Bunnings

Bunnings Employee Reviews for Team Member

Team Member174 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Found 174 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,009 reviews

fast paced, great team mates

Fun place to work. Very busy everyday. There are a lot of products to learn and where they are. customers can be demanding, you cant be an expert on 50000 products!

Pros

culture is great, especially in the community

Cons

Temperature in the stores.

fun workplace with good people

I enjoyed working as a casual with Bunnings, at my store, the environment was good and I made lots of friends. An emphasis on building good relationships with coworkers through events outside of work. Hourly rate is also very high as a casual, they do however cut hours during the winter (when business is quiet) if you are casual.

While the job promotes a family/comforting enviorment do not be mistaken. This job is very much corporate orrientated.

Often looked down opon for certain positions and pushed to complete jobs that require certain safety procedures to be broken. When following safety procedure management is shocked that assistance is required, leaving many areas of the store empty.

You meet some amazing and totally cross range of people working here. All have different skills and all respect each others strengh and weaknesses

I feel secure and happy at my work. The company have always had my back. I recommend them highly. They encourage the young ones to grow. If they see you are interested in becoming more involved in what you do theres always plenty of traini ng to further your education.

- good

Great place to work Good pay Room to grow with the company Flexible work rostering Fast paced Different each day Fun environment Different areas to work in

Fun Workplace

Bunnings Albany is amazing to work at, Management is very welcoming to new staff starting, staff are all very friendly and kind. It can get a little bit crazy (especially on weekends) but durable. Get taught online and have a few buddy shifts with experienced staff. Overall an amazing g place to work at.

Pros

Amazing work environment, flexible hours

Fast paced. Labour intensive. Safety first

Five years at Bunnings. You will always be doing something. Great exercise. If you love helping people and have a sense of DIY stuff then this is for you.

Stressful and intimidating.

It was really good in the beginning, management were really focused on ensuring team members needs were being fulfilled and were okay/satisfied , but now it’s very different. Team members aren’t motivated anymore and it’s more of a stressful environment and with it’s management and a lot of people are leaving. One manager watches staff using the stores cameras and another somewhat micro manages people by standing with staff watching them. It’s very intimidating and uncomfortable and it makes it stressful working here. There’s also a lot of unrealistic expectations making harder for team members to achieve in time but at the same time a lot of neglect in areas because some people have given up and have lost the motivation . A lot people are unhappy here in their departments and are considering of leaving. Although very lovely team members. It’s not uncommon to not be greeted multiple times as you walk your way into the store. Team members are very kind and supportive of one and another, it’s management I feel needs to be improved on.

Disgusting work culture

Management is corrupt and they have alot of favouritism. Tough working here if you don't absolutely suck up to management. They don’t care about you as person and only care about how much money you are making them.

Generally alright workplace with no job security.

The company is good to work for, but there is a massive disconnect between managers and employees. It is impossible to get full time, they prefer to keep you casual or part time and move your shifts around constantly, including crazy times. They also can move you from different sections on a contract. They also have bank of hours which is a way to not pay you overtime and then not give you shifts to suit them. Which means no over time pay.

Pros

Can make friends and meet lots of people

Cons

Bank of hours. Service desk is stressful.

Simple hard working job

Very simple, know a bit about the products, put stock away, fill gaps and other duties.Customers come first and foremost. Even if you are speaking to ops manager or store manager.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Time in Liue instead of overtime pay

A company that promotes inclusion/ family/ work life balance

Everything it stands for is rubbish, they don’t follow through and then they go to the book of excuses. No job security even as a permanent employee, you may be permanent but your hours can change with a days notice ( sometimes less) and if you don’t comply then they’ll find away to get rid of you ( your hours that they agreed on no longer suit the business needs, so tuff luck ) obviously it’s a store by store issue, it’s a pretty common issue and management couldn’t care less

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Long hours, irregular hours, lack of management support, too many chiefs who are in competition with each other and all the little people are just ants

Wide range of products and lots of training

Meetings once and trainings once a month on products. Some team members were not as committed to the job as I was so at times I was frustrated. Often under staff specifically on the weekends.

Pros

Staff discount on purchases

Cons

Can be under staff on weekends

How good Bunnings is depends completely on which complex you end up at

If you are lucky enough to work at a complex with good management, you are set. If you end up somewhere where management are AWFUL like I did, it’s a miserable place to work! Head office make allowance in the budget for team member pay raises but where I worked, no one EVER got one at their performance appraisals, with many not even knowing they COULD!! I worked with quite a few who worked very hard, were real go getters and really did deserve pay raises, but no one ever got one!! Pay is very basic unless you get to management level, with average pay for a G2 being $46k, a G4 which is basically a floor supervisor, being only moderately more at about $48k, but once you end up a co-ordinator of a department it jumps up BIG time to $85k. Everyone where I worked was miserable and staff morale was so bad, head office came out to find out why, but everyone was fearful of losing their jobs so no one would be honest about it being the awful management there! My friend on the other hand, works at a different complex and has had absolutely wonderful management, and the team there get pay raises if they work hard. Either a great place to work, or a terrible place to work...

Pros

Team member discounts

Cons

Horrible management in some complexes, no reward for hard work & no prospect for advancement if they don’t like you.

Actively busy, and a fun place to works

A great place to work at and learn new skills and also have great people to work with .Was appreciated for my hard work and customer service > That was at Mascot in Sydney . I did not get the same vibe in QLD though when I had the interview it seemed like they did not relate me to previous work in Sydney and they made me feel so small and a nothing, thanks for wasting my time and the loyalty I felt for the place was squished at the interview in QLD

Pros

Great Pros in NSW, ? in QLD

Cons

None in NSW, lots in QLD

You feel like just a number

You feel like you are just being used for their benefit only25 to 35 hours peak season per week15 hours per month in winterThey favour particular people, mainly the young as they seem to get majority of hours.Best part is the salary is pretty good & love my team member family

Pros

Pretty relaxed

Cons

Hours are very up & down

Full, timers get all the discount privilege, some team members are fantastic

They employee more casuals than required, and you don't get shifts. Their distribution of work is an inequitable unfair system. They talk about best practices and inclusiveness culture, it's all part of their KPIs. Customer focus is not driven by coordinators. Just senior managers.

Pros

Discounts, free sugar fixes, physio free for 6 visits

Cons

no shifts for team members who speak out

Its a nice place to work

They are really nice and understanding and helpful. The hardest part of the job would be heavy lifting. The management is pretty good and they are nice and they want to help you.

Can be ok- if you put in the hard work and have a positive, friendly attitude

I think the hardest part of the job is always learning how to fit into the environment. In a general sense, just be friendly and polite, and you will hopefully get along with your co-workers, but there is always naturally some disagreements that happen. I learned how to manage my stress levels, improve my communication skills and more important skills such as honesty, kindness and patience, because most of the employees are really good people.

Deceiving.

Bullying is prolific in many stores. Management need better leadership training, if you’re not liked you get nothing. Other team members will lie to make them self look better. What could be the best company all round is let down by unprofessional managers

Pros

Discount and the pay

Cons

Poor management, bullying and favouritism.

Values & connections

As a team member you are exactly that, in a team. Once into management the values appear to change (store dependent) expectations are higher. Overall, a good experience and life long friendships made.

Pros

Team, shares, and bonus’

Cons

Long shifts, weekend work, climate control (extreme heat/cold) due to building construction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bunnings. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Bunnings with