Bunnings

Bunnings Employee Reviews for Team Member

Team Member174 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Found 174 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,009 reviews

fast paced, great team mates

Fun place to work. Very busy everyday. There are a lot of products to learn and where they are. customers can be demanding, you cant be an expert on 50000 products!

Pros

culture is great, especially in the community

Cons

Temperature in the stores.

Bunnings

Overall wonderful company to work for, but being on a casual contract for many years and asking for a contract with no movement in the company made me fall forward and open up my opportunities for another company, management isn't the best but companies work ethic and style is awesome!

Productive and challenging but engaging workplace

I really enjoyed my time at Bunnings, It was a place that helped me grow and develop skills and know how that i was then able to take on to my next place of employment.

Pros

Free Lunch, Discounts

Cons

Hard to get into

Productive and enjoyable, because you learn everyday.

Fun ,exciting.Everyday is a different day it could be relaxed or a bit of stressed but you learned different things.Good thing was teamwork,jobs done.

Busy customer focused workplace

Customers are #1 - There is much to do in the Greenlife dept. Customer service, advice and ordering greenlife stock. There are different levels of Supervisors/Coordinators and Managers who generally are there to help and listen to you. There is a good team spirit, but can be quite stressful at times due to customer demands, time constraints and budget that can affect your rostered hours. When you have been working there for a while you very much become a 'family' team member and receive some cool gifts at Christmas. Easter etc. and the occasional bonus payment!

Extremely toxic work culture!

If you are not in the click forget it. I have continuously asked for increased hours since starting without success. Have been lied to by store manager. Have seen numerous new employees hired since starting and they have been given more hours. Have seen 15+ employees leave because they have had enough of the BS. Have been yelled at and treated as a child by store managers and other employees. Work your butt off with no acknowledgement or positive feedback, unless you are in the click. Yet, if you make a mistake, look out. Supposed to be called Team Members but they is little cooperation between store departments. Shift breaks are a total joke. They are usually poorly spaced and regularly missed due to insufficient staff. Working at Bunnings has been the most unrewarding job I have ever held. Most enjoyable part of a shift is knock-off.

Very friendly workplace

A day at Bunnings can be stock replenishment, registers and customer service. I have learnt register experience and also the ability to understand customers needs. This can be hard with language barriers and physical or mental impairments. Management are very supportive. Most enjoyable part of the day is being able to solve someones questions for them, and many times they enjoy the time that you have taken to talk to them

A productive workplace.

I really enjoyed working for Bunnings until I changed departments and worked with a really difficult, moody and intimidatory supervisor (G4). I was with the company over seven years and won many accolades. The "respectful workplace" culture had deteriorated after many management changes. The regular on the floor team was like a family and very welcoming.

Good Workplace

Excellent place to work, everyone in management is super nice and all the other team members are welcoming and happy to work with each other. Was also well paid.

Great

Bunnings is a great place to work. The work environment is nice, the benefits are high and the work is exciting and enjoyable, not to mention the skills gained.

Great work/life balance. Very clicky and a bit like high school.

Unfortunately management is not very supportive of some workers. The job can become monotonous and boring but the other guys in the yard can be entertaining.

Busy yet proactive workplace surrounded by good people

Typical work day consists of first hour clean up and last hour cleanup during the shift. Constant work to be done like putting stock away, assisting customers with basic questions, and also getting hands on for a large-scale DIY project by covering every detail. Learning every day from the variety of jobs that deal with different aspects of work from Tradies on site to your beginner DIY'er.

Looks better from an outside perspective

great pay, unlikely to revive regular hours if you are a casual, I would not recommend applying if you need a steady pay as a casual. I highly recommend asking them about how the “Bank of hours” work because I know a lot of staff who do not like this way of paying staff members so know what you’re getting yourself into. Management are under a lot of pressure from the area managers and head office. Management throughout Bunnings are known to be bullies so be sure to be prepared to always be under a lot of pressure. I would strongly recommend not working for Bunnings if you have any sort of mental health problems as Bunnings is a very brutal place to work for anyone with anxiety or depression.

This is a great place to work, management are well organised and assist ensure you are well trained and fit in. Company looks after and treats its staff well.

Productive and fun working place with ongoing training and opportunity to progress

Would recommend if you are keen in customer service and giving advice about store products. Great way to learn about products, trade, and to get trained.

Management Sucks

The team is really great but the management sucks, they treat us badly if they don't like us and you get in trouble if you can't do holidays as a casual.

Great Bussiness

Working at Bunnings is great, you learn a lot of customer service and gain alot of knowledge in different areas of the business and trainning is always available if you needed.

Great Workplace with friendly and supportive community

This workplace was particularly enjoyable to work in as the community was generally very friendly and supportive which made me motivated to work more often

Stressful Workplace

The interview process was relaxed, the managers, regional managers came across polite and friendly. Training was basic. Was told I would have a work buddy during first cpl of shifts - never happened. Learned quickly that floor staff have a poor relationship with management - found out why. Bunnings are very “community” focused - very much about there brand and pleasing customers. No matter how hard you try, a disgruntled customer who is having a bad day can make a complaint simply because you couldn’t find something quickly enough and that is enough to annoy the managers. They are more worried about keeping customers happy - your not there priority. You can be bullied, harassed and you have no one from management to help you. If you try to say anything your shifts dry up and your let go - “business decision”... at least a dozen have left my store over past few weeks due to the managers. Take my advice - try something else!

Pros

Team members are in the same boat and rely on each other

Cons

Poor management

Poor Management

Working on the floor can be difficult yet rewarding. Long hours standing. Great teams members, only problem is management. Bunnings philosophy is all about keeping customers happy - no matter what! If you blink the wrong way, management pounce on u. It’s a blame first culture. A lot of bullying and intimidation from above. Research the culture - highly recommended avoiding Bunnings. Not worth the stress!

managment needs work

There is a lack of trained and knowledgeable management which really shows. Not just in the knowledge of the items in the areas they are the leaders of but just simple things like rostering and communication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bunnings. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Bunnings with

• Bunnings
  • Team Member
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?