Bupa Dental Care Employee Reviews

Dental Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sleaford, Lincolnshire9 April 2019
I have worked as a dental nurse for over 15 years in both private and NHS practices, some with high tech equipment and some that need dragging out of the stone age.

Sleaford bupa: I worked at this practice years ago when it was oasis and run by a different manager, I did not stay. But I came back as it had a good reputation with my nursing friends.

now it is owned by bupa and run by a good manager that herself is a highly qualified dental nurse which make a massive difference in the running of this practice.
She is friendly and polite, if you need time off she will do her best to let you have it off. I had to take some time off for personal reason and she sent me a lovely bunch of flowers which she didn't have too. She always get us little thank you presents from advent calenders to a cheeky Mcdonalds breakfast.

As a dental nurse with the years experience I have I find the practice has more than enough equipment with the nurses managering their daily books correctly. If we do find we are low on anything we ask the lead nurse that will do her best to make sure everything is ordered that we need.

The practice has digital radiograph, 2 decond rooms with new little sister digital autoclaves, 8 surgery's with decent chairs and good equipment.

Staff.
All the staff are friendly and do get on, the the nurses that are qualified have been so for many years and do an amazing job, the lead nurse has again been qualified for many years and knows her stuff and will do her best for the nurses, we do have trainee nurses which are just as good as the registered nurses,
  more... the reception team are amazing now. All in all its a good team and I love working here.
We have great highly experienced and qualified dentists, yes sometimes they run late (15 years no change there) but if we run over we claim toil so we can take a day off when not busy or get it paid so to me that's a bonus.

Pay.
Bupa as a whole have made sure that nurses are paid very well, they pay for GDC, CPD and indemnity which I know some practices do not and it really helps.

Conclusion
I love working here, I wouldn't work here other wise there isn't a shortage of dental nursing jobs But there is a shortage of nice practices to work in and trust me I've worked in them.
I won't be leaving any time soon and I don't think. The staff we have will either
Pros
Pay, friendly staff, good patient base, free parking
Cons
Non
Dental Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sleaford, Lincolnshire7 April 2019
Avoid them at any costs
Dentist assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset5 April 2019
Very unprofessional. No respect for dentists. Many times mistakes in pay. Not good management at all! Not recommend it!!! Save your energy for a better company to appreciate your work.
Great place to work!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sleaford, Lincolnshire5 April 2019
I have recently started working at the practice and although I have only been here for a short amount of time I have been made to feel incredibly welcome and involved with the team! The practice manager is friendly and approachable and always there if you need to speak to or confide in someone. The lead nurse and all of the dental nurses are very knowledgeable and know their stuff! All the dentists are friendly and very good at what they do! Ive been in jobs where I have hated getting up in the morning and leaving my front door but that's not an issue anymore!
Pros
Fantastic Staff!
Great Environment and Staff
Recptionist (Current Employee) –  Sleaford, Lincolnshire5 April 2019
I have recently joined the team here at BUPA Dental care Sleaford and I have never felt more welcomed to a job.

In my short time here I have already formed close bonds with all the staff here at the practice. The dentists are great, the nurses are funny and caring, the reception staff are friendly and welcoming and the management is excellent.

I am yet to experience a bad day working here, I enjoy every moment of it. The practice is also currently going through an exciting stage of growth with many new associate dentists joining the practice who are all very friendly and provide an excellent level of care for all of their patients.

Overall I cannot fault working here and enjoy coming to work every morning.
Pros
Excellent staff
Enjoyable place to work
Dentist (Current Employee) –  Sleaford, Lincolnshire4 April 2019
More often than not, a happy and enjoyable work place.
The staff are very friendly, a couple of nurses stand out especially for their kind nature and sunny dispositions :)
Good management, any problems or issues are dealt with in a timely fashion. Would I recommend bupa sleaford- yes i would
nice practice to work at
Dental Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sleaford, Lincolnshire4 April 2019
The practice is friendly and staff get on well together. We have just had a pay rise and are now on a banded system which is more fair and the wage increase was reasonable.
The practice has changed a lot recently and we have new permanent dentists starting and the practice is growing from strength to strength.
over all i enjoy working here, yes we are a large practice and very busy but we all work extremely hard and the patients are happy.
Pros
friendly environment. good management. nice team
transitional period
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Scotland11 March 2019
corporate dental and clinical is a boom area. change management is a distinct advantage, impacting and Improving on the consumer experience is key. fantastic opportunity for growth.
Pros
adding value to consumer experience
Cons
clinical mindset
not great
Dental Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lymington6 March 2019
poor management. payments weren't made on time or they were made incorrectly, i had no access to CPD through the portals provided as needed a different password on each computer each time. management bullied you into doing their jobs and then lied to head office about the lack of care their staff hold..... when the managers would turn up and lock their door.... Lead nurse is a legend!! wonderful nurses there really and dentists!! very caring kind dentists!! but they are not treated well or fairly and are very much so over worked and overlooked.
Pros
staff are freindly
Cons
payments not made on time, angry patients due to poor management.
Avoid
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  North West24 February 2019
Poor management support especially if you are not one of the favourites, poor materials you have to fight for everything including a new nurse chair. Penalised if you do not meet targets. So much bullying goes on, even HR are not worth their position. Do not stand by their vision statement, it's all about ticking the boxes and no care for staff, or patients at times. Long hours , low pay, lone working.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Long hours, low pay, poor senior management
fun workplace
dental nurse (Former Employee) –  scotland4 February 2019
It was a fun place to work and everyone got a long with each other, the only down side id say was getting some items replaced or fixed took time. management was good when working with Bupa.
A Good Corpirate to work for
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  South West Devon3 February 2019
I've been with Bupa for over a year and was the best move I have made. As a PM you are fully supported and feel listened too. There are very few restrictions on what you can have as long as it's justified. Higher management are always happy to listen and are very pro active. Having coming from a smaller corporate I was very dubious, however, All those doubts have never rang true whilst working here. A good company to work for with good prospects of career progression.
Pros
Very supportive
Cons
Good company to work for
Dental nurse (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon30 January 2019
I have worked at my practice for 15 plus years and have recently become part of Bupa. As a corporate they are very good to work for, not much has changed in the variety of materials available and they have a good support network. The managers are very approachable and happy to listen to any concerns. All my CPD is catered for on line and free of charge and I am encouraged to gain post certificate qualifications. I am still very happy at my practice and look forward to my continuing employment within Bupa.
We were all originally quite apprehensive about working for a corporate, but those fears have all been put to bed.
Pros
Good support from managers
Avoid
Admin (Current Employee) –  Ireland25 January 2019
Terrible company to work for. They have no regard for staff and have the highest staff turnover ever. They care just as little about patients and are only interested in making money. No extra holiday days regardless of extra hours worked. Constantly short staffed.
Pros
Lucky to be in a practice with nice staff. Flexible.
Cons
Poor wages, no sick pay, no benefits, no health insurance incentives even though we are employed by HEALTH INSURANCE Company, Forever growing workload with no reward
Dental Nurse @ Bupa - Nuneaton
GDC registered dental nurse (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton16 January 2019
Salary isn't the best as corporate company.

Support is brilliant, management is helpful.

Great work progression.

Great team, like a family.

free uniform
Pros
Team
Cons
Salary
Fantastic company and team
Lead Receptionist (Current Employee) –  CARRICKFERGUS3 January 2019
This role has developed and expanded over a period of time and I have been able to take on more responsibilities, I am now the Fire Warden for the dental surgery, I follow all Health and Safety regulation and regularly make routine checks as well as Fire Safety checks. Responsible for providing an efficient and professional administrative and clerical service to colleagues, managers and supervisors to facilitate the efficient operation of the office, including advertising, promotional marketing and involvement with finance. I have used previous knowledge and experience to train new staff to the surgery.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Can get really busy
Awful
Lead Dental Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire15 December 2018
Certain managers don't know how to do there job as they have no dental background and will not provide enough equipment so you can do your job properly and to the highest standard.
Long hours and rubbish pay even as a lead nurse.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and poor pay
Bupa
Dental nurse (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London5 December 2018
I have worked for Bupa for 5 years now and I really enjoy it. I work with a great bunch of people from management, to dentist, to reception staff. There is plenty of opportunities to further your career with Bupa. Salary is on par with other dental practices in London, but what makes it better is the private health care and 5 weeks holiday pay...you don't get that with most other practices.
Pros
Private helTh care, 5 weeks holiday pay, free gdc registration
straightforeward
Associate Dentist (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire4 December 2018
normal associate work 4 days a week 50% endodontic referrals taken, previously owned by myself, wife is practice manager soon to retire, excellent staff and good support on capex.
Avoid like the plague
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ireland28 November 2018
If you want to be undervalued,underpaid worse place to work for AVOID
No sick pay
No bonus
Minimum wage with no promise of increase
No incentives
Pros
Cons
Shift work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bupa Dental Care. Our community is ready to answer.