Bupa Employee Reviews

Big company, long hours, lack of advancement
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD2 May 2018
Some poor decisions via management, all about the customer and not about the work / life balance that staff were promised. Definitely not what is advertised on paper.
Pros
Some food days for teams
Bupa
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Former Employee) –  Berry NSW23 April 2018
Working as team and all cultures is quite rewarding as everyone has different backgrounds and experiences which help us to achieve our best in the workplace
Pros
Team work
Cons
Getting the job done right
Under staffed
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC19 April 2018
Worked in retail centers and fellow workers quit or chuck a sickie. Meant to be 5 plus manager each day but average was 3 plus manager as if we did actually have 5 people would get shipped off to centers that where low on staff.
Every day smashed about sales and how to trick customers into accepting getting off old better quality cover.
Really was not a career but a place to hang the coat while looking for a better place to be.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
The job, members would be horrified if they knew all we wanted them to do was change covers for our numbers.
Student Placement
Student placement (Former Employee) –  Mildura VIC6 April 2018
I was at BUPA for 3 weeks on a student placement, i learnt alot and also did so much to help others. The placement was a great learning experience that i wish other will have.
Fun and comfortable enviroment with alot of different cutures you learn to love.
Cover review consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC 300021 March 2018
Bupa was a fun and exciting environment to be apart of, the staff are very friendly and always willing to help you out when you need it.
I was apart of the best team there but it was too far for me travel everyday.
Pros
Always getting help when you need it from management.
Cons
My team leader was more friendly and welcoming to the males than the females.
Professional
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD7 March 2018
A dynamic professional team and everyone was customer focussed. Encouraged projects and free thinking. Good benefits with the role. Lovely team of colleagues.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Often quiet.
i have good team sportsmanship and have been playingg soccer all my life
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD23 February 2018
I used to help my mother at her job and was considered as a volunteering job at Bupa, a typical day there was trained nurses got the residents up, I helped feed them and cleaned up after them, we then got them to get there arms and some of there legs moving , they then had morning tea and later after were fed lunch, some stayed playing the game but some decided they just wanted to have a break. they had dinner and were put to bed for us to make sure the work place was tidy. I learnt a lot more patience as they moved very slow and did everything in a slow pace. the management of the place when I helped from 2013-2016 was not good at all, the manager cut some people off certain jobs causing them to not have enough staff which was why our help was needed. the workplace culture was ok as there used to be a church group that came in for people of all different religions and Christmas, Easter, Halloween etc. was always celebrated. the most hardest part was when the residents didn't agree with certain things causing them to get a little bit angry. the most enjoyable part as volunteering was most of the residents were soo nice.
Pros
most staff were nice
Cons
N/a
Healthy workplace culture. Everyone pulling in the one direction
PCA (Former Employee) –  Coburg VIC21 February 2018
All staff very kind and caring. Residents respected, well looked after and well catered for. All staff are there to help each other so if one person is busy, we are all busy. If we are not busy, we have time to spent with residents.
It'll pay the bills
Kitchen Hand/Cook's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tamworth NSW8 February 2018
There is always work available at Bupa, and once you are in, you're in. However the last few years it has become a very depressing place. Always short staffed, people are over worked and on edge, and there's always people taking sick leave or large chunks of annual leave (which leaves you even more short staffed).
I left because I just didn't want to be there any more.
Pros
Plenty of hours if you're not picky with the shift
Cons
short staffed, huge work load, very rarely get over time
Proffesional company
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 December 2017
Great company to work for for. I learnt alot and really valued my time there.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Bupa as a proffesional company to work for.
Pros
Proffesional
Cons
regular pay although working environment and career progression poor
Registered Nurse (Permanent Part time) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 November 2017
-understaffed
-working with bad skill mix
-complaints from family and workload requirements lead to emotional burnout and compassion fatigue
-poor career progression opportunities
Lots of Promises, not a lot of follow through
Business Administrator - FULL-TIME (Current Employee) –  Traralgon VIC 384416 November 2017
Promotes amazing values, talks the talk but does not walk the walk. The residents are beautiful but its not worth the emotional, mental and physical exhaustion stress and unpaid overtime. Well underpaid in all sectors, do not value employees, a lot of turn over, petty work culture and unfair demands on those that do pour their heart and soul into the role and then efforts ignored or dismissed. A lot of micro managing and belittling. Terrible communication.
Pros
The residents and their families are mostly lovely
Cons
Treated like everyone's PA, overworked, underpaid and undervalued, constantly uninformed about vital changes in home and team structure.
productive ,patient centered care given, values the needs of the residents.
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bateau Bay NSW15 November 2017
i enjoyed working with Bupa. It gives good care to the residents and also takes a good part in entertaining the residents. staff is also taken care of.there is a good harmony between all working in bupa.
Amazing company
Retail Centre Manager (Former Employee) –  Bunbury WA8 November 2017
A company that embraces various cultures, listens to the people from the ground up and is actively engaged and committed to a great workplace. I would return to Bupa immediately if they reopened in my area
Pros
Great leaders, excellent discounts
Cons
Uniforms arent that nice
Great culture!
Service Desk Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD25 September 2017
Bupa is a fantastic place to work. It's very flexible and chilled out with a great atmosphere. I've learnt so much at Bupa which has given me the opportunity to venture out into my creative work and improvement initiatives.

The hardest part, like all companies, is understanding the business structure to ensure that what you are implementing is required and appreciated by all business units, not just your team.

The management staff are great! Very open minded and very helpful - they always have time for you.
Pros
Great culture, pay and employee benefits.
Cons
Slow to climb up the ladder.
ok place to work
Health Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 August 2017
good work life balance, good people to work with, friendly management. good hours, lunch break go way too fast.

Not really much else I can say.

I like it there
Bupa Aged Care
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 August 2017
I haven't worked there for two years now so things might have changed.
When I was there it was a happy and fun place to work with never a dull moment.
Always busy and always something to do.
Down side was changes to the roster that involved hours being cut hence why I left.
Other than that if I could go back there I would. Fellow PCAs and RNS were fantastic.
Hardest part of the job was when we were short staffed and had a busy day with the residents but even then its wasn't too bad.
The most enjoyable part was building rapports with the residents. I partially loved the cranky ones.
Good Learning challanging Job
Assistant In Nursing (AIN) (Former Employee) –  Cardiff NSW5 August 2017
High care with various types of residents and dealing with the old some cultured employees was challenging. Great learning for problem solving and dealing with difficult people and situation.
Negative
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Australia3 August 2017
I personally wouldnt recommend anyone to work for Bupa. Bad culture, bad pay & negative environment to work in. Most staff there feel as though they are a number and many are seeking other work opportunities elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
Too many
enjoyable and good facily to work with
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bonbeach VIC27 July 2017
good co workers to work with very helpful and management is very good. friendly work environment for workers. safe environment for residents regular activities planned.