BT Financial Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

BT Financial Group Employee Reviews

Australia33 reviews
After nearly 6 months at BT I have found that the company is great to work for and has lots of staff incentives. There is always something to keep you motivated. Good fun.
You will love the friendly, down to earth approach of this team where your contributions are valued. This is a great place to work with loads of great benefits including, onsite free parking, modern office, great facilities (pool and BBQ area), social club plus the latest technology. This is a business where people stay for the long term because they are given the opportunity to learn and grow in addition to being recognised as a valued member of their team. Add some laughter and fun along the way and you have the result of enjoying going to work each day.
A great place to work, fun, relaxed but knew when to be serious. Very inclusive environment always included in team functions. Great flexibility, management where always transparent on direction of business unit.
I loved working here until I was made redundant. Hardest part of the job was juggling the 5 online platforms that didn't speak to each other. A lot of double up with data entry and multiple calls to call centre to get the best out come for clients.
BT Financial Group was a great place to work, great people. BT gave me a chance to up skill myself.
I worked 4 days in the office and 1 day at home

The hardest part of my job was not being able to provide certain cover to our customers.

The most enjoyable part of my job was communicating the acceptance of cover to the advisors.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Train travel
Excellent work life balance and flexibility

Approachable management team

Adequate training and clear processes in place

A disputes resolution team is available to assist with difficult complaints
Pros
Work from home
Cons
difficult clients
A nurturing work place that not only allows you to further educate and advance yourself but also encourages and aids it.
A great office space to top it off.
This is a fast passed environment and the best way to have a seamless day is to know you’re super. BT provided great tools to help with answering customer inquiries.
Pros
Legislation around my own superannuation
Cons
The travel time from my home to the CBD
Nothing whatsoever, negative to say about BT Financial Group. Loved my time working for this company - only left as I had 2 small young children starting school and needed to work family-friendly hours.

Highly recommend this company.
Pros
Everyting
Cons
Zero
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BT Financial Group?
Excellent location in the heart of Sydney. Hardest part of the job is lack of strategic direction from management and a changing finance industry in Australia
Flexible employer, great culture, great , management. Wonderful career progression, great staff benefits. Also wonderful sales targets and bonuses. Part of the Westpac group.
Excellent work environment
Friendly staff

Supportive Management

Fun place to work for

Fulfilling career advancements

Goal oriented

Achieved and learned alot
People are like family and that makes a big difference in a working environment. Work is hectic but because of the people, interesting and challenging work that we do, not a day pass by with no additional knowledge and job satisfaction as an underwriter.
Pros
Work guidelines are easy to find
Cons
I work for the advice business (wealth management). I think that BT is a good place to start in the wealth management sector. It is good to have experience in company.
First of let me say that they are extremely flexible and allow anyone to strike a good work life balance (manager permitting).

However it is a bit of sweat shop, and if you don't toe the line or drink the cool aid you'll most likely be left to your own devices. Be warned ego-maniacs live here.

Big corporations make it easy for non performers to fly under the radar however this in turn impacts every other hard worker.

This company also has a high diversity quota making career progression limited to young people, women, LGBTi+ and any other anomaly you can think of.

They have a high offshore outsourcing ratio to permanent Australian staff which over the years has unfortunately meant they have adopted a sub standard benchmark when it comes effectiveness and cooperation of inter-business service levels. But hey, I guess someone at the top thinks its a good idea to save money this way.
Pros
Highly flexible, cool building
Cons
Ego-maniacs, Leave your ethics at home, Sub-par personel
Great work life balance, however I'm not entirely sure that career progression is as good as it could be. Salary package is quite nice in comparison to similar roles at other banks.
A good culture. A growing business within a big bank. Great work place with flexible working arrangements readily available for all employees. Great teamwork.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
This was a very typical processing job, all day spent inputting data into a computer. The role was highly scrutinized and the atmosphere was much too big brotherish for my liking.
I process loss of rent and malicious damage claims predominantly make payments and write denials I then contact customers to explain progress and decision regarding their claim and refer them to the PDS.
Pros
good food, good people
Cons
no chance of sponsorship for a visa holder
Friendly place to work and helpful staff. The office itself was outstanding and very modern. Working at BT Financial helped me feel comfortable working in Sydney having come from the UK.
. Following up on queries requesting of documents for confirmation. Management always seemed to be in some kind of meeting and not on the floor being there for their team Some staff are nice, there are the usual office clicks. Difficult when printers crashed staff could not continue with their work. Enjoyable part, most of the staff you work with. My job is now redundant and is now automated.
Pros
Social club
Cons
not replacing staff when some one left just spread the workload with the rest of the teams