Brotherhood of St Laurence
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Brotherhood of St Laurence Pay & Benefits reviews

Everyone is really welcoming, and I really enjoy volunteering here. Really recommended for all people. I don't have any issue with the social environment, and can't rate the salary rating since I'm volunteering here.
Nice people to work for and good experience in getting a job. You work with people in different age groups. Close to public transport and parking is available.
Pros
Free food in the tea room
Cons
Short hours and less days
I thoroughly enjoyed working at the Brotherhood of St Laurence. It was a very busy position however there was always a lot of support for each other. There was a great amount of training provided and great benefits for the employees.
Pros
great career opportunities, work events, training
Cons
stressful, busy work load, part time hours weren't available
I have been in the role for three years and in that time work has always been extremely busy. Management have put temp staff on but have always taken them away when the department has caught a little. No career advancement. My time has come to move on and learn more. So I would like a bit more of a challenge and have a better salary than I do now.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Always busy never time to have a break.
Nice place to work, great salary and friendly co workers. They offered more than sufficient training for required work, and really pushed for team development with great community involvement.
Good communication between work co-ordinators and carers. Salary was very good, petrol paid for travelling between jobs. Always opportunities for further education/learning. Meetings held on a regular basis.
Pros
Always encouraging further personal skills/enhancing your career.
Cons
Lots of paperwork to always fill out.
Friendly work environment, reasonable hours and pay rates. Supportive team-mates,very committed to delivery of top rate training to a range of clients from very diverse backgrounds.
Pros
Good hourly remuneration, friendly and helpful staff
Cons
Irregular employment