Bupa
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Bupa Employee Reviews

Australia250 reviews
Worked with Bupa 5 yrs. Good colleagues. Very competitive company / industry. KPIs unrealistic to demographic. Uniform supplied. Pay was good compared to other similar companies in industry though we had the added tasks of outreach activities required to help grow customer base and KPIs.

Training was comprehensive and provided.

Would have remained with company but request for 6mths leave rejected (all good, understand why), so left as the time off was required at the time. Heard they closed the branch approx 8 mths later.
Pros
Reasonable pay, uniforms, bonus opportunities, great colleagues
Cons
Unrealistic KPI sales targets to demographic
I joined the company ( Dental) at a bad time, however it was a learn on the go. Very little x support from senior staff, and not enough underlying support
Pros
Nil
Cons
Bad leaders
Staff morale was so miserable and low that everybody was just turning up to their shift because financially they had to, not because they enjoyed working for Bupa. Staff are treated poorly, management always had their own agenda, and Bupa couldn't care less about your workload, stresses or mental health. I ended up walking out on the job -- FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE -- in a panic attack from the stress, and ended up never returning on Drs orders - and not one phonecall from Bupa to ask how I was doing or anything. All management could ask me was what my handover notes were, and who I could I get as replacement. Company culture is shot from the top - I worked in the aged care sector in a business type role and it was the LONGEST 3 months of my life. Got a Bupa Leavers email asking me about my experience and why I left - completed and filled it out, stating the decline in my mental health due to work load pressures and lack of support and did not get a response from anyone in HR. This company has left a very sour taste in my mouth!!
Pros
The residents, discounted health insurance
Cons
Lack of respect from management, nobody cares about your workload, no follow up, offshore accounts department, convoluted work processes, low staff morale.
As above that I can add at the same time the culture in Bupa aged care is a lot to be desire there no support from management at any time whilst I was there I have seen good staff leave over the past few months as there was no support what so ever
good place to work a lot of benefits for you and your family, nice people in HR, help when needed have alot of services for you and will listen when you need it
Bupa is a excellent place for their carrier.
It provide enough training to its staff and working environment. While working at bupa i learn so many things like teamwork and cultural values of residents.
Very good Keen sense of professionalism, proactive nature and genuine commitment to safety and efficient working practices, ensures the completion of all assigned responsibilities in a timely, safe and quality assured manner.•Experienced in assessing, planning, implementing, documenting, coordinating, and managing patient care in keeping with facility and hospital protocols.
• Ability to communicate and collaborate with patients, families, physicians and other health care professionals in achieving quality in patient care.

• Well-versed in administering medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician.

• Ability to work well in a team and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams.

nice place to work in, good culture, people are supportive. good benefits and 40% subsidy for health insurance, extra days off for nsw public holiday,
BUPA has a very divided workplace atmosphere, which makes for an unhappy, stressful workplace. Management are not supportive even though they present this way
Pros
The residents
Cons
Management, divided staff, processes
Staff avoid work and treat residents badly (as many have dementia & can't defend themselves). No managerial oversight, with hierarchy too worried about their own self-advancement. Residents neglected. Wouldn't keep my dog there, let alone a grandparent!
Pros
Cons
Toxic work culture
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bupa?
Wouldn't recommend working at Bupa if you have morals they are the most dishonest organisation staff that speak up are pushed out the door and residents are manipulated so they won't speak up
Pros
Cant think of anything
Cons
Bullying runs rapid through Bupa's veins
Business Administrator part of leadership team. Heavy workload, fast paced work environment. Support for staff offered. On the job training and internal courses to complete. Hardest part of the job was competing deadlines. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with colleagues and sense of achievement when tasks completed.
Staff turn over extremely high due to constant employment of bad managers. One manager even stated 'we take the fish John west rejects' and then they do all their damage because they are incompetent, ride it out as long as possible, update the experience on their resumes and move on to the next aged care provider! All the while being offered financial incentives to save the company money at all costs and guess who misses out??? The residents! On everything!!! One department goes over in their budget so management takes it from another department's budget which only disadvantages residents and increases the workload for staff. Nurses and carers are kindhearted people by nature and this company certainly knows how to exploit that.
Great work environment, great management team. Work life balance is great, very understanding workplace. You are paid in accordance with your role, benefits are good. I would recommend this workplace to anyone.
You will not find a better workplace.

I found it very positive environment to work in and all workers that worked there all had very positive attitudes towards the elderly residents and other staff members,which made it a great place to be employed at.
Staffs are very friendly as well as the residents.i have also done my placement from bupa aged care .So , all the staff help me gain experience and learn so much from them.
Assist client in their recovery plans, routine and protocols to follow as required on each day, other clients have medical conditions it required regular medications. Brilliant team work with colleagues.
I work there I love working there I work in laundry and cleaning people were good to work with I learn lot there it was a little hard but did it in laundry I did both side washing clothes I got them all out that day plus another day I would do folding clothes got all cloths out
Very low pay. The salary was inclusive of super which meant the base salary was extremely low. I became very sick due to the stressful nature of the job and had a terrible team leader who was not supportive at all.
I was looked over for a promotion and lost to a brand new, barely experienced person and it really affected my motivation to remain. Very political if you want to proceed up the chain.
Bupa was good experience for me to help out the people over 60 years old, it was hard most of the times but I was getting there. seeing people in bupa made me become who I am and work hard for myself and showed me to help out my family and give them explanations.