Bunnings
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bunnings Employee Reviews for Team Member

3.8Work–Life Balance

Wide range of products and lots of training

Meetings once and trainings once a month on products. Some team members were not as committed to the job as I was so at times I was frustrated. Often under staff specifically on the weekends.

Pros

Staff discount on purchases

Cons

Can be under staff on weekends

A company that promotes inclusion/ family/ work life balance

Everything it stands for is rubbish, they don’t follow through and then they go to the book of excuses. No job security even as a permanent employee, you may be permanent but your hours can change with a days notice ( sometimes less) and if you don’t comply then they’ll find away to get rid of you ( your hours that they agreed on no longer suit the business needs, so tuff luck ) obviously it’s a store by store issue, it’s a pretty common issue and management couldn’t care less

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Long hours, irregular hours, lack of management support, too many chiefs who are in competition with each other and all the little people are just ants

How good Bunnings is depends completely on which complex you end up at

If you are lucky enough to work at a complex with good management, you are set. If you end up somewhere where management are AWFUL like I did, it’s a miserable place to work! Head office make allowance in the budget for team member pay raises but where I worked, no one EVER got one at their performance appraisals, with many not even knowing they COULD!! I worked with quite a few who worked very hard, were real go getters and really did deserve pay raises, but no one ever got one!! Pay is very basic unless you get to management level, with average pay for a G2 being $46k, a G4 which is basically a floor supervisor, being only moderately more at about $48k, but once you end up a co-ordinator of a department it jumps up BIG time to $85k. Everyone where I worked was miserable and staff morale was so bad, head office came out to find out why, but everyone was fearful of losing their jobs so no one would be honest about it being the awful management there! My friend on the other hand, works at a different complex and has had absolutely wonderful management, and the team there get pay raises if they work hard. Either a great place to work, or a terrible place to work...

Pros

Team member discounts

Cons

Horrible management in some complexes, no reward for hard work & no prospect for advancement if they don’t like you.

Actively busy, and a fun place to works

A great place to work at and learn new skills and also have great people to work with .Was appreciated for my hard work and customer service > That was at Mascot in Sydney . I did not get the same vibe in QLD though when I had the interview it seemed like they did not relate me to previous work in Sydney and they made me feel so small and a nothing, thanks for wasting my time and the loyalty I felt for the place was squished at the interview in QLD

Pros

Great Pros in NSW, ? in QLD

Cons

None in NSW, lots in QLD

You feel like just a number

You feel like you are just being used for their benefit only25 to 35 hours peak season per week15 hours per month in winterThey favour particular people, mainly the young as they seem to get majority of hours.Best part is the salary is pretty good & love my team member family

Pros

Pretty relaxed

Cons

Hours are very up & down

Full, timers get all the discount privilege, some team members are fantastic

They employee more casuals than required, and you don't get shifts. Their distribution of work is an inequitable unfair system. They talk about best practices and inclusiveness culture, it's all part of their KPIs. Customer focus is not driven by coordinators. Just senior managers.

Pros

Discounts, free sugar fixes, physio free for 6 visits

Cons

no shifts for team members who speak out

Deceiving.

Bullying is prolific in many stores. Management need better leadership training, if you’re not liked you get nothing. Other team members will lie to make them self look better. What could be the best company all round is let down by unprofessional managers

Pros

Discount and the pay

Cons

Poor management, bullying and favouritism.

Values & connections

As a team member you are exactly that, in a team. Once into management the values appear to change (store dependent) expectations are higher. Overall, a good experience and life long friendships made.

Pros

Team, shares, and bonus’

Cons

Long shifts, weekend work, climate control (extreme heat/cold) due to building construction

Productive and challenging but engaging workplace

I really enjoyed my time at Bunnings, It was a place that helped me grow and develop skills and know how that i was then able to take on to my next place of employment.

Pros

Free Lunch, Discounts

Cons

Hard to get into

Productive and enjoyable, because you learn everyday.

Fun ,exciting.Everyday is a different day it could be relaxed or a bit of stressed but you learned different things.Good thing was teamwork,jobs done.

Busy customer focused workplace

Customers are #1 - There is much to do in the Greenlife dept. Customer service, advice and ordering greenlife stock. There are different levels of Supervisors/Coordinators and Managers who generally are there to help and listen to you. There is a good team spirit, but can be quite stressful at times due to customer demands, time constraints and budget that can affect your rostered hours. When you have been working there for a while you very much become a 'family' team member and receive some cool gifts at Christmas. Easter etc. and the occasional bonus payment!

Extremely toxic work culture!

If you are not in the click forget it. I have continuously asked for increased hours since starting without success. Have been lied to by store manager. Have seen numerous new employees hired since starting and they have been given more hours. Have seen 15+ employees leave because they have had enough of the BS. Have been yelled at and treated as a child by store managers and other employees. Work your butt off with no acknowledgement or positive feedback, unless you are in the click. Yet, if you make a mistake, look out. Supposed to be called Team Members but they is little cooperation between store departments. Shift breaks are a total joke. They are usually poorly spaced and regularly missed due to insufficient staff. Working at Bunnings has been the most unrewarding job I have ever held. Most enjoyable part of a shift is knock-off.

A productive workplace.

I really enjoyed working for Bunnings until I changed departments and worked with a really difficult, moody and intimidatory supervisor (G4). I was with the company over seven years and won many accolades. The "respectful workplace" culture had deteriorated after many management changes. The regular on the floor team was like a family and very welcoming.

Good Workplace

Excellent place to work, everyone in management is super nice and all the other team members are welcoming and happy to work with each other. Was also well paid.

Great

Bunnings is a great place to work. The work environment is nice, the benefits are high and the work is exciting and enjoyable, not to mention the skills gained.

Busy yet proactive workplace surrounded by good people

Typical work day consists of first hour clean up and last hour cleanup during the shift. Constant work to be done like putting stock away, assisting customers with basic questions, and also getting hands on for a large-scale DIY project by covering every detail. Learning every day from the variety of jobs that deal with different aspects of work from Tradies on site to your beginner DIY'er.

Looks better from an outside perspective

great pay, unlikely to revive regular hours if you are a casual, I would not recommend applying if you need a steady pay as a casual. I highly recommend asking them about how the “Bank of hours” work because I know a lot of staff who do not like this way of paying staff members so know what you’re getting yourself into. Management are under a lot of pressure from the area managers and head office. Management throughout Bunnings are known to be bullies so be sure to be prepared to always be under a lot of pressure. I would strongly recommend not working for Bunnings if you have any sort of mental health problems as Bunnings is a very brutal place to work for anyone with anxiety or depression.

This is a great place to work, management are well organised and assist ensure you are well trained and fit in. Company looks after and treats its staff well.

Productive and fun working place with ongoing training and opportunity to progress

Would recommend if you are keen in customer service and giving advice about store products. Great way to learn about products, trade, and to get trained.

Management Sucks

The team is really great but the management sucks, they treat us badly if they don't like us and you get in trouble if you can't do holidays as a casual.

Great Bussiness

Working at Bunnings is great, you learn a lot of customer service and gain alot of knowledge in different areas of the business and trainning is always available if you needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bunnings. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Bunnings