Bupa
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Bupa Employee Reviews

Australia242 reviews
overall good place to work in
nice place to work in, good culture, people are supportive. good benefits and 40% subsidy for health insurance, extra days off for nsw public holiday,
All good
Bupa is a excellent place for their carrier.
It provide enough training to its staff and working environment. While working at bupa i learn so many things like teamwork and cultural values of residents.
Productive and useful
Very good Keen sense of professionalism, proactive nature and genuine commitment to safety and efficient working practices, ensures the completion of all assigned responsibilities in a timely, safe and quality assured manner.•Experienced in assessing, planning, implementing, documenting, coordinating, and managing patient care in keeping with facility and hospital protocols.
• Ability to communicate and collaborate with patients, families, physicians and other health care professionals in achieving quality in patient care.

• Well-versed in administering medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician.

• Ability to work well in a team and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams.

Unhappy workplace
BUPA has a very divided workplace atmosphere, which makes for an unhappy, stressful workplace. Management are not supportive even though they present this way
Pros
The residents
Cons
Management, divided staff, processes
Indifferent, uncaring and callous
Staff avoid work and treat residents badly (as many have dementia & can't defend themselves). No managerial oversight, with hierarchy too worried about their own self-advancement. Residents neglected. Wouldn't keep my dog there, let alone a grandparent!
Pros
Cons
Toxic work culture
Bupa is the most poorly run business i have ever encountered no training no support
Wouldn't recommend working at Bupa if you have morals they are the most dishonest organisation staff that speak up are pushed out the door and residents are manipulated so they won't speak up
Pros
Cant think of anything
Cons
Bullying runs rapid through Bupa's veins
Fast paced work environment
Business Administrator part of leadership team. Heavy workload, fast paced work environment. Support for staff offered. On the job training and internal courses to complete. Hardest part of the job was competing deadlines. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with colleagues and sense of achievement when tasks completed.
Horrible.
Staff turn over extremely high due to constant employment of bad managers. One manager even stated 'we take the fish John west rejects' and then they do all their damage because they are incompetent, ride it out as long as possible, update the experience on their resumes and move on to the next aged care provider! All the while being offered financial incentives to save the company money at all costs and guess who misses out??? The residents! On everything!!! One department goes over in their budget so management takes it from another department's budget which only disadvantages residents and increases the workload for staff. Nurses and carers are kindhearted people by nature and this company certainly knows how to exploit that.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bupa?
BMVS Brisbane
Great work environment, great management team. Work life balance is great, very understanding workplace. You are paid in accordance with your role, benefits are good. I would recommend this workplace to anyone.
You will not find a better workplace.

Ft
I found it very positive environment to work in and all workers that worked there all had very positive attitudes towards the elderly residents and other staff members,which made it a great place to be employed at.
I love working there.
Staffs are very friendly as well as the residents.i have also done my placement from bupa aged care .So , all the staff help me gain experience and learn so much from them.
Duties to follow each day
Assist client in their recovery plans, routine and protocols to follow as required on each day, other clients have medical conditions it required regular medications. Brilliant team work with colleagues.
Laundry and cleaning
I work there I love working there I work in laundry and cleaning people were good to work with I learn lot there it was a little hard but did it in laundry I did both side washing clothes I got them all out that day plus another day I would do folding clothes got all cloths out
Low pay
Very low pay. The salary was inclusive of super which meant the base salary was extremely low. I became very sick due to the stressful nature of the job and had a terrible team leader who was not supportive at all.
It was okay
I was looked over for a promotion and lost to a brand new, barely experienced person and it really affected my motivation to remain. Very political if you want to proceed up the chain.
placement
Bupa was good experience for me to help out the people over 60 years old, it was hard most of the times but I was getting there. seeing people in bupa made me become who I am and work hard for myself and showed me to help out my family and give them explanations.
over worked under paid and terrible management
trying to find a more happier workplace. has the worst people running the place. over worked never enough staff they change the rules all the time for ever having team leaders and management on your back daily. after 4 years of it im mentally and physically drained need to find a new beginning and find a job where your appreciated for the long hours and hard work you give on a daily basis
busy working environment
I've chose this industry due to my passion in looking after people who needed me. This job made me stronger, more confident and able to stand up not only for myself but for the people i worked with and looked after. Every day at work would have different challengers and made you adjust to any situation. The hardest part of my work would be; trying to get on with the work and my life , once one of my residence would pass away. i enjoyed working in the aged care , knowing deep in my heart that people who i devoted my 8 years taking care of them , thanked me and appreciated me, together with their families.
productive
personal care, making beds, ready breakfast , chat with client, care about their hygiene. care about their daily activities during the duty hour, nice work culture, team work is effective,
Pros
team work
Cons
competitive work
Not satisfied
Due to multilevel of business this company particular in Sydney AGEDCARE sector creditation fail, No value of AIN, Discrimination Not qualified management staff on higher level in some facility, no job security of lower level.
Main thing is lack of carting Residents.
Bad period
I have nothing positive to say, that's place is toxic really toxic bupa stirling doesn't care about residents it's all about money making which is fair enough for private company, but at least put residents or consumers first. And move from a culture of task orientated culture.