of procurement. Procurement is not procurement at Broadspectrum. Brought in as an officer and expected to work as a category manager with pay of peanuts. The Spanish takeover seems good but they only know what they know
Pros
Some good team members but again mostly contractors
Cons
Bad culture
Top company in its field and very effective
Technical officer and works supervisor (Former Employee) –  Western Sydney19 May 2018
Have work for short time (1 year) I met some well qualify and knowledgeable personal.

Provider of good working conditions.

Company with good working results able to fulfill contract obligations

I'm sure I can work with them again if so required.
Pros
Security and benefits
Cons
Overcrowded office
early morning good organised
Commercial Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Central Coast NSW17 April 2018
early in the morning some times hard to get up
have everything needed
is hard to get on to soemone when needed
hard to work somewhere far when its 4 in the morning
Pros
have the rest of the day if you do mornings
Cons
early in the mroning 4am
Signal Electrician job
Signal Electriciam (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW4 April 2018
Very toxic environment to work in. Incompetent management who cover up issues and problems and falsify documents to meet KPI figures.
Stay away from this company
Great place to learn
Apprentice/Electrician (Former Employee) –  Osborne Park WA25 March 2018
I absolutely loved working for GE and was generally very upset on it's foreclosure in Osborne Park. It changed my life for the better and gave me the career I have now.
Pros
The experience of the tradies
Cons
Not enough TA's

Want to know more about Broadspectrum?

Ask a question
cultued and industrial environment
marine painter and blaster (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA19 March 2018
big company with a lot of people working there, workplace culture is ok and very fair. learnt a lot of skills and jobs were well managed and controlled in a big industrial work site.
Communication & Culture Need Improvement
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Western Sydney, NSW17 March 2018
Worked for Transfield Services (now Broadspecrum) for 7 years, experienced both good and bad periods across a number of roles, however the whole time I was there I felt undervalued and underpaid.

In the final year of me working for them, I worked 110+ hours a week, every week and was loaded with at least three times that of any of my colleagues in the same position. I was paid under $80k including super and tax.

The termination of my employment with the company was soul destroying, and handled horribly.

The management promote work/life balance, career progression and good culture, yet knowingly act very differently... ensuring they have a good work/life balance, not their sub-ordinates, they create a horrible workplace by talking poorly about staff and management to others staff and management, and don’t promote from with in - making that decision well before interviews even begin.

The company once was an amazing place to work, at least I am told - It had great potential to be great, but there’s no way it can be with the people that are there now, the culture is now to inbred to be removed. It is incredibly sad.
Pros
Relocation opportunities nationally and internationally, Tend to keep staff on for long periods.
Cons
Poor work/life balance, Poor pay conditions, Bad culture, Company seems to change direction too often
Big Name, not a good place to work
Project Manager - AMS LAHC Contract (Current Employee) –  Sydney11 March 2018
BRS has lots of contacts and projects but all handled with very poor management. No opportunity of growth. Internal positions filled with contact not as per skill.
Brilliant
Customer Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 February 2018
This company is one of the best to work (formaly Transfield) unless the Management have change, they are very staff oriented and rewarding to work for.
Great life experience
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW5 February 2018
I was able to learn everything I needed to know for the duties for the job and pick up new skill to help me with my daily life. the other staff were helpful and great to work along side.
good workplace culture
Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 January 2018
Broadspectrum is a good company to work. I worked with good Managers. I am extremely proud to say that I worked for Broadpsectrum for the last 12 years.
Very good to work for.
Compliance Auditor (Current Employee) –  NSW and ACT14 January 2018
Productive well organised, overall very efficient and well managed.

Could do with extra training for advancement.

A typical day at work will be supervising workers at various Tesltra sites all around NSW and ACT where we have construction and maintenance being performed.
I supervise the contractors in their performance according to Work, Health and Safety and their overall performance of compliance in a communications environment.
Safety and security is paramount in the day to day operations of the Telstra buildings.
The various trades of electrical plumbing, air conditioning of these buildings is a 100 million dollar operation annually.
Culture is all part of the way I go about dealing with 100s of workers from different trades and backgrounds safety and productivity going hand in hand to produce a great working environment.
Pros
Happy safe work places.
Cons
Constant dilligence, never complancent.
Was very hard
Customer Solutions Officer - Call Centre (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW 215014 January 2018
Housing tenants was too much to deal with especially when you're getting sworn at on a daily basis. 20% of them were reallky respectful and well spooken.
Pros
Was friendly work colleagues
Cons
Terrible pay
Safe place to work and very productive
Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC10 January 2018
Highly focused on safety in the work place. Plenty of overtime a lot of focus on up skilling for the worker. Great place to work at the refinery working very closely with refinery operators
Pros
great place to work at
Cons
working long hours
Fun Staff,beautiful location,
Storeman/Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Naval Base WA8 January 2018
The staff were fun to work with and working with the Navy staff,
Tho the Management were not nice to work under sad to say
The Navy staff were hard and helpful towards lending a hand.
Pros
navy staff always happy to help
Cons
Management luck of leadership