Bunnings

Bunnings Employee Reviews

Australia864 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Found 864 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,017 reviews

It was fine, but not for me.

I worked there for a few weeks, but it just wasnt for me, I was placed in the Trade section and it was either really busy or pretty slow. You will be assisting customers all day and most people are okay but you do get some aggressive and impatient customers. It was challenging for me as I had zero knowledge of trade products, so in the end I decided to go back to my old job that didnt have people in your face all the time. Just my opinion, others may have had different experience. IF youre a people person you will do well. Personally Im not really a people person.

Pros

Great company culture, friendly team.

Cons

Dealing with customers all day every day. Training could be better.

easy work

- I found it easy to make good relationships with my coworkers and even some of my managers - I've noticed each store varies drastically and actually depends on what the store manager wants and is like - my store has recently undergone a change in store manager and I have found that the culture has changed as a result - pay is excellent as a casual, less impressive for part-time or full-time employees - work is easy but can become very boring and mundane - though, there is little appreciation or feedback for employees which can become demotivating- despite this, I am very comfortable in my job and can see myself working there for an extended period of time

Long time from interview to start working

Good discount, management definitely have their purple circle people, lots of online training for your personal development, get to help customers across all sections of the store which is fun, variety of hours to work within.

Toxic work environment

If you’re looking for a job that you need to fill in a bit of your life while you work things out this is it. But don’t stay to long. Alright discount on in store items but the salary is below average so there’s no benefit to it.

Fun and relaxed environment

Heaps of opportunity to learn new skills while also making new friends. A typical shift would last around 4-6 hours depending on how busy the day is. However, lots of lifting and standing is needed.

Pros

great work culture

Cons

Lifting and standing for long hours

Generally a good place to work as a uni student

The team and work culture are great. Casual pay is great for retail, however, there is a considerable drop in wage when you transition to part-time/full-time. Management are either great or bad. No inbetween.

I enjoyed my time at Bunnings. Great people to work along side.Great diversity they employe people with a disabilities etc. I worked in registers and meet and greet plus I did theft pervention

Over worked, micro managed ,limited access to training, poor product knowledge, led by an incompetent leadership team.

It's a poor career choice. With a very limited opportunity for advancement. Nepotism is rife and management lack integrity. CCTV capture all team members tasks.

Pros

Free parking.

Cons

Poor work/ life balance. If you don't have a life, this is then please apply.

Good company

Pretty relaxed workplace, good for uni, high school students and retirees. Generally a decent place to work for with opportunities available through the future leaders program.

fast paced, great team mates

Fun place to work. Very busy everyday. There are a lot of products to learn and where they are. customers can be demanding, you cant be an expert on 50000 products!

Pros

culture is great, especially in the community

Cons

Temperature in the stores.

Fun, happy atmosphere

Excellent company to work for with great support and career progression. Great discounts, ongoing online safety training. Bunnings really empower their team!

Spasmodic fun time. A lot of abusive customers

Great when I started 11 years ago. All about the $$ now. Great friendships made. Management is abysmal!! I got told my standards were to high??? Love to find a job where I'm appreciated. S

Pros

Friendships, bonuses.

Cons

Management, demanding, dollars more valuable than team health

Great company and people - slow management decisions

Relaxed, happy workplace which is generally supportive and caring. Work quality is high. No arrogance. People are highly skilled and culture is down to earth. Expectations are high and you only stay if you make the grade. Opportunities for progression can be limited but training is encouraged.

Fun Place to work with Amazing Team and Free Coffee & Internet.

Bunnings Working culture is different from other Retails store.We work as a Team including our coordinators and Store Manager and Operations Manager.I have learned and gained a vast knowledge in my 9 years of service.

Pros

Community BBQ's, Team meetings, Pizza Nights

Challenging, engaging, diverse

I worked for Bunnings for 3.5year, lots of opportunity to move departments. Good for uni students who study during the day but need to work weekends or nights. Bunnings we’re great at providing training, safety and job growth.

Great team members, good discounts

Good place to work, work colleagues are great. Management can be a mixed bag (Currently have a very good Coordinator). Good discounts, work pace varies between very busy and relaxed/steady. Can be busy when not enough team members rostered on.

Sausage very yum

The pay is minimum, I can't afford rent or pay my electricity bills but the sausages were accomplishedadmirableattractivedistinguishedexceptionalexemplaryexquisitefinefinestfirst-rategoodgreatmagnificentoutstandingskillfulsterlingsuperbsuperlative!

fun workplace with good people

I enjoyed working as a casual with Bunnings, at my store, the environment was good and I made lots of friends. An emphasis on building good relationships with coworkers through events outside of work. Hourly rate is also very high as a casual, they do however cut hours during the winter (when business is quiet) if you are casual.

Brilliant place to work fantastic training and support

Really loved my time at Bunnings Waurn Ponds. Incredible team culture where management really care about team members and all staff support each other. Wish I could have stayed, but family financial requirements unfortunately meant I had to take up another employment option. Really hope to go back and rejoin in the future.

Pros

While the job promotes a family/comforting enviorment do not be mistaken. This job is very much corporate orrientated.

Often looked down opon for certain positions and pushed to complete jobs that require certain safety procedures to be broken. When following safety procedure management is shocked that assistance is required, leaving many areas of the store empty.

Productive and Engaging

Great teamwork and hardworking team who all work collaboratively together for a common goal. Quite physically demanding at time’s especially in the hotter months. You are given a lot to learn in a short amount of time but there are many team to help you find your feet and succeed. Many opportunities to go further in the business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bunnings. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Bunnings with