Brotherhood of St Laurence Employee Reviews

Terrible Management
Staff (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC17 March 2019
Management puts it's head in the sand and tries to ignore problems. Nice staff and would be a great place if staff was taken care of. Too much work and not enough staff.
Happy friendly environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pakenham VIC28 February 2019
Overall i learnt a lot while volunteering for the Brotherhood, it taught me to adapt to a new environment and taught me good customer service and routine.
Thinking back at the hardest part of the job there really was no hard part it was always a happy friendly Environment that i enjoyed.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing i was somehow helping our Community and meeting all the locals from the town.
Pros
Getting into routine
Cons
Lifting heavy stuff if needed.
Staff are lovely
Management of Debit Cards - CBA - Head Office (Current Employee) –  Frankston3 December 2018
I have been in the role for three years and in that time work has always been extremely busy. Management have put temp staff on but have always taken them away when the department has caught a little. No career advancement.

My time has come to move on and learn more. So I would like a bit more of a challenge and have a better salary than I do now.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Always busy never time to have a break.
fun workplace
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Sunshine VIC6 November 2018
working there as a volunteer gave me a chance to be prepared for work and also I gained a lot of experiences through volunteering , making new friends,improve my communication skills, made a connection
Pros
very fun and friendly environment
Productive, fun group
Leadership Group (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC13 October 2018
Meet once a a week or so, good company and workers. The area we discussed in was always caring and positive as well as we were able to really discuss current issues without judgement
Pros
Free company
Cons
Didn't stay active long
Work life
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Fitzroy VIC25 July 2018
To move up its more like who you know rather thn what you know. At times the Brotherhood is not what it seems. You can get some condescending managers and staff members like all workplaces but for a non for profit that is supposed to be helping others is quiet sad. I am thinking of moving somewhere else asap. Besides that there have been a few genuine nice people.
brotherhood st laurence
Contributing as a member of a collaborative team (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 July 2018
my typical day of working at brotherhood st laurence is full of joy. ive learnt alot being with them.the workplace is full of wonderful individuals overall it is an amazing company.
Pros
close to home
Cons
it doesnt really have cons
No support or Training for new Employees
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carrum Downs1 July 2018
Would never work here again. Bullying by manager none or very little training or support by management . Not allowed to laugh or talk in workplace. Miserable place to work.
Pros
Working with the Elderly a lovely experience
Cons
Bullying by management. Not a happy workplace.
interesting and varied workplace
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  St Lawrence - Melbourne12 April 2018
Meeting other people
Improving on communication skills, people skills and following instructions.
Opportunity to work with young people(Urban Camps) and to assist in carrying out planned activities.
Pros
meeting all sorts of people
Cons
none so far
Warm an Welcoming
VOLUNTEER PLACEMENTS (Former Employee) –  Burnside VIC14 January 2018
A very positive environment to be a part of. A great chance to work and get to know amazing people. Nice organisation and a fun and productive environment to be a part of
Great job
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Braybrook VIC27 November 2017
I found this job to be the best I have had. I worked with a great team of people and i loved having the responsibilities given to me. A great working experience
Pros
Experience
Cons
Very good atmosphere to work.
Administration Assistant Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC15 November 2017
Very good atmosphere to work, work culture is so good and I am learning new things as the colleagues are very helpful and cooperative, the most enjoyable part is I can spend time with different people from different background and because of that I am learning so many new things.
Volunteer at Brotherhood of St Laurence Op Shop
volunteer community placement for VCAL (Former Employee) –  Grovedale VIC18 September 2017
I was a volunteer at the Brotherhood of St Laurence, which I completed over a course of a school term as part of my VCAL year. I found the staff and Management at the BSL Op shop to be very polite and helpful and they taught me a lot.
Pros
Free morning teas
Productive and a friendly environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  St Albans VIC11 August 2017
I worked at Brotherhood of st Lawerence as a volunteer for my Year 10 work experience in June/July of 2017 and I really enjoyed the experience. It was a fantastic atmosphere to be in.
Production and fun environment to work in
Center administration officer (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC9 May 2017
Very busy and productive environment
Learned many skills and also completed a cert 3 in business admin and cert 4 in business. Always so helpful to any inquiries you may have or need.
A work place with more empathy for co-workers
Delivery team leader (Former Employee) –  All over Melbourne12 April 2017
I'll like to work with coworkers with more fun at work ,cause all works and no play makes jack a doll boy as the saying goes,I like a work place that supports its workers with empathy for them to deliver there Day to day work loads. It's makes me more happier in a work place if there is team work,I also like a workplace that gives acces to workers to further studies to face the challenges of life in the work force
Pros
I like a workplace that support sports
Cons
Love working long hours
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC15 January 2017
Nice place to work, great salary and friendly co workers. They offered more than sufficient training for required work, and really pushed for team development with great community involvement.
Brief but fun work
Change-maker Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC15 January 2017
Short time of working with the company but they looked after their staff quite well with a very generous pay package.
Nice and enjoyable co-workers made all the difference
Busy and fun most of the time and enjoy what I do.
Team Leader Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hoppers Crossing VIC7 December 2016
No 2 days are alike and tasks can vary from time to time. It is a very busy work environment and wish there were more hours in the day when I am scheduled on to work. Most of the staff are fun and a joy to work with.
A company that provides all resources of training if needed.
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Mornington Peninsula VIC13 November 2016
Good communication between work co-ordinators and carers. Salary was very good, petrol paid for travelling between jobs. Always opportunities for further education/learning. Meetings held on a regular basis.
Pros
Always encouraging further personal skills/enhancing your career.
Cons
Lots of paperwork to always fill out.