Bupa
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bupa Employee Reviews

Australia313 reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Found 313 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,502 reviews

Great team but you must be up for call centre phone sales and KPI conscious

Team Leader is very nice and accommodating, trying his best to help, along with other Team Leaders / Trainers. Work in a call centre is, as expected, intense and non stop from the word go. The initial sales target is still manageable but you will have to pick yourself up and motivate yourself even when the sales doesn't come for a while. Bupa is doing as best as it could to facilitate WFH and incorporating a certain level of corporate culture.

A beautiful caring culture - Loved every bit of it

I love the culture at Bupa, everyone is so friendly and collaborative and open! It has been one of the best places I have ever worked for. There is so much caring involved and they do such a great job to take care of you and provide any support they can. My role has been project based and I have had the privilege to work with one of the best and most funniest yet productive teams in the company. They are also about recognition! Even if you are new to your team, they will not be afraid to call it out and show how much value you provide to Bupa!

Overall a positive experience

Enjoyed my time with Bupa and for a corporate company I didn’t just feel like a number. Management were supportive and mostly great to collaborate with. A fantastic training program for new starters and ongoing support and training throughout employment. Uniforms supplied and always paid on time. Would recommend working for Bupa.

rewarding making a elderley person smile and to assist with activities in their day

Rewarding helping elderley clients that may be unable to do some tasks themselves.Sharing a chat and looking at photos together and serving nice meals.

Not for everyone, not easy but rewarding for those who like to deal with people on daily basis.

It is not a simple CS job, it requires technical knowledge of the system and a generally good understanding of the insurance industry and Bupa's product. Having the right team and leadership is also very important otherwise it can be pretty miserable with a lack of communication and support. Expect to do a lot of external activities beyond the retail store as support and occasionally supporting other functions beyond the scope of retail due to short staffing. Pay (superannuation-inclusive) is pretty low but a good starting point for a career in insurance. Multi-tasking and working in fast pace environment can be stressful with the lack of staff. Set KPI can be unrealistic with the short staff situation as well.

Unstable management approach - multiple restructurings across the company.

I was excited to work there and enjoyed my work, my team and my Manager were very supportive. Unfortunately, the leadership uses regular restructuring as a way of managing the poor clinical outcomes. My role and my colleagues were made redundant. Interesting approach to poor clinical care.Highly paid Executive leadership is the financial focus of the organisation instead of resident care.

Toxic management

Always short staffed. Management doesnt care about the staffs. Pay is terrible and they only give short hour shifts. The staffs are friendly and nice apart from the managerial team

Run, this place is the worst!

Registered Dental Hygienist - This company is toxic. They try and look good on paper but in reality don’t adhere to any of there own policies. They currently are having to back pay staff $75million in underplayed wages to staff. I was on contracted hours yet told to come in late or go home early (sometimes only after a few hours) Told we would never get a pay rise. Staff are absolutely flogged workload wise, super short appointments where you are expected to do everything yourself with no assistant benefits only the company not patients or staff. Upper management don’t seem to have any idea about what they are doing and Many have no prior experience in dental what so ever. Working here made me rethink my career and hate my job. I wouldn’t recommend this place to my worst enemy. Don’t sell yourself short, work somewhere you will be treated with respect.

Pros

None come to mind

Cons

Long hours, terrible pay, purely target driven

Stressful work with the lack of support from the management

ProsIt was nice to work in a big stylish office building before we had to move to work from home. The company provided free fruits, tea and coffee at the office.You could have one well-being day once a year. The evening shift was at a higher rate.It was easy to get to know each other at the call centre. Most service consultants were friendly and supportive.Previously, Bupa organised small events or parties for socialising with work colleagues.ConsEvaluation is based only on KPIs. It is best if the customer does not call back within two weeks, as it will impact your KPI metrics.We also had to handle and resolve the issues outside of our expertise caused by the other departments. The management did not praise the time you spent on a successful resolution. But the time you spent on the phone to investigate could crash the above mentioned KPIs.We had to deal frequently with customers who could be aggressive, rude, or show their negative attitude towards your cultural background. However, you would not receive appropriate support from your Team Leader or higher Management.The management also controlled the number of short breaks going to the bathroom. And, they could question the frequency of visits and the length of time spent there(regardless of gender).The interaction with other departments was tricky. They could be responsive or not as much.If there was an issue with the computer or the working applications, it was difficult to convince the Service Desk to investigate and fix the technical problem.I would not recommend this work experience to my friends or colleagues -

Pros

Fresh fruits, clean modern office.

Cons

Stressful monotonous work process, lack of support from the management.

Not great

So sad for the residents and their families that pay a lot of money for a care service that cares very little. Really upsetting and disturbing. I will never work in aged care again.

Pros

Lovely residents

Cons

Pay and conditions

Customer bookings

The pay is far lower than the work they overload on you They need to hire more staffthey need to increase pay rather giving peanuts They load multiple channels such as inbound, emails and outbound bookings together. The performance evaluation is unfair after overloading. Its against OHS overloading so much- they need to split staff for inbound , emails as one and outbound separately- they need to provide more work life balance

Massive turnover in staff, overworked and underpaid

Extremely high stress levels, with unrealistic staff demands, Would not recommend. Poor management and terrible communication. unrealistic Blackout periods for leave. Massive staff turnover. Minimum support in job position.

Toxic work environment and bullies

You can tell the quality of an organisation by their retention of staff. Management was constantly changing. Employees were supposed to be impeccable but management took no responsibility for their lack of respect towards the staff, their bullying, and the micromanagement of the staff. They didn't follow their own values and ruled with an iron fist, forcing staffs to sign in a book, so they can be booted out of their job if found underperforming, hence not addressing the main facility issues. Any pushback was met with threats and intimidation. Old staffs think they are untouchable, suggestions were not taken on board and there is no chance of moving forward with the company. Managers spying and evedropping on workers, also using surbodinate workers to spy on their fellow managers.Carers are treated with disdain when they are the bread and butter of the organisation. Staff meetings were minimal and their acting GM is nothing but a bully, who sits in the office all day doing absolutely nothing, but eating kitchen food and fiddling with the computer. In all, unhappy staff felt disrespected and in fear if they spoke out, they will be ambushed, and kicked out of the facility. Its a risky environment!I do not recommend this facility for professional development, they will drain you with no support. If you are a family member, think twice.

Negative energy, work is never appreciated after repeatedly telling manager, no support at all

The whole management team is absolutely horrible, I worked at the call centre. The only fun thing was seeing ur co-workers, and sharing the same feeling of how much it sucks!

Not a nice place due to bullying and harassment

Management didn’t care about staff. A lot of staff got away with a lot of things that they shouldn’t have. Residents care is disgusting. The whole workplace culture is demeaning.

Pros

Lovely residents

Cons

Over worked, under pressure and short staffed all the time

Productive and busy commercially

The Lunch room is Not ideal as there is no table to eat on breaks and no private Bathroom for the staff, we have to go out to use the public toilets.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Long hours and multitasks

It's not the name. It's whoever owns the practice.

Do not recommend. The management are unprofessional and toxic. They will not give you time off and expect you to do double shift at short notice. Revenge rostering seems to be a problem too.

Cons

Toxic work place. Management do nothing. Old employees have chosen the easiest place to work.

RN does nothing. Old staffs doesn't help within facility. They think they are boss. Management does nothing. No care managers in the facility. What a miserable place to work. Admin do rosters and RN are dummy there. This place will never change.

Pros

You will learn to work in toxic place.

Cons

Too busy, toxic team playes in com 2

Great company culture-value staff and customers

Best company culture I’ve experienced. Bupa genuinely cares for their staff and customers. Ongoing training and development and support. Management tend to have moved around within the company and therefore understand the challenges of being on the phones

Pros

Schedule 4 weeks in advance Achievable KPIs Great management

Cons

Rotating shifts Difficult customers

Productive and fun workingplace

Overal a good experienceYour pay from bupa helps you fulfill your daily plus extra requirements. Good family environment Good management and helpful work partners.

Pros

Free lunches

Stressful

A new manager has taken over . Staff are all stressed out now and a lot are leaving . Terrible place to work .The quality of care there has plummeted and residents and staff are unhappy and complaining .

Pros

Weekend penalty rates

Cons

Understaffed overworked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bupa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Bupa