Brumby's Bakery Employee Reviews

Great workplace
Baker (Former Employee) –  Chirn Park QLD18 August 2019
This company was very good to work for. The Manager was great. The workplace was professional, hygienic and had excellent working hours. They were flexible with shifts.
Pros
Great shifts
Cons
Late in payment
Good experience, enjoyed working there and learning new skills.
Bread Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Upper Coomera QLD7 August 2019
Was a good experience, I enjoyed learning new pastry making skills, desserts and the basics of barista. I didn't enjoy starting before 5am as a casual at 15 years old though.
Unrealistic expextations for new workers
Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 July 2019
The shop was run well, however as i night shift worker, and as it was my first job, i suffered a little. I would work alone and was given a maximum of 1 hour to close the entire store by myself, which includes taking out food, cleaning and counting the till. Not a good job to start at.
Pros
Off cuts!
Cons
Solo working
A very active job where you will meet friends for life
Sales Assistant - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 March 2019
A typical day of work includes setting up the shop for the daily business as a well organised bakery attracts more customers, we also undertake any baking tasks such as making cookies, cupcakes etc.
Customer service is key so we spend time talking to people, getting to know them on a friendly basis and making sure we provide the highest level of service as we can.
From working at the bakery I learnt how to manage a team, train new staff members and get a better understanding of stock take and ordering products from other companies.
We have different tasks depending on whether you are doing the morning or the closing shift, but generally the tasks are the same each day.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Understaffed
productive workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Banksia Grove WA29 January 2019
management was really bad not much customer go the store and many of the staff quit because the shop didnt make enough money but overall the i like working their because i get to communicate with new customers
Overall Good Work Place
Baker's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD27 October 2018
I have learned a lot of things over here and the culture over here is very much positive. Very much supportive management. Overall Good Work Place to work.
A fun and creative workplace
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Montmorency VIC17 September 2018
At brumby's the workplace is suitable for people who are hardworking, prompt and ready to learn the skills of customer service. Brumby's is a great place to start working as it eases a worker into working and earning. Their pay is very good and helps workers start saving for the future.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
short shifts
Very fun and great friends
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wavell Heights QLD17 September 2018
Loved working here, great customers and atmosphere. At my particular store it was extremely hot due to the ovens and no aircon! Apart from that it was great fun and good experience for my first job at nearly 15.
This job is so productive and my co-workers is so nice
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bakewell NT13 September 2018
I learned here in brumby’s was to make sure that these bakery is very clean so customers won’t get mad and they felt that they eat healthy and clean..
Pros
Free breads
Cons
Short hours
Fun and fast paced work environment.
retail assistant/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mareeba QLD5 September 2018
A typical day at work consisted of opening the store, icing the cakes and buns making sure they look perfect, serving customers and selling them fresh products daily.
Was a good learning experience, wasn't paid correctly however
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingaroy QLD15 August 2018
Overall it was a fun work environment, the bosses and management always tried make our job easier. However, I was there almost 3 years and not one cent went into my super account. I had given all my superannuation details to my employers not once but twice, and nothing was ever done about it.
Horrible job management wise,
Customer care (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 July 2018
Worked in store for 2 years, was approaching my 3rd year when the boss came in and abused me for apparently slacking with the job although i was closing and locking up shop 4-6 nights a week. The couple that owned the store was abusive and had no knowledge of what went on in the store because they very rarely visited the store, maybe once a month. the management absolutely sucked because their was 3 senior (19-20 year old) girls running the entire store.
Pros
the free loaf of bread at the end of the day.
Cons
everything
Great
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Esperance WA23 July 2018
Awesome place to work, they look after you and everyone works together as team. They make awesome food too! Highly recommend for all those looking for a food industry job.
Friendly Environment
Retail Employee - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Ellenbrook WA25 June 2018
The environment was clean, the managers and work partners were all friendly and helpful. customers are usually regulars and love coming back almost every week.

A usual day in the work place included stocking up the display cases with the breads, cakes, lunches, pies, rolls etc.
I would serve customers and work the till, this includes use of a bread machine and microwave when needed. When quiet i would make pies, clean equipment and utensils, and stock the fridge.

Usually 2 people working at a time, so there is always help if needed, and a very calm environment due to this.

Sometimes i would go to the supermarket next door to buy food for the sandwiches we make before lunch.

Closing up, we would pack leftover food into bags and boxes for a charity worker to come pick up, dust off displays and clean, clean bread machine, counter tops, and floors, and count the money in the till, check sales, and make sure everything is turned off before locking up.
Pros
Free Lunches, Best work partners! Friendly environment
Cons
Love to make a happy work place and a safe Work place
Baker/Pastry Cook (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD20 June 2018
Love to work any day of the week I have learned to cook clean paint mowing lawns tree looping putting up roof's and making pizze and I love ever part of the jobs
Pros
That great
Brumby's
Retail Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Marrara NT25 May 2018
Working at Brumby's Bakery was great and I really enjoyed it. Staff were treated well, given good discounts and allowed to take home whatever food they like at the end of the day which is great.
good
Sales / Bakers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bentleigh VIC22 May 2018
It was a good part time job to earn some extra money. However no room for advancement and not the best pay.

You do get free food and there was a good work culture however in turn we didn't have many benefits.
Pros
food
Cons
boring
Okay job with some fun people.
Kitchen and Sales staff (Former Employee) –  Mcdowall QLD18 April 2018
Okay place that works well with uni and the hours are good with longer shifts (depends on stores due to franchise). Co-workers are normally uni students or school students and maybe a senior.
Pros
Free bread
Cons
Sometimes unable to work with uni
Lack of care in shop, but products were very good
Customer service, cleaning & food handling (Former Employee) –  Clayfield QLD17 April 2018
While working here, I immediately found a consistency with the lack of care/effort that went into completing tasks. I believe this derived from the lack of care that the employer showed. The overall work ethic was very low in most employees, apart from the odd couple. There was also next to no money put back into the shop which was very visible with large holes in the Lino, light bars that were not replaced which all became work hazards. In saying this, the Bakers always delivered fresh bread a food and good customer service.
Rostering consistently was a problem as people were unreliable, management often forgot availability and created back-to-back shifts. The hardest part for me was picking up after other employees and constantly changing my personal life plans to cater for changes at work.
Pros
Experience
Easy wrokplace
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  Perth WA9 April 2018
Was easy to work here because there wasn't much you had to learn except for all the different types of loaves of bread which were quite easy.
Was good working here because i was able to learn all the different types of bread.