Bupa Employee Reviews

Found 145 reviews matching the search See all 1,179 reviews
Enjoyable workplace
Receptionist &Concierge (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 April 2019
It was great to work in Bupa Medical Visa Services - Melbourne. Amazing team, very supportive and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was sharing with great people.
Under skilled, under staffed and unorganised
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yagoona NSW3 April 2019
The work place is ok, but the staff are very hard to work with. Many AINs and RNs are from overseas, I find the language barrier can be an issue at times, and also they can tend to misunderstand simple things.
Easy enough to roll through.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC21 March 2019
I’m in sales, the training was a bit of a joke as I don’t think I learned a lot that was easy to put in to practice on the job but my coaches and team leaders were very supportive.

The pay is pretty minimal but it’s also largely stress free and easy enough to get your job done.
Progression seems limited/non existent though.
Pros
Culture, coworkers are cool
Cons
Pay is minimal, occasional micro management
A place with great internal opportunities
Bupa Digital Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 March 2019
If you work hard, there are many opportunities available to advance your career. There is great support within the organisation and benefits available for staff - including a reduction on health insurance premiums.
Pros
reduced health insurance, decent work culture, additional benefits, opportunities for advancement
Cons
pay is not great, training is too short
Worst company ever!
Customer Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 March 2019
I would never ever recommend Bupa to anyone. I only took the job as a last resort after being made redundant from my previous job. The only good thing to come out of that place, was some great friendships. You will never get any further than the call centre unless you suck up to the right people and basically sell your soul to the devil! It is a high pressured environment with unrealistic KPI's. They sell it an amazing place to work whilst in training but as soon as you are on the floor....completely different story. Don't ever get sick either or you'll be put through the ringer and treated like rubbish upon your return!
Pros
Free food, cheaper health insurance
Cons
Rotating roster, unrealistic KPI's, rude team leaders and managers
Last choice for any employment
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT24 February 2019
Would not work for this company EVER again. Grateful for the experience and the people I met there. However, carers are over worked and under paid with no support at all from management. You are promised a good working and supportive environment at interviews, but none of the promises are delivered. "Professional growth is encouraged" is one of the company's promises and yet you're not given flexibility for that stated growth.
Pros
experience in working in aged care
Cons
too many to state
Awesome place and staffs (Greenacre family)
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Greenacre NSW 21909 February 2019
Everyone helped me during my internship period in their facilities. I learned a lot about manual handling, personal care, supporting individuals in need and reporting to managers.
Pros
Awesome work place; Helping and friendly staffs and manager.
Cons
None!
Disrespectful organisation
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 February 2019
Managers that allow belittling, mansplaining and gossiping in the office. Snitching on others is encouraged leading to constant surveillance and petty competition within the department. Any kind of support for staff is very limited. The focus is on improving the company image rather than providing actual customer service.
Pros
Some friendly and professional coworkers.
Cons
Insecure senior consultants/managers that want to use others as stepping stones to their 'success'.
Best family environment for very one
Trainee PCA (Former Employee) –  Windsor VIC16 January 2019
Very friendly work force with effective background to improve personnel kills and for the clients it is a best place to have a excellent service and support to live happily.
Bupa is Best.
PCA (Current Employee) –  Woodville North SA11 January 2019
When ever you enter Bupa Aged Care at Woodville Care home, you feel like you have entered your own home. Most of all the staffs, career, Management, Cleaners, Kitchen Staffs and Managers are so supportive and friendly. Its Home away from Home. you can see good team work in woodville care home. Resident are also friendly and cooperative with all the carer and staff.
Pros
Bupa provides lots of trainging and education continuously.
Management with no understanding of aged care
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Sydney4 January 2019
It is hard to work in a company that has the main interest in the shareholders instead of residents. Savings initiative has been inplaced however i often questioned whether will this compensate the resident's best care.
Really toxic company culture!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD17 December 2018
Very disruptive office with lots of politics, favouritism & nepotism from egocentric management. Agents are expected to ingratiate themselves with team leaders otherwise they will be micromanaged even if KPIs have been achieved.

Training is poor & inconsistent resulting in lots of miscommunications between different teams/departments. Some team leaders will discuss their personal issues (instead of professional feedback) during coaching sessions with agents.

Unreasonable demands to promote the company brand & increase profits as much as possible despite customers' needs.

Disorganised & inflexible scheduling with outdated systems.
Pros
Not applicable to this review.
Cons
Limited work/life balance, low salary/benefits, limited opportunities for advancement, incompetent management & really toxic company culture.
good place to work ,staffs and management are approachable
Personal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Woodville SA29 November 2018
I do really enjoy my job as it is with older people. We work as a single team for the best outcome.However, it is hard to satisfy everyone even though we do the best possible things.
Great Working environment
Assistant in Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Ashfield NSW25 November 2018
It was nice experience working in Bupa. All the staff were vert helpful and working environment was good. I learned many things from Bupa. Bupa taught me how to communicate with aged people and how to solve their problem.
Pros
Supportive Staff
Cons
No cons
Productive and Generous workplace
Assisant in Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bankstown NSW28 October 2018
The most loving people, I learned how to be empathetic to people isn't my family but treat them as one, very good management that looks after each other.
Pros
short breaks
benefits
Would not ever work at bupa again.
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Former Employee) –  Glenvale QLD13 October 2018
Staff to resident ratio is unrealistic. Always works on paper but can never work in practice. AIN and RN. Care managers have been reduced by half. Paperwork is filled in with no accuracy.eg. Fluid charts. Food consistency not adhered to. Minced and vitamised food not to standard. All staff need to pass an English speaking test. Older residents with bad hearing have great difficulty understand strong accents.
Pros
Easy to get employed.
Cons
Sad to see residents uncared for.
Dealing with multi culture colleagues
Business Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 October 2018
It is a challenge to deal with different nationalities with different attitude and behavior. Dealing with internal and external clients and aim to provide the customer service satisfaction and at the same to carry out the task.
I have learned to practice the BUPA values every time am doing task. Each day I've enjoyed learning different things most especially about our elders who had been part of our lives in the organisation.
BUPA Call Centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 October 2018
The role within BUPA is mostly made up of assisting the public in their private health insurance. This includes quotes for dental and other private factors.
Pros
Nice environment
Nice facility, toxic culture
Assistant in Nursing (Former Employee) –  Berry NSW25 September 2018
I worked as a casual AIN for quite a while (over 3 years)
Casuals were treated.as expendable and blamed for any and all issues. There is something nasty about this company's management and leadership, the care staff and residents were wonderful but management churned over regularly and did their best to make everyone else's life miserable. Resident complaints.were.explained by management as staff telling residents to voice concern on their behalf, inadequate food portions were blamed on staff eating the food.Residents who attracted high funding levels were kept in the facility when they should have gone to hospital or more other appropriate facilities, these residents' complaints were taken seriously when those with lower acuity were told to move out if they are unhappy. The list goes on. BUPA is all about company profits and bonuses for those in control. Wages are lowest in industry and AINs expected to give medications as well as provide personal care. No wonder a Bupa employee went postal in Victoria
Pros
Nice building, residents and staff
Cons
See above.
Great to make money
Step up Coach and Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia11 September 2018
Great to make fast money, but no growth or support from upper management. Felt top performers etc were under valued.

Culture was relaxed and easy to work independantly
Pros
good salary
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bupa. Our community is ready to answer.