Bundaberg Regional Council Employee Reviews

very supportive
Assistant Coordinator / Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Childers QLD10 March 2019
During my time there they were very supportive. training is all provided. I worked within a good team of people who were all experienced in their field.
Pros
salary
Steer Well Clear of BRC
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD10 February 2019
All I can say is don't even bother. BRC workplace culture is horrible. Everyone holds onto amalgamation issues from 2008.. horrible management culture. Every single business unit wants new things and to change, but everyone is so concerned with losing their jobs, they simply hang onto how things have always been done.

They have the worst IT department I have every worked in.
Pros
Nice place to live
Cons
Enjoyable place to work within the natural environment
Specialised Labourer (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg Botanic Gardens1 December 2018
My position included the following tasks:

Discuss and organise the day with team leaders.

Working within a small team to -

- Maintain parks and gardens, including cleaning and prepare for lawn functions.

-Construction of new attractions/gardens/lawns within the botanic gardens.

Management could be frustrating at times due to constantly changing what they wanted and how it was to be done, hence making our roles more difficult than necessary.

Our team worked well together to get jobs finished, while enjoying what we achieved in the day.

The most enjoyable aspect about my job was that I felt like I was making a difference in caring for the environment and wildlife.
Pros
working with nature. Fortnightly RDO's. A great crew to work with.
Cons
Management.
Amazing Workplace
IT Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD8 January 2018
Great team dynamic and amazing leadership.

While working here I was required to complete numerous tasks from supplying users with new mice to restoring deleted files.
good place to work
Trade Qualified Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Queensland2 January 2018
good place to work with a variety of work, always at a different place to wok every day. good money and good super. would love to go back there but once your out your out
Well paying workplace with a professional environment.
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD6 November 2017
Bundaberg regional Council was a good place to work. I learnt many valuable skills and would recommend working there to anyone. The culture very much depends on the department that you are in. Customer Service, my department was fantastically managed with good team.
Pleasant environment
Accounts Payable Officer (Current Employee) –  Bourbong Street, BUNDABERG QLD 46703 October 2016
Pleasant environment.
Happy to discuss in person if required.
Co-workers are friendly.
Typical day includes data entry.
Great council to work for
Isis OSHC Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Childers QLD29 March 2016
During my time with BRC, I went from being the assistant to the coordinator of the local Outside of School Hours Care. It was great working with the local community and seeing the service grow significantly.
I would work for the council again if I moved back to that area in QLD.
A typical day at work saw the growth of each child as they overcome small and large hurdles in life and that from each child our knowledge and level of respect for them grow.
I had only 1 assistant who was only available to me during the school holidasys, I was given 1 assistant for during school term who had her position terminated by management as they did not like her, the next one then finished her position the same day that I did (I only found out that day) as she did NOT like working with children.
So the hardest part of my position was knowing that everything came down to me, I had to do all the programming, rostering(when I had staff), supervision of children, all administration duties by myself. it was a challenge as at times it did wear me down but at all times made sure that I remained bright and bubbly.
The most enjoyable part was seeing the children go home with a smile on their face as they had enjoyed their afternoon/day if it was vacation care. The respect that I earnt from the families and the local community was amazing.
Pros
Great wages, happy children and families
Cons
Hours, no staff
great company
Social support supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg3 February 2014
Was a good place to work though I was not there for a very long time. Management were wonderful.
Fun place to work and with good people.
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Bundaberg30 December 2013
I love to drive the truck, My co-workers are very helpful and fun to work with. The hardest part of my job is sitting all day. The most enjoyable part of my job is driving.
Pros
Early finish
Cons
Sitting all day