Bunzl
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Working at Bunzl: 507 Bunzl Reviews

2.8Work–Life Balance

They Find it hard to keep workers

Second time working there management sucks, always pushing unrealistic expectations on the workers people have been leaving recently some because of management, only good thing is some of the guys I work with

Pros

Not much

Cons

Too many

Good people but culture can be improved

Relationships with coworkers and customers were the best part. Good account management development. Some upper management contributed to a poor work culture and employee morale. Compensation for the work put in could have been better.

I wouldn’t waste your time.

Don’t bother, no job security and not one computer in the place, everything done by hand, disorganised and chaotic and favouritism amongst European management and workers, they often talk rubbish about you in polish while you’re working hard. Was only there a few days, will not waste my time again.

Good job

Great place to work, extremely supportive management! Very fast paced but makes the day go by. If you’re lazy this isn’t the place for you. It’s a great work environment

Awful place to work is the only way i can describe it, chaotic and stressful no set procedures in place everything is working on a wing it basis

Typical day would be go at 100mph from the minute you start, some people are lovely some are just rude and demanding wouldnt matter if you complained nothing would be done about it, no appreciation shown for any hard work or extra effort that you put in everything is just expected of you. only advice i can give is avoid at all costs

Pros

Cons

everything

Picking orders building pallets

The workweek starts on Sunday at 5. Friday and Saturday off. The place is old and very dirty inside. You have no set time to leave it’s until. 5pm- until.

Pros

Maybe a gift card for Thanksgiving

Cons

Working on Sunday. Working until..5pm until. It could to 6 am or 3 am rarely an 8 hour night

Management are terrible they do not help at all. They make it hard to get on with the job

The job is quite easy but management make it hard, the pay is on the bottom end of the scale for drivers. The only good thing about working for bunzl is the shares.

Pros

You get to go home

Cons

Long hours, no-one cares, pays poor

Job is great however management is HORRIBLE.

Day to day operations are simple and the team is OUTSTANDING. The team is really helpful and tries to assist you in any way they can especially the team lead. The management on the other hand is a different story. They are unable to help you with the software used because they simply do not know how to use it and did not learn throughout my tenure there. Another issue is that goals are set that are never met. There is an uneven distribution of work due to reps being unevenly trained despite setting training goals for months. Additionally, rules are heavily enforced on certain people while they are lenient with others. Management can be nice at times by buying us lunch or occasionally conversing with the staff however, their management style is quite unpopular with the staff.

Pros

Lunch, working hours

Bunzl its a Pay check

Lots of overtime available never see your friends and family if this is your goal Bunzl is for you. Very unhappy co-workers. General Manager and Warehouse manager expect the impossible every night. My last day was the best day...

Pros

Pays the bills

Cons

overtime, low pay, Very unhappy culture is caused by General Manager and Warehouse manager

The overtime was good

Over all the hours are long if you can deal with it and if love over time this is definitely the job for you, but unfortunately it was not a very safe environment, pallets everywhere mainly cause of a small and outdated warehouse, I gained a lot of experience for somethings I haven't done before and it helped develop my speed.

Pros

Overtime

Cons

The money was decent

Poor organization and don’t care about their workers.

I thank Bunzl for giving opportunities to new drivers but trust me, they don’t care about anyone else but themselves! Organization is awful, poor communication, no sense of security or improvement. If you’re a new driver, get your 4-6 months experience and get out. Company has a bad rep of not caring for their workers. Trust me I learned the hard way. They have old equipment and unsecured.

Pros

Choose your hours and come daily

Cons

Home really late, old equipment, poor management, no communication, awful routing, Seniority reigns there

Buzl has great benifits but the Dresden Tn facility lacks any type of cohesion

Very unorganized place to work. The warehouses are to small to accommodate there customer's products. Management doesn't have a great sense of forward thinking, it's more reactionary

Pros

Excellent benifits

Cons

Low pay, expected to accomplish multiple tasks at the same time.

You are given Management's work.

Job seemed ok until my Manager who was just hired, handed off all his work and some responsibilities. I am working longer hours because of this yet all Management leaves early. I get to work remote but just a day or two. Benefits ok but there is no HR to help you with questions. Everyone is nice to you from the start but become very bitter and want results with no help. The sales are way down so not sure why they are hiring. Moving on to a more normal company and mangagement.

Pros

It's a Job

Cons

Given everyone's work especially your manager.

Bitter employees

My experience working there was awful. There is no traning you have to learn on your own somehow someway. The people are mean bitter and hateful. There is a lack or respect and no one likes to help out. Your are hazed as a new person. People know you are new and try to be little you for a question thats simple to them but new to you. Everyone hates the job they only like the checks.

Pros

Work remote, okay pay

Cons

Bitter coworkers, awful training, no support

It was okay

As an order selector you are trained to pick by using a cherry picker. The picking can take place from pallets on the ground or high up like 30+ feet. If you're scared of heights, I don't recommend it but if you're not, go for it. New people usually get trained in the day and then get sent to the night shift (4pm start time until whenever the workload finishes.) You're left on your own once you get the hang of picking which to me was two weeks. I hardly talked to any of my co-workers; I don't think they like talking to anybody new since most of them quit. Supervisors and other people in charge won't say anything to you unless you ask them something or if you're too slow for weeks on end. Overall, it was a great company but I found myself dreading to go to work, and that wasn't a good feeling.

Pros

Great pay!

Cons

Overtime became too much

High school, 2.0

The pay isn't on par with other warehouses in the area, which used to be balanced with the flexibility they offer, but they've started to begrudge PTO for full time employees, while allowing temps to come and go as they please. Temps can leave because they're "sick" and be paid (without having any PTO) yet full time employees are reminded of policy if they need to leave mid-shift or call out the day of.There is constant drama within the pick pack department, and management does nothing to stop it, unless it turns physical, so there have been many good employees that have walked without giving notice over it. Management is inconsistent with policy implementation. Bluetooth in the ear? They don't care, unless you happen to have a lull in work. Hiding in the racks, playing on your phones? No big deal, unless a lift driver complains of you being in the traffic flow, and even then, the lift driver is admonished first. Running late? Sometimes a text will cover you, sometimes you get a verbal warning, unless you regularly come in super late, and then they say nothing at all.

Pros

It's an easy job, if you don't mind ignoring a LOT of BS

Cons

Wishy washy management, instability

Work place

The most enjoyable part of the job was lunchtime they give us an hour.The management is horrible they have preferences for certain people only I personally didn’t like that job

Pros

Free lunch every day

Cons

The schedule

Terrible place to work. Don't go

Place is rotten to the core. Managers and HR team are basically one team. No one cares for your well being and if your already depressed chances are working here will finish you.Under paid, under valued and if you work in the warehouse your basically dirt on their shoes Strong form of bigoted behaviour from Managers as well.Good luck to anyone thinking off going for a job here.

Pros

Shares

Cons

Everything. Absolutely nothing is good about this place

Good leadership, hard work but good pay

Things really improved last 2 years. Staff are generally happy, all muck in and get the job done. Missed out on work nights out they bring us all together but in general, a good place. Proud to work there and hopefully one day I’ll work up.

Pros

Don’t feel like a number

Cons

Instructed to wear masks

Only if your desperate!!!

Very clicky, certain people can get away with things while others work hard and get nothing. Health is not a priority, you can have a heart attack and be written up, or be told it's a self inflicted condition. You as an employee health safety and well-being are never thought of as a whole. Yeah they want you to leave the same way you came in only cause they don't want to lose money because of you. Safety is not and never will be priority. It's all numbers and production.

Cons

Moral is very low between the workers

Not a nice place to work the management are very arrogant and not interested in any of the employees concerns there just interested in results regardless of health and safety and any concerns that are brought to light are soon brushed under the carpet there have been a lot of people left in the last few months including managers and supervisors

Pros

Cons

Being pushed to breaking point

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bunzl. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8