Bunzl
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bunzl Employee Reviews

I liked it there but don’t get enough praise for the good you do to make things better for sales They don’t come to you to make sure problems with other employees are solvedThey didn’t like to be confronted about issues they didn’t want to be involved with. They rather try and dismiss you
Pros
Xmas parties with the company staff
Cons
Underpaid for the work you do
Awesome management especially the afternoon shift, team spirit is something I miss at bunzl. They ensure your safety is upmost priority, and family first before work.I can't thank Bunzl enough for helping me and my family get on our feet here in Melbourne, I have moved on, but could not do this without the support of the Management and team at Bunzl who only the best for you.
Pros
Awesome team
Cons
It was good, fast, workers were awesome, some supervisors were overrated. Forklifts were well maintained. Overall, I personally liked working at Bunzl.
Pros
Good discounts for workers
Cons
Shortage of forklifts because of too many shifts
I started at BUNZL as a casual thru an agency, but was given a ft position after 2months. BUNZL is an unorganised facility that was poorly run & managed creating an atmosphere of 'every man for themselves' & no team effort. WMS & machinery outdated & unreliable. Walk to very end of warehouse for forklift but charging bay is empty, its a long walk all the way back. If one is available, its the one that raises 3 bays high & not the 6 bays required. Therefore ur unable to pick/replenish meaning ur not meeting kpi's. Rf scanners constantly dying (batt power) or need rebooting. Imperative u keep 2 batt packs on u at start of shift to combat that. No acknowledgment unless its negative & little support as well. And finally, the Pay was minimal with no incentives as they claim to be on offer.
Pros
Close to public transport (bus)
Cons
Too many
BUNZL is the worst poorly managed company by incompetent and inexperienced managers. Managers were never interacting with warehouse staff. The WHMS was poorly operated, RF scanners were 2nd as were the portable label printers. Imagine having to pick a full pallet, say 40 cartons and the WHMS made you pick 12 cartons from a full pallet in one location then picking the balance of 28 cartons from a full pallet from another location. This is a constant waste of time system. Dust were collected on nearly all products, especially medical goods. Yes. Medical goods. Management is constantly changing as they can’t manage the company due to no proper procedures and poor warehouse managing system. Every Wednesday, 30mins prior to finishing work were toolbox meetings. It was basically based on management reflecting their negative progress at the fault of staff. Nothing positive to say. Inexperienced Management were a complete failure. Wages for the headache of a job was next to working at McDonald’s.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Leaving
Staging orders Pick and packing. Doing stock putaways. what I learned from Bunzl is that they are big on Safety. Management were Kind and professional.
I worked there for a few years & found them to be too Robotic. They never want to hear new ideas & you soon learn do things the Bunzl way or leave. There management are totally inept.
the work was always there for our casuals creating a family orientated team and i would work back there in a heart beat because of the support and training given when first started
picking orders using forklift or in the past using order picker.general warehousing duities.housekeeping.unloading trucks.loading trucks.i learned to be efficient and learned a lot about wphs.some of the management are good to deal with.some aren't.shave met some really good people .
Its quite Repetitive,You're just a number,No hope of developing for a better position,Heavy items to lift,Bad management.Theres a division between shifts.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bunzl?
Bunzl is a leader in consumable goods and services company by providing enhanced consolidated services, relationship and profitability to customers. The ability to constantly pursuing business change through innovation and advanced technology allows us to provide exceptional quality services to customers and Daily work is "always on a run". Working with wealth of knowledge staff and supportive management team making working life easy.
Pros
Good Monthly Business Update
Cons
Work space due to ongoing expansion
Busy time goes quick,learned everything i could in my role, bad managment, good co workers, trying to complete all work required
A friendly and harmless organization. The business doesn't like to hear any troubles from staffs. Therefore, stay with the business until retirement without troubles
Pros
easy to survive
Cons
low pay
people are friendly, not a bad place to work. day to day loading trucks. Hardest part is things are often disorganized so unable to load until ready, so drivers often wait for hours before being loaded.
I worked with this company for six & a half years in three different roles & loved it! Great people & great work environment. Customer satisfaction was the rewarding part of my job.
Pros
Lunch & get together every month
Cons
I got made redundant