Bupa
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bupa Employee Reviews

I would have liked to have seen a lot more in the area of Education and job opportunities with Bupa and also a lot more money put into people increasing their skills. The company reduced the staff numbers when the government allowedthem to do so and this made it very difficult to deliver high quality care.
Pros
Fulltime permanent available
Cons
Not enough staff
Dont Care about Staff, always short staffed, change of management, not a stable working place, profit number1.Enjoyed working with staff and the hours worked
Pros
Made good Friends work mates
Cons
min wage Stressful
Horrible place to work, work place is disgusting. I wouldn’t put my parents there. Management are rude expect to much and don’t care about you having any days off
Pros
Cons
Unenjoyable work place
My time at Bupa Kempsey was short.The maintenance section is very understaffed but I blaim the lack of funding for this.The lack of funding, therefore the lack of staff reared its ugly head in the first wave of Covid 19 with a lot of deaths occuring in nursing homes.I found out that Bupa in particular also lied to me regarding ongoing employment.
Pros
Great residents to talk to
Cons
Understaffing & dishonest management
Extremely stressfull daily.Culture Staff bullied on a daily basis. Complaints not addressed by management on all levels.Hardest part of job was the lack of Resources given to ensure staff are able to provide a quality program. In equality due to social demographic.The most enjoyable part of job was working with the lovely residents.
Pros
Nil.
Cons
As above
Always understaffed. They employ foreigners that can hardly speak English, so the residents, who are old and hard of hearing, couldn't really understand them. Management would take care workers off the floor, to man reception or work in lifestyle, this left staff on the floor, short all the time which means cares weren't done properly! Staff spend majority of the time on their phones behind the nurses station and ignore buzzers. The foreigners would talk in their own language to each other when doing cares, which shows total disrespect to the resident. When care staff or management leave, it takes BUPA months to replace them, so we were continually in the dark about the day to day running's. We had to ask RN'S what to do if were concerned about a resident, as there were no care managers. Really depressing atmosphere. I stayed because I wanted to make a difference to the residence, but in the end it was pointless
Pros
Residents
Cons
everything! Food served up to residents is disgusting
wouldn't recommend anyone to work there, bad management, low staff moral, very unsatisfactory Management have no empathy or commitment to ensuring a good environment to work in.
Cons
Bad management, no direction
It was a great place to work. I was given the shifts I wanted and if I ever needed more I could pick up extras. The residents become family, it’s a really nice atmosphere.
not enough hours, but a great boss ,who works around you and your lifestyle.cares that you have kids and a life. staff are friendly.the only problem is we closed down.
Pros
great boss
Residents are very lovely and the management is supportive. Shifts are not provided enough however personal growth is a plus point working there. Overall it's a good company
Pros
Trainings
Cons
Reduced hours
To be made redundant during COVID is nothing short of amoral and utterly disgraceful. Bupa’s mantra of making peoples lives happier / healthier certainly does not hold any water. They spruik the message about being caring and inclusive but nothing can be further from the truth. Managers with such insignificant people skills who are a part of meetings and do not how to interact nor acknowledge peoples efforts.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
No training, no acknowledgement of effort, no care of well-being
A girl tried to kill herself st work due to the awful management capabilities plus the minimum wage when they expect you to go above and beyond. The management loves to intimidate and belittle you with little to no regard to mental health that they say they support. Overall please reconsider working here. Especially in the Melbourne office.
Pros
Health insurance discount
Cons
Everything else.
I would never work there again, all the manager cares about is money and numbers, she never had your back and never stick up for her team, I had been working there for six years and I did something wrong and there was a miss understanding and she didn't even fight for me, or try to save my job for me, I'm so angry with bupa.
Pros
Cons
Long
Working at Bupa you need to have impeccable time management as the pace is fast and consistent, extremely busy. Is good for someone who wants to learn
I joined the company ( Dental) at a bad time, however it was a learn on the go. Very little x support from senior staff, and not enough underlying support
Pros
Nil
Cons
Bad leaders
Worked with Bupa 5 yrs. Good colleagues. Very competitive company / industry. KPIs unrealistic to demographic. Uniform supplied. Pay was good compared to other similar companies in industry though we had the added tasks of outreach activities required to help grow customer base and KPIs. Training was comprehensive and provided. Would have remained with company but request for 6mths leave rejected (all good, understand why), so left as the time off was required at the time. Heard they closed the branch approx 8 mths later.
Pros
Reasonable pay, uniforms, bonus opportunities, great colleagues
Cons
Unrealistic KPI sales targets to demographic
Staff morale was so miserable and low that everybody was just turning up to their shift because financially they had to, not because they enjoyed working for Bupa. Staff are treated poorly, management always had their own agenda, and Bupa couldn't care less about your workload, stresses or mental health. I ended up walking out on the job -- FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE -- in a panic attack from the stress, and ended up never returning on Drs orders - and not one phonecall from Bupa to ask how I was doing or anything. All management could ask me was what my handover notes were, and who I could I get as replacement. Company culture is shot from the top - I worked in the aged care sector in a business type role and it was the LONGEST 3 months of my life. Got a Bupa Leavers email asking me about my experience and why I left - completed and filled it out, stating the decline in my mental health due to work load pressures and lack of support and did not get a response from anyone in HR. This company has left a very sour taste in my mouth!!
Pros
The residents, discounted health insurance
Cons
Lack of respect from management, nobody cares about your workload, no follow up, offshore accounts department, convoluted work processes, low staff morale.
As above that I can add at the same time the culture in Bupa aged care is a lot to be desire there no support from management at any time whilst I was there I have seen good staff leave over the past few months as there was no support what so ever
good place to work a lot of benefits for you and your family, nice people in HR, help when needed have alot of services for you and will listen when you need it
Bupa is a excellent place for their carrier. It provide enough training to its staff and working environment. While working at bupa i learn so many things like teamwork and cultural values of residents.
Very good Keen sense of professionalism, proactive nature and genuine commitment to safety and efficient working practices, ensures the completion of all assigned responsibilities in a timely, safe and quality assured manner.•Experienced in assessing, planning, implementing, documenting, coordinating, and managing patient care in keeping with facility and hospital protocols. • Ability to communicate and collaborate with patients, families, physicians and other health care professionals in achieving quality in patient care. • Well-versed in administering medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician. • Ability to work well in a team and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams.
  1. Employee Reviews